ADVERTISEMENT

Man's best friend. Riiiight

SoProudNole

HR Legend
Jan 19, 2004

Hunter killed when his dog's paw touches trigger of loaded shotgun

Ozgur Gevrekoglu, 32, was wrapping up a hunting session with his friends in Samsun Province last weekend when his dog allegedly touched the trigger of a loaded shotgun gun with its paw, causing it to discharge, killing Gevrekoglu. He was pronounced dead on arrival after being rushed to the hospital.

Gevrekoglu had recently become a father.

According to the Post, some Turkish news outlets speculated that Gevrekoglu was murdered and his dog was blamed as a scapegoat.

Link

Reactions: h-hawk
I know someone who very nearly died in a similar accident; his dog knocked a gun off the seat of his truck, it discharged & shot the guy in the leg. Very nearly missed the femoral artery, which almost certainly would have resulted in him bleeding out before he could make it to the hospital.

I know someone who very nearly died in a similar accident; his dog knocked a gun off the seat of his truck, it discharged & shot the guy in the leg. Very nearly missed the femoral artery, which almost certainly would have resulted in him bleeding out before he could make it to the hospital.
Loaded guns in a vehicle are stupid. My wife taught a kid whose dad grabbed his shotgun by the barrel to pull it out of his truck...stupid enough, already...he had forgotten it was loaded or maybe he just didn't bother and it discharged and killed him. The kid was standing right there.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT