ADVERTISEMENT

Maquoketa Caves Campground Shooting

I blame Kimmie because she offers weak platitudes after spending her career in the legislature, as Lt. Governor of Iowa, and as Governor of Iowa weakening gun laws. Her career has been marked by a mad dash to allow more people to have guns, with less oversight, and to carry them around in any place that they want to. I blame Kimmie because EVERY SINGLE DAY people are killed by guns in this country and to her it's just a nuisance.
A family was slaughtered camping and it doesn't bother her enough to even think about changing her priorities. Oh, she'll jet off to the US / Mexican border, or hunt down TG kids, but she won't do stuff that makes people safe.
I blame Kim because at the center of this is a cultural narrative that guns are the answer for so many of life's questions and she has contributed to this. The laws won't do much good until they change the gun culture that has infiltrated our society. Why were these people so afraid that they brought an arsenal with them to go camping? Because politicians found it expedient to make them afraid.

You're getting your ass handed to you by a middle school girl.

Please explain to the rest of the class how red flag laws in Iowa would have prevented a guy in Nebraska from building a homemade gun.
Lol - by you? BWAAAAHAHAHA

As I've said many times, we don't know that they would or even could have prevented the tragedy in this case.

Tell me how red flag laws would have hurt in this case?

So insecure. Don't worry, you're pretty on the inside.

Sure. Great interstate highway system. Love the First Amendment thing. Unfortunately, our people are hooked on drugs, we’ve got the most people incarcerated of anywhere on the planet, our insurance system is a joke, our healthcare rights are getting stripped away, college is unaffordable, kids and other innocent people are getting slaughtered by the thousands, and. it’s only going to get worse because white people act like whiny man-children.
Who is getting slaughtered "by the thousands"?

Who is getting slaughtered "by the thousands"?
There have been several thousand people who have died in the past 30 years in mass shootings in this country. 96% of them were perpetrated by males. Of those that were committed against random groups of people, and not connected to previous crimes, like drug wars or whatever, and especially recently, a disproportionate majority have been committed by white males.

but this is more an issue of MAGA ideology and racism and violence in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
There have been several thousand people who have died in the past 30 years in mass shootings in this country. 96% of them were perpetrated by males. Of those that were committed against random groups of people, and not connected to previous crimes, like drug wars or whatever, and especially recently, have been committed by white males.

but this is more an issue of MAGA ideology and racism and violence in general.
"Thousands" Over 30 years..... in a country of 330,000,000...

You wanna run that "thousands" number by race or you want to just discount the overwhelming percentage done by minorities so you can focus on whitey?

You are finally coming around!

Yes, Kim Reynolds is gross. Her priorities are gross. Her style of politics is gross.

She is a gross human.
She will pray for your lost soul tonight. So, give her credit for that.

Reactions: torbee
I blame Kim because at the center of this is a cultural narrative that guns are the answer for so many of life's questions and she has contributed to this. The laws won't do much good until they change the gun culture that has infiltrated our society. Why were these people so afraid that they brought an arsenal with them to go camping? Because politicians found it expedient to make them afraid.
Arsenal. Did miss that in the article?
Thought it was a homemade gun?.

Arsenal. Did miss that in the article?
Thought it was a homemade gun?.
Some reports have said the family had multiple guns.
Eventually we will learn more about what happened, and details like this will come out. I will again say I think mom, or another family member is in trouble, and that's why so little has come out.

Reactions: McLovin32
That laws against ghost guns may have prevented this. Are you going to foolishly dispute that as well?

Junior high may be giving you too much credit.
We were discussing red flag laws, not laws against ghost guns. But since you want to change the parameters of the discussion, let’s talk about ghost guns for a moment.

I doubt very much that laws against ghost guns would have prevented this tragedy any more than laws against murder prevented it. Ghost guns are very easy to make and completely untraceable.

Japan has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world, including ghost guns, and yet some dude still managed to murder their former Prime Minister with a ghost gun.

We were discussing red flag laws, not laws against ghost guns. But since you want to change the parameters of the discussion, let’s talk about ghost guns for a moment.

I doubt very much that laws against ghost guns would have prevented this tragedy any more than laws against murder prevented it. Ghost guns are very easy to make and completely untraceable.

Japan has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world, including ghost guns, and yet some dude still managed to murder their former Prime Minister with a ghost gun.
Jesus you're dense. We were talking about red flag laws before we knew anything about a ghost gun. Now that has also become pertinent. Still, the bottom line is we don't know if they would have prevented this - we do know they wouldn't have caused it or hurt in any way.

SMFH - please try harder to keep up.

You argue like a middle school girl.
Since this was clearly intended as an insult, it's interesting that you specifically chose to compare me to a middle school girl as opposed to a middle school student. This clearly implies that you consider "middle school girl" to be more of an insult than "middle school boy".

I wonder why that is. Your misogyny is bubbling up to the surface, Riley. Perhaps it's time for some introspection.

Since this was clearly intended as an insult, it's interesting that you specifically chose to compare me to a middle school girl as opposed to a middle school student. This clearly implies that you consider "middle school girl" to be more of an insult than "middle school boy".

I wonder why that is. Your misogyny is bubbling up to the surface, Riley. Perhaps it's time for some introspection.
Lol - nice try junior. I am very familiar with the arguing style of middle school girls, this the comparison.

You're the one making the assumptions here. THAT'S very telling. Lol at the self own.

Lol - nice try junior. I am very familiar with the arguing style of middle school girls, this the comparison.

You're the one making the assumptions here. THAT'S very telling. Lol at the self own.
I'm not assuming anything. The implication of your insult was crystal clear. And you even acknowledged that you specifically chose to compare me to a middle school girl rather than a middle school boy or simply a middle schooler in general.

So tell us, Weinstein, since you're so familiar with middle school girls, what is it specifically about middle school girls that made you choose that particular comparison? What is it about girls that gives your insult that little extra zing?

Your misogyny is on full display now.

I'm not assuming anything. The implication of your insult was crystal clear. And you even acknowledged that you specifically chose to compare me to a middle school girl rather than a middle school boy or simply a middle schooler in general.

So tell us, Weinstein, since you're so familiar with middle school girls, what is it specifically about middle school girls that made you choose that particular comparison? What is it about girls that gives your insult that little extra zing?

Your misogyny is on full display now.
In my experience they are generally smarter, more stubborn and more emotional than boys. Thus the comparison. You act more like a teenage girl than a teenage boy, imo.

In other words, no extra zing (that's something you made up) just more appropriate.

In my experience they are generally smarter, more stubborn and more emotional than boys. Thus the comparison. You act more like a teenage girl than a teenage boy, imo.

In other words, no extra zing (that's something you made up) just more appropriate.
There is zero emotion in my arguments. Just 100% facts and logic. Lucas got emotional when he declared with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS that Kimmie should have stopped the shooting with stricter gun laws. But no emotion from me.

I was absolutely correct from the beginning when I stated that it was too early to know whether red flag laws or any laws would have stopped this tragedy. And I was proven correct when it was revealed that the killer used a ghost gun. Red flag laws would not have stopped him from building a homemade gun. And even ghost gun laws probably wouldn't have stopped him from obtaining a ghost gun any more than marijuana laws stop people from obtaining marijuana. It turns out that Lucas and Mitch's ranting and raving about Kim Reynolds was nothing more than ranting and raving.

So your comparison is obviously quite flawed.

Ohhhhh, we got the biggest white supremacist on the board. Like chum in the water for this loser. 🤣
giphy.gif

You need some help for your CR neighborhood watch team? 3 stabbings in a month...

There is zero emotion in my arguments. Just 100% facts and logic. Lucas got emotional when he declared with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS that Kimmie should have stopped the shooting with stricter gun laws. But no emotion from me.

I was absolutely correct from the beginning when I stated that it was too early to know whether red flag laws or any laws would have stopped this tragedy. And I was proven correct when it was revealed that the killer used a ghost gun. Red flag laws would not have stopped him from building a homemade gun. And even ghost gun laws probably wouldn't have stopped him from obtaining a ghost gun any more than marijuana laws stop people from obtaining marijuana. It turns out that Lucas and Mitch's ranting and raving about Kim Reynolds was nothing more than ranting and raving.

So your comparison is obviously quite flawed.
Thanks for proving my point. Lol.

Didn’t the 23yo’s family originally try to say there was more to the story and that they believed their son was protecting the family. This kind of blows that theory out if the water.

Reactions: lucas80
You are finally coming around!

Yes, Kim Reynolds is gross. Her priorities are gross. Her style of politics is gross.

She is a gross human.
She is classic politician. She does not care about her constituents in Iowa. She cares about her political future on a larger scale. And to move ahead she has to align herself with the Trump faction. It's pathetic how people will kiss his crazy ass to further their careers.

Didn’t the 23yo’s family originally try to say there was more to the story and that they believed their son was protecting the family. This kind of blows that theory out if the water.
Yeah I think the mom tried to say the killer was seen wearing black, and her son was wearing dark green, or something stupid like that. As if there's a hell of a lot of difference between the 2 in the early morning hours before the sun is totally up.

Reactions: lucas80 and Chuck C
Not sure if I missed it or not but did they ever say what the situation was with the son of the family? If I recall he had no injuries. Seems odd

She is classic politician. She does not care about her constituents in Iowa. She cares about her political future on a larger scale. And to move ahead she has to align herself with the Trump faction. It's pathetic how people will kiss his crazy ass to further their careers.
That’s Vice President Reynolds to you.

Reactions: bdg8
I haven’t seen any updates on the shootings. I’m a little surprised that more official releases have not been made, and that more information hasn’t leaked out from people with inside information.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT