ADVERTISEMENT

Maquoketa Caves Campground Shooting

Heard about this on the news here in the Twin Cities, but had to pause a second to figure it out, as the newscaster pronounced it Mack O Keeta. Fortunately I had seen it here or I might still be trying to decipher what she was saying.

Yep, nothing black Americans could do, nary a one could ever have been successful in this shit hole, racist country....well, unless a white savior such as yourself came along and helped them.

How little do you truly think of people of color?
Yeah. You’re real great at discerning lessons of history, sociology, or even basic common sense. Sorry if the truth hurts your precious feelings. 🤣

There is no way this could have been prevented. None. Just like all the others.

Now queue all the low T pussy farts who drive their hybrids while drinking kombucha discussing their pronouns to tell us why its the guns.

Slow Joe........dementia....something something.
Well let's see... Shooting? Check. Guns involved? Check. No crossbows mentioned.

Lol EXPLAIN
Red lining, other housing and job discrimination, the destruction of centers of black wealth, lack of investment in black neighborhoods, inadequate schools for Black Americans, and income inequality have all taken their toll. You don’t cause, nor cure, these issues easily over night:

Reactions: Huey Grey
Oof. The guy appears to have killed a family of three and he didn’t even know who they were.

“Police responded to reports of the shooting at the Jackson County park's campground before 6:30 a.m., Mike Krapfl, special agent in charge of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said in a statement.

Krapfl said officers responding to the scene found three people dead inside a tent. Those victims have been identified as Cedar Falls residents Tyler Schmidt, 42, Sarah Schmidt, 42, and Lulu Schmidt, 6.

DCI assistant director Mitch Mortvedt previously said all three victims were family members.

Krapfl said officers searching the campground later found the body of a Nebraska man who had died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Authorities identified him as 23-year-old Anthony Orlando Sherwin.

Authorities have not released a possible motive. Investigators don't believe he had any prior relationship with the victims, Mortvedt said Friday afternoon.”

Oof. The guy appears to have killed a family of three and he didn’t even know who they were.

“Police responded to reports of the shooting at the Jackson County park's campground before 6:30 a.m., Mike Krapfl, special agent in charge of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said in a statement.

Krapfl said officers responding to the scene found three people dead inside a tent. Those victims have been identified as Cedar Falls residents Tyler Schmidt, 42, Sarah Schmidt, 42, and Lulu Schmidt, 6.

DCI assistant director Mitch Mortvedt previously said all three victims were family members.

Krapfl said officers searching the campground later found the body of a Nebraska man who had died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Authorities identified him as 23-year-old Anthony Orlando Sherwin.

Authorities have not released a possible motive. Investigators don't believe he had any prior relationship with the victims, Mortvedt said Friday afternoon.”

That's so f***** up. It's all so f***** up.

Oh no!! 😢

Facebook search pointing to a beautiful family and adorable little girl. OMG I’m so sick right now.

Your last sentence also justifies calls for "red flag laws". And that's yet another item the Radical Right refuses to accept.

Has Kimberly ordered flags to half staff yet? Maybe she just needs to check with the NRA to make sure the most recent political donation cleared the bank.
She is devastated by this news. As always, going forward she will trust Iowans to do the right thing.

0-D349302-C77-D-40-C4-AB2-F-0-C69-BFBDA097.jpg

BBA385-A3-DD95-4-F10-A94-E-4-AB945-F645-CF.jpg

Public post on FB. If I see the gofundme pop up I’ll put it here as well and maybe you dumbshits can stop baiting each other and arguing for two minutes and give up a little cash to help their 9 year old son that’s without his family now.

Awesome tapestry of deflection.
Since you responded to me, can you address the question I raised?

In the past anyone could mail order a firearm out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog. Delivered to your door with nary a check.

There is no arguing the fact guns used to be easier to obtain than they are today.

Aside from institutionalizing 95% fewer people per capita than we did in the 1950s, what has changed?

Or was this type of thing more prevalent then?
could by dynamite
Awesome tapestry of deflection.
Since you responded to me, can you address the question I raised?

In the past anyone could mail order a firearm out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog. Delivered to your door with nary a check.

There is no arguing the fact guns used to be easier to obtain than they are today.

Aside from institutionalizing 95% fewer people per capita than we did in the 1950s, what has changed?

Or was this type of thing more prevalent then?
100+ years ago anyone could buy dynamite too.

Most all people didn’t buy either. It was safer.

your so-called “logic” is all deflection and diversion.

facts: the more guns, the more dynamite, the more deaths

Reactions: noleclone2
0-D349302-C77-D-40-C4-AB2-F-0-C69-BFBDA097.jpg

BBA385-A3-DD95-4-F10-A94-E-4-AB945-F645-CF.jpg

Public post on FB. If I see the gofundme pop up I’ll put it here as well and maybe you dumbshits can stop baiting each other and arguing for two minutes and give up a little cash to help their 9 year old son that’s without his family now.
Thanks for posting. Amazing how decency gets lost and we immediately politicize everything. Gotta defend your side at all costs. Meanwhile, a young child will be impacted for life.

thankfully it appears that he has loving relatives to help him through this. Not sure how a 9 year does it though.

Turns out they were from Cedar Falls. The CF mayor posted on Twitter that she was evidently a public employee (librarian). Surprised nobody knows them on here.

She is devastated by this news. As always, going forward she will trust Iowans to do the right thing.

Stop telling us how upset you are, and how you have everyone in your prayers. Don't bother telling us you love cops.
DO SOMETHING, KIMMIE! Pretend that CRT killed this family. You'd jam multiple laws through the next legislative session if you could blame CRT for these senseless deaths.

Stop telling us how upset you are, and how you have everyone in your prayers. Don't bother telling us you love cops.
DO SOMETHING, KIMMIE! Pretend that CRT killed this family. You'd jam multiple laws through the next legislative session if you could blame CRT for these senseless deaths.
What law would have prevented this tragedy?

Reactions: EagleHawk
What law would have prevented this tragedy?
Perhaps every State having Red Flag laws?

We don't know if there was some kind of confrontation the night before, but the shooter clearly should not have possessed a gun.

But the NRA doesn't want that and those political campaigns don't fund themselves.

Your troll game really needs work.

What if it was a 12 gauge pump? Should we get rid of all guns? Is that what you are saying? I have two 12 gauges and a 22 caliber semi auto rifle. Should we ban those with the AR’s?
I suggest we adopt “the originalist” interpretation of the Constitution, so popular with THIS Court.
Americans can have all the muzzle loading rifles they want. Just like they could back when the Constitution was written. Anything else....not so much. Join the military.

The sad truth to the matter on the GoFundMe is that it has to be established relatively soon because that is when they will get the bulk of the help for that little boy since it is top of mind for a lot of people now. I'm sure they would rather not have to post anything and have that boys family back but in all reality if they posted it 6 months later nobody would give it a second look since there will be hundreds more of these tragedies between now and then.

ADVERTISEMENT