ADVERTISEMENT

Marianne Williamson hot-mic moment: “Conservatives are nicer to me”

girdyourloins.gif

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
Dems feel she's making a mockery of their primary by talking about how meditation is going to fix all our problems or whatever freaking crazy ideas she has (I don't keep track.)

The Republicans have already mocked themselves by nominating Donald Trump and celebrating a win after their candidate got 3 million less votes than Hilary Clinton.

So sure they are nicer to her. She's not mocking them and they have already mocked themselves worse than she ever could.

Then why weren't Democrats nice to Sarah Palin and/or Michelle Bachmann?

They actually held elected office and/or had a much higher chance of becoming president than Williamson.

(I know Palin only ran for VP, but having a decent chance of becoming VP still puts you at a much higher chance of being POTUS than someone who's never eclipsed 1% in her party's presidential primary.)

Dems where nice to Kasich. Mostly because he sounded like the reasonable one but it also has a lot to do with the fact that he didn't have a very good chance of winning. If Kasich was the leader of the 2016 republican presidential primary the knives would have come out hard.

Then why weren't Democrats nice to Sarah Palin and/or Michelle Bachmann?

Because there was no way Ms. Williamson was going to be president, because she's a certifiable nutbag. And 1 of your nutbags was actually in Congress doing harmful things and the other was actually a vice presidential candidate.

Because there was no way Ms. Williamson was going to be president. And 1 of those turds was actually in Congress doing harmful things and the other was actually a vice presidential candidate.

You're thinking too much.

I'd be with her on an astral plane for one night, crystals and all. She is a dingbat but I think she actually believes what she says. Most politicians don't so on that count, I think she's at least amiable.

You're thinking too much.

I disagree, the chances a primary candidate has to winning have a lot to do with how the other side treats them.

Kasich had very little chance of winning so he was every Democrats favorite Republican. (To be fair I liked him but I'm more independent, at least prior to Trump) But I actually probably would have voted for the man. Whereas most Dems wouldn't have voted for Kasich in the general.

Tulsi has very little chance of winning and she suddenly became a Fox News Cause celeb.

If the odds where to different in those people's favor, the knives come out.

Shoot McCain was generally well liked and respected by Dems, until he secured the 2008 Republican Nomination.

Things like odds of winning and if they hold office (especially a federal office) has a lot to do with now nicely the other party treats them.

Williamson is a no-one, she has no elected office. I never heard of her til now, but I guess she's friends with Oprah or something like that. She never got over 1% in polling so her odds of winning about the same odds as all of the other Democratic candidate's planes colliding into one another at the same time.

The Dems don't like her because they feel mocked. On the debates she sticks out like a sore thumb. All these other people up there are discussing serious issues and she's talking about some new agey crap.

It would be like if someone invited Gwenith Paltrow to a medical conference. All these doctors would be discussing serious medicine and ways to cure cancer and stuff and Gwen would be talking about the benefits of her vaginal jade eggs.

Last edited:
Dems feel she's making a mockery of their primary by talking about how meditation is going to fix all our problems or whatever freaking crazy ideas she has (I don't keep track.)

I see,.. so you guys won't fall for absolutely every crazy idea then...

I see,.. so you guys won't fall for absolutely every crazy idea then...

I don't consider myself one of the. I'm just allied momentarily because of how the Republicans are acting. If the Republicans start acting reasonable again I likely wouldn't consider myself to have a strong connection with either side. (Although given how far gone they are I will likely always view them with suspicion unless they can show that they actively opposed what's going on now.)

From what I can see I'm not going to say that Dems wouldn't fall for a "crazy" idea because that would be in the eyes of the beholder. But they likely wouldn't in large numbers start believing that meditation or something like that is going to fix the nation's problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT