ADVERTISEMENT

Marinelli Seed at Nat's

I hope you are right, but don’t jinx it. Griffith is undefeated and has wrestled a ton of matches. His RPI was #1 going Into conferences. I am not certain he doesn’t end up with the 1 seed.....

I hope you are right, but don’t jinx it. Griffith is undefeated and has wrestled a ton of matches. His RPI was #1 going Into conferences. I am not certain he doesn’t end up with the 1 seed.....
Griffith won't have the QW points or CR to beat Marinelli.Griffith will more then likely be the #3 behind Cenzo because of CR as well

Griffith won't have the QW points or CR to beat Marinelli.Griffith will more then likely be the #3 behind Cenzo because of CR as well

I do like this argument and used it when this was being discussed before conferences. Still, Griffith is undefeated and wrestled a full schedule. Since both guys have losses, I don’t think it is as cut and dry as you think. Hell, I almost think it would have been better if Marinelli lost so he gets the 3 and Joseph almost certainly gets the 1 and Griffith the 2.

I do like this argument and used it when this was being discussed before conferences. Still, Griffith is undefeated and wrestled a full schedule. Since both guys have losses, I don’t think it is as cut and dry as you think. Hell, I almost think it would have been better if Marinelli lost so he gets the 3 and Joseph almost certainly gets the 1 and Griffith the 2.

It’s never better to lose.

It’s never better to lose.

That is why I made sure to say “almost”. Still would you rather be a multi time Big 10 champ or a 4x NCAA Finalist with no big 10 championships? If there is a time it is better to lose it would be at conferences instead of NCAA’s!

Ryan Bertin would happily agree!

You can do the seed points on your own.The selection process manual is available to the public

I am well aware of the criteria, but if you think they follow it to the letter, you haven’t been paying attention to all the seedings each year. There are always some headscratchers mixed in.
Well aware of that.Believe me I know all about it

I would be very surprised if marinelli isn't 1 seed. The only criteria Griffith would have is win %. I think marinelli would have advantage in every other criteria. I'd be surprised if Griffith is ahead of cenzo, but it doesn't matter as much between the 2 and 3 seed

Who’s Griffith? Where does he wrestle?

Griffith was a high profile recruit out of NJ where he was a 3x state champ and 1x runner-up for Bergen Catholic. He was 25-2 as a redshirt last year where he finished 3rd at Southern Scuffle losing to Cenzo 6-4. He is 28-0 this year with wins over Shields (2x) and Wittlake, but has not hit any of the top B10 guys (he did pin Ethan Smith (tOSU)). Kid is legit, but should not be seeded ahead of Marinelli.

So now that Alex won his 2nd consecutive Big Ten title and locked up the 1 seed, what 2 time All American will the seeding committee put in the pigtail match this year?

Of course I'm just kidding... but not really. Still bitter over last year's seeding at 165. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wick

giphy.gif

I watched Griffith the other night. Impressive but not in the same league as Marinelli and Joseph. That's my opinion.
Not many are. And at NCAA's Vincenzo has proven to be in a league of his own going 1,1,2.

The Bull has proven he is every bit as good as Joseph, but been snakebit at NCAA's in a damn difficult weight class.

Reactions: McCulloughd
ADVERTISEMENT