ADVERTISEMENT

Marco Lainez has same QB Coach as Nate & Spencer (Tony Racioppi). Was asked who he models his game after. His answer? “The great Brad Banks.”

Marco is clearly a dual threat guy. Spencer was the last immobile pocket passer Iowa recruited, and he made Nate look like Lamar Jackson. Hogan was mobile, maybe not a natural runner but not a statue like Spencer. Alex was supposed to be mobile; he looked the part but just lacked the game skills to be a productive runner. May was a productive runner in HS, not super-fast but big, instinctive and hard to get down. Lainz is the actual dual threat guy, as is Resar and Resar is very fast.

Cade's a mobile guy, maybe not a natural runner but mobile in the pocket and capable of some infantry duty. Joe is a natural runner and dual threat player as he showed in his first chance to play. The idea that KF only seeks immobile QBs (although Banks, Tate, Jake C, Jake R and CJ were all mobile, some more than others and Jake C's runs might have been prompted by survival instinct). Nate wasn't very mobile and Spencer was a statue, of course but most of the Iowa QBs, even the generally terrible Scott Mullen, had good pocket mobility.

with all his stats Rivals dropped from #230 4* to A 5.6 3* right after he committed to IA also he was recruited by Brian he also is/was QB Resar's lead recruiter, Brian is bringing change to the IA offense by bringing in more mobile QB's.

with all his stats Rivals dropped from #230 4* to A 5.6 3* right after he committed to IA also he was recruited by Brian he also is/was QB Resar's lead recruiter, Brian is bringing change to the IA offense by bringing in more mobile QB's.
He was still a 4 star by Rivals 5 months after he verballed to Iowa...He was re-evaluated after a camp performance where members of the Rivals staff watched him perform up close...I have no idea if he will excel or be a dud...His star rating in high school will have no bearing on what he accomplishes in his time at Iowa.

The trio of Nate Stanley, Tony Raccciopi and Ken O'Keefe had a hell of alot more to do with Lainz verballing to Iowa than Brian Ferentz...KOK handled the QB recruiting up to his official retirement...

Last edited:
He was still a 4 star by Rivals 5 months after he verballed to Iowa...He was re-evaluated after a camp performance where members of the Rivals staff watched him perform up close...I have no idea if he will excel or be a dud...His star rating in high school will have no bearing on what he accomplishes in his time at Iowa.

The trio of Nate Stanley, Tony Raccciopi and Ken O'Keefe had a hell of alot more to do with Lainz verballing to Iowa than Brian Ferentz...KOK handled the QB recruiting up to his official retirement...
Too much crap about stars rating. all over the place.

if you say so. but the commitments list show Brian as the lead recruiter. put your Brian hating glasses down. so go check the commitment list and it clearly shows that Brian as his recruiter. not KOK.
you have nothing but hatred for Brian and will go to your grave refusing to giving Brian any credit.

if you say so. but the commitments list show Brian as the lead recruiter. put your Brian hating glasses down. so go check the commitment list and it clearly shows that Brian as his recruiter. not KOK.
you have nothing but hatred for Brian and will go to your grave refusing to giving Brian any credit.
I'll give him credit when it is due. In this instance,he wasn't Lainez lead recruiter. KOK handled QB recruiting during his separate tours of duty at Iowa. Lainez verballed to Iowa before KOK retired. Numerous posts/stories about if he would still sign with Iowa after KF handed BF the QB coaching duties..

I'll give him credit when it is due. In this instance,he wasn't Lainez lead recruiter. KOK handled QB recruiting during his separate tours of duty at Iowa. Lainez verballed to Iowa before KOK retired. Numerous posts/stories about if he would still sign with Iowa after KF handed BF the QB coaching duties..
show me where KOK is listed as his lead recruiter as I already stated where Brian is listed as his recruiter.

produce just 1 of these stories.

like I said you will never give Brian credit. 51 wins to 23 losses, for a 68.9 winning %'s
1 BTW Championship
4 straight top 25 final rankings
2 30+ ppg seasons
no losing seasons
4-1 in bowl games.

don't give me that BS about how Phil and Lavar won all those games.

Last edited:
show me where KOK is listed as his lead recruiter as I already stated where Brian is listed as his recruiter.

produce just 1 of these stories.

like I said you will never give Brian credit. 51 wins to 23 losses, for a 68.9 winning %'s
1 BTW Championship
4 straight top 25 final rankings
2 30+ ppg seasons
no losing seasons
4-1 in bowl games.

don't give me that BS about how Phil and Lavar won all those games.
I'll help you, go to YouTube, type in Marco Lainez and watch any of the million interviews he has had with Hawkeye reporters. His recruitment was driven by KOK.

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT