ADVERTISEMENT

Marco Rubio says he will not vote to codify same-sex marriage into law. Calls it a "non-issue" & says "plenty of gay people are mad about gas prices".

Unfortunately that's true. This country is all sorts of messed up because people can't be reasonable as a whole.

For example, overturning Roe was a blessing on this world but there has to be common sense. Allow rape victims especially children to access abortions. Allow abortions in cases where the mothers life is in danger and if the fetus can never be viable. Allow all access to birth control including morning after pills.

Just doing that would shut up everyone and it would end the vast majority of abortions.
I agree with all of this except overturning Roe is a blessing.

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida told Insider on Wednesday that he would not vote to codify same-sex marriage at the federal level, calling it a "non-issue."

"I don't know why we're doing that bill, there's no threat to its status in America," he told Punchbowl News reporter Christian Hall when asked about the Respect for Marriage Act. "But I know plenty of gay people in Florida that are pissed off about gas prices."

Asked whether he supported same-sex marriage generally, Rubio punted again.

"States decide marriage laws, they always have," he said. "It's why you can get married in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator in two hours."

Insider then asked Rubio why he wouldn't say clearly which way he'd vote.

"I'm not voting for that bill, what do you mean I won't say how I'll vote?" he said, calling the bill a "waste of our time on a non-issue."

Asked for clarification on Rubio's comments, his communications director Dan Holler pointed out that the Florida Republican has been consistent in his position on the issue.

"I don't think the current Constitution gives the federal government the power to regulate marriage," Rubio said on "Meet The Press" in December 2015. "That belongs at the state and local level."
It's a useless law, voting for it or against changes or does nothing. Go ahead, put a lot of wasted energy into it

ADVERTISEMENT