ADVERTISEMENT

Marc Thiessen: If Biden wants to get more shots in arms, give Trump credit for the vaccines...

Now, you do understand that Donald was THE ONE that put it in all of these people's heads that COVID19 is a hoax, why should Donald get credit for anything related to the virus? 15 to none. Fake, it was fake. Cults, don't join cults. There is a reason why these people will never take the vaccine, because they are told not to. And they can't get it out of their heads, Trump getting the virus had ZERO affect on them. None.

Reactions: lucas80
Sadly there is too much misinformation out there and people will only believe what they want to hear. I have no clue how you solve it, but it is God damn frustrating.

Reactions: Jedhawk77
There are multiple factors, but I think inconsistent messaging has played a big role with the anti-vax crowd. The biggest inconsistency has been continuing to push masks on people even though they've been vaccinated.

The more liberal minded folks on this board will certainly jump on that as being stupid, but everyone doesn't think like you.

Every inconsistency makes people who are skeptical by nature even more skeptical, to the point where they are unwillingly to believe anything.

There are multiple factors, but I think inconsistent messaging has played a big role with the anti-vax crowd. The biggest inconsistency has been continuing to push masks on people even though they've been vaccinated.

The more liberal minded folks on this board will certainly jump on that as being stupid, but everyone doesn't think like you.

Every inconsistency makes people who are skeptical by nature even more skeptical, to the point where they are unwillingly to believe anything.
If you don't understand vaccine science, or why masks and distancing help people, and you view that as being inconsistent, you just can't be helped. Those people are the target audience for getting their information from Facebook, to tweets by MTG and Lauren Boebert. Those people are just stupid to begin with.

Small kudos to Theissen for actually admitting that Trump could toot his own horn all he wants. Instead of suing Facebook, he could have held a vaccination rally yesterday. He could cut a PSA himself. He doesn't need an invitation to be in the spotlight, he simply is playing to the cult which has a lot of anti-vaxxers in it.
I know a lot of you have been overwhelmed by Trump stuff over the years, but Trump dipped his toe into the anti-vaxxer waters back in 2015 and 2016. These are his people, and he will never turn against them.

Reactions: Finance85
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden missed his Independence Day target of getting first shots into the arms of 70% of American adults. If he wants to convince the vaccine-hesitant to get immunized — especially vaccine-hesitant Republicans — there is a simple way to do so: Give Donald Trump the credit he deserves for the vaccines.

Former presidents George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were all invited to record public service ads urging Americans to get vaccinated. The only former president not included was the one whose voice could have made the biggest difference — Trump.

This makes no sense. Today, it is Trump supporters who are most likely to remain unvaccinated. The 20 U.S. states with the highest vaccination rates all voted for Biden in 2020. Meanwhile, most of the 22 states with the lowest vaccination rates went for Trump — including almost all of the states with vaccination rates below 50%. A new Post-ABC News poll finds that while 86% of Democrats say they have received at least one dose, only 45% of Republicans have. And while just 6% of unvaccinated Democrats say they aren’t likely to get vaccinated, 47% of Republicans say they probably or definitely will not get shots against the virus.

If Biden wants to convince those Americans to get immunized, he should remind them that Operation Warp Speed — the greatest public health achievement in human history — was also the greatest achievement of the Trump presidency. All three vaccines that eventually received FDA approval received critical support from his administration. He provided $955 million to support the development of Moderna’s vaccine and another $1.5 billion to support large-scale manufacturing and distribution of the vaccine.

Before leaving office, Trump had contracted to buy at least 800 million vaccine doses with delivery by July 31 — enough to vaccinate every single American. He put us on track to end the pandemic, and get our lives back.

But instead of giving Trump credit for this accomplishment, Biden has tried to play down Trump’s role, falsely declaring that “my predecessor — as my mother would say, ‘God love him’ — failed to order enough vaccines.” Indeed, Biden has tried to take credit not only for vaccine distribution but also vaccine development, noting in a recent speech that “the science was done under Democratic and Republican administrations.” This is childish. Operation Warp Speed gave us the vaccines. Trump led it. It was his achievement. Full stop. Acknowledging this fact does not require Biden to gloss over what he considers Trump’s other manifold failures in office or his terrible behavior after the election. Biden is the one who promised to usher in a new era of bipartisanship, so why can’t he admit his Republican predecessor’s role in delivering the vaccines that are saving us?

If Biden isn’t comfortable touting Trump’s achievement, he could ask Trump to do it. Does Biden really think that voters in Trump states are going to be persuaded by appeals from Carter, Clinton and Obama to get immunized? Apparently, Biden considered asking for Trump’s help. In March, he said, “I discussed it with my team and they say the thing that has more impact than anything Trump would say to the MAGA folks is what the local doctors, what the local preachers, what the local people in the community say.” No, that’s not true. Indeed, an appeal from Trump may very well be the only thing that would convince some of his supporters to get their shots.

Of course, Trump does not need to wait for an invitation from Biden. He could set up vaccination sites at his rallies, which would give him an opportunity to tout his administration’s singular success in saving us from COVID-19. And Republican governors in pro-Trump states could record public service ads of their own featuring Trump urging his supporters to get the vaccines his administration produced.

But though those efforts might be useful, it is the sitting president’s responsibility to convince Americans to get immunized. While the Biden administration deserves credit for the effective distribution of the vaccines, it was President Trump who made the vaccines possible. The message to vaccine-hesitant Republicans should be: If you trust Trump, get your Trump vaccine.

Biden receives Covid-19 vaccine, praises Trump's 'Operation Warp Speed'​

Oh look...more steaming feces in support of our disgraced former POTUS.

Now, you do understand that Donald was THE ONE that put it in all of these people's heads that COVID19 is a hoax, why should Donald get credit for anything related to the virus? 15 to none. Fake, it was fake. Cults, don't join cults. There is a reason why these people will never take the vaccine, because they are told not to. And they can't get it out of their heads, Trump getting the virus had ZERO affect on them. None.

Again, when he said Hoax, the media ran with it and spun it to mean the virus itself was a hoax. And no doubt, many of his idiot followers took it that way as well. But it wasn't what he was saying and the fact you and many are still saying that's what he meant, says more about you.

Did Trump get vaccinated? If he did, and he went over the airways after Biden acknowledged without Warp Speed, under the Trump administration, we may not be as far along with the vaccines as we are, it may sway enough of the idiots to make the right decision and get vaccinated. Thus, possibly pushing us over the herd immunity threshold.

I'm not saying it will work, but isn't it worth a try for the sake of the Country, and the World? Since this virus keeps getting passed back and forth between countries.

Why not have one of the big accounting firms figure out the value of a Covid shot? These are being given away free by the government and the dollar amount spent by the government and by the developers must be huge on a per-vaccine basis. I am guessing it would come out to more than the $1400 that everyone scrambled to make sure they received.

Start circulating that number, describing it as a government freebie. People like government freebies and would accordingly line up by the zillions to make sure they get their rightful share.

One other thing: There is a built-in assumption on this board that 90-100% of the holdouts are Republicans. This is odd, since I only hear this on HROT and it certainly does not ring true. The people I meet who are unvaccinated appear to be from demographics more predictably Democratic; young, of various minorities, permanently broke, and generally afraid to be poked in the arm.

I am 74, white, and solidly Republican. My friends and associates are somewhat the same, and are, to a person fully vaccinated. It just seems odd that people like myself would be in the intentional holdout grouping.

You folks who are going on the rants about getting the vaccine should do a better job of targeting.

Last edited:
No, it's not dumb. And it isn't what Joe says that matters at this point. Give the idiot credit for Warp Speed and fast tracking the vaccine. Ask him to record a public service announcement and air it over and over.

It's not going to convince all the idiots, but it will help.

"I think the administration deserves some credit getting this off the ground with Operation Warp Speed," Biden said.

Should have said "A Lot of" but he did give some credit. Which is better than nothing. So now invite Trump to record a public service announcement. And if they already have invited him to and he declined, let us know. Then we can put this to bed....

• Haha
Reactions: Huey Grey
Small kudos to Theissen for actually admitting that Trump could toot his own horn all he wants. Instead of suing Facebook, he could have held a vaccination rally yesterday. He could cut a PSA himself. He doesn't need an invitation to be in the spotlight, he simply is playing to the cult which has a lot of anti-vaxxers in it.
I know a lot of you have been overwhelmed by Trump stuff over the years, but Trump dipped his toe into the anti-vaxxer waters back in 2015 and 2016. These are his people, and he will never turn against them.
This is exactly right when it comes to the PSA.

I've already seen a clip of him telling people to get the vaccine, months ago. But it sure as hell didn't get a lot of air time.

70+ million people voted for that idiot. And we know he loves the spotlight. Give credit where credit is due and ask him to record a public announcement.

And how about the other side stop acting like kids too, ala Kamala Harris saying she wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump said to?
Again though, what makes you think Trump would do that PSA? I have no doubt that when the other former presidents did their PSA, he was asked as well.

"I think the administration deserves some credit getting this off the ground with Operation Warp Speed," Biden said.

Should have said "A Lot of" but he did give some credit. Which is better than nothing. So now invite Trump to record a public service announcement. And if they already have invited him to and he declined, let us know. Then we can put this to bed....
Why does Trump need to be asked to record a PSA?

Reactions: Finance85
Again though, what makes you think Trump would do that PSA? I have no doubt that when the other former presidents did their PSA, he was asked as well.

I would bet money that he wasn't,... if he had been asked and declined I'm certain the media would be all over that.

You have no doubt? I do. Members of Biden's party are not too proud, for lack of a better word, to tell him do not talk to that man..

If you don't understand vaccine science, or why masks and distancing help people, and you view that as being inconsistent, you just can't be helped. Those people are the target audience for getting their information from Facebook, to tweets by MTG and Lauren Boebert. Those people are just stupid to begin with.
Like I said, you don't understand that about half the people don't think like you.

If we carry your logic to the next step, if those people just can't be helped, then why blame anyone?

As for me, the message has been inconsistent. So out of an abundance of caution, I wore a mask, got vaccinated ASAP, and continued to wear a mask for awhile, even though I knew I really didn't have to. Fauci in particular, and a variety of politicians, haven't followed the science. So the stupid people you refer to are really no different than Fauci in that regard. It's their actions that are different.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Again, when he said Hoax, the media ran with it and spun it to mean the virus itself was a hoax. And no doubt, many of his idiot followers took it that way as well. But it wasn't what he was saying and the fact you and many are still saying that's what he meant, says more about you.

Did Trump get vaccinated? If he did, and he went over the airways after Biden acknowledged without Warp Speed, under the Trump administration, we may not be as far along with the vaccines as we are, it may sway enough of the idiots to make the right decision and get vaccinated. Thus, possibly pushing us over the herd immunity threshold.

I'm not saying it will work, but isn't it worth a try for the sake of the Country, and the World? Since this virus keeps getting passed back and forth between countries.
He called the Dem criticism of his response a hoax...as hundreds of thousands of people died and his administration played games with the states and failed to establish any kind of roll out plan for the vaccine he wants to take credit for.

Trump did get vaccinated...SECRETLY, rather than using the occasion as an event to encourage his followers. He has, once as far as a I can tell, endorsed the vaccine. Biden DID credit the importance of Warp Speed when he was PUBLICLY vaccinated. So, other than bowing and scraping to The Donald, everything you suggested has been done. What's absolutely certain is that if the current admin tried to engage with Trump on this, it would go nowhere unless there was something in it for Trump personally. He does not one thing that doesn't benefit him.

And The Donald could be doing more now. He could be claiming credit for Warp Speed at his rallies and urging his followers to get vaccinated. Show me a single instance of this.

I would bet money that he wasn't,... if he had been asked and declined I'm certain the media would be all over that.

You have no doubt? I do. Members of Biden's party are not too proud, for lack of a better word, to tell him do not talk to that man..

Perhaps, but Biden wasn’t the only one involved with that. You’re seriously telling me, that based on everything we know about these former presidents vs what we know about Trump, that it’s more likely he wasn’t asked at all. Biden, Obama, and Bush, all other things aside, have consistently shown themselves to be decent men. Flawed as presidents perhaps, but decent men.

and no, I think Biden would have tried to keep it quiet if Trump had said no. Publicly embarrassing Trump like that would only have made it even harder to get Trumpers to sign on. I also found numerous articles about Trump advisors begging him to do a PSA but he keeps refusing.

Reactions: Joes Place
Like I said, you don't understand that about half the people don't think like you.

If we carry your logic to the next step, if those people just can't be helped, then why blame anyone?

As for me, the message has been inconsistent. So out of an abundance of caution, I wore a mask, got vaccinated ASAP, and continued to wear a mask for awhile, even though I knew I really didn't have to. Fauci in particular, and a variety of politicians, haven't followed the science. So the stupid people you refer to are really no different than Fauci in that regard. It's their actions that are different.
Gotta be honest, I am at the point where I don't care to understand a lot of people if they don't understand science, or don't want to understand science. I am getting past "respecting other people's decisions", if they are dumb.

I personally don’t believe the inconsistency is the main factor in low vaccination rates in some populations.

There are those who will seek any reason not to be vaccinated. We can chalk it up to inconsistency but the real culprit is a lack of individual responsibility and critical thinking skills. Let’s face it: there’s a portion of the population that isn’t smart enough to cut through the bullshit. You have been…so kudos to you.

The rest of those who are refusing to be vaccinated can go pound sand. They’re beyond help.

You’re seriously telling me, that based on everything we know about these former presidents vs what we know about Trump, that it’s more likely he wasn’t asked at all.
Yes, that's exactly what I saying...
An argument could be made, based on what we know about Trump, that he was asked but wanted a quid pro quo and was turned down.

Reactions: Joes Place
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden missed his Independence Day target of getting first shots into the arms of 70% of American adults. If he wants to convince the vaccine-hesitant to get immunized — especially vaccine-hesitant Republicans — there is a simple way to do so: Give Donald Trump the credit he deserves for the vaccines.

Former presidents George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were all invited to record public service ads urging Americans to get vaccinated. The only former president not included was the one whose voice could have made the biggest difference — Trump.

This makes no sense. Today, it is Trump supporters who are most likely to remain unvaccinated. The 20 U.S. states with the highest vaccination rates all voted for Biden in 2020. Meanwhile, most of the 22 states with the lowest vaccination rates went for Trump — including almost all of the states with vaccination rates below 50%. A new Post-ABC News poll finds that while 86% of Democrats say they have received at least one dose, only 45% of Republicans have. And while just 6% of unvaccinated Democrats say they aren’t likely to get vaccinated, 47% of Republicans say they probably or definitely will not get shots against the virus.

If Biden wants to convince those Americans to get immunized, he should remind them that Operation Warp Speed — the greatest public health achievement in human history — was also the greatest achievement of the Trump presidency. All three vaccines that eventually received FDA approval received critical support from his administration. He provided $955 million to support the development of Moderna’s vaccine and another $1.5 billion to support large-scale manufacturing and distribution of the vaccine.

Before leaving office, Trump had contracted to buy at least 800 million vaccine doses with delivery by July 31 — enough to vaccinate every single American. He put us on track to end the pandemic, and get our lives back.

But instead of giving Trump credit for this accomplishment, Biden has tried to play down Trump’s role, falsely declaring that “my predecessor — as my mother would say, ‘God love him’ — failed to order enough vaccines.” Indeed, Biden has tried to take credit not only for vaccine distribution but also vaccine development, noting in a recent speech that “the science was done under Democratic and Republican administrations.” This is childish. Operation Warp Speed gave us the vaccines. Trump led it. It was his achievement. Full stop. Acknowledging this fact does not require Biden to gloss over what he considers Trump’s other manifold failures in office or his terrible behavior after the election. Biden is the one who promised to usher in a new era of bipartisanship, so why can’t he admit his Republican predecessor’s role in delivering the vaccines that are saving us?

If Biden isn’t comfortable touting Trump’s achievement, he could ask Trump to do it. Does Biden really think that voters in Trump states are going to be persuaded by appeals from Carter, Clinton and Obama to get immunized? Apparently, Biden considered asking for Trump’s help. In March, he said, “I discussed it with my team and they say the thing that has more impact than anything Trump would say to the MAGA folks is what the local doctors, what the local preachers, what the local people in the community say.” No, that’s not true. Indeed, an appeal from Trump may very well be the only thing that would convince some of his supporters to get their shots.

Of course, Trump does not need to wait for an invitation from Biden. He could set up vaccination sites at his rallies, which would give him an opportunity to tout his administration’s singular success in saving us from COVID-19. And Republican governors in pro-Trump states could record public service ads of their own featuring Trump urging his supporters to get the vaccines his administration produced.

But though those efforts might be useful, it is the sitting president’s responsibility to convince Americans to get immunized. While the Biden administration deserves credit for the effective distribution of the vaccines, it was President Trump who made the vaccines possible. The message to vaccine-hesitant Republicans should be: If you trust Trump, get your Trump vaccine.

That plus not making fully vaccinated people wear masks at all. Anywhere.

Robert Kennedy, Jr. is a Trump guy?

Robert Kennedy, Jr. is a Trump guy?
I don't know if he is pro Trump. He is stupid, though. Do you think if you threw out a Kennedy name that made anti-vaxxers less stupid?
Are you vaccinated against Covid?

ADVERTISEMENT