ADVERTISEMENT

Marjorie Taylor Greene says Nancy Pelosi leads ‘gazpacho police,’ causing collective spit take

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has long been the center of controversy for comparing Democrats and their policies to Nazi Germany — but it’s her latest attempt, in which she appeared to confuse its secret state police force with a cold soup from Spain, that has stirred up Washington.

Greene appeared on One America News on Tuesday and accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) of using Capitol police as “political pawns” and “sending them into our offices” — referring to a complaint from her colleague Rep. Troy E. Nehls (R-Tex.). The Capitol Police has rejected Nehls’s claim that a security check of his open office was an illegal investigation, calling it protocol when an unattended office has a door left open.
Greene referenced “Pelosi’s gazpacho police spying on members of Congress, spying on the legislative work that we do, spying on our staff and spying on American citizens that want to come talk to their representatives.”

ADVERTISING

Pelosi has yet to comment publicly on the apparent mix-up of “gazpacho” and “Gestapo” — but she told reporters during Wednesday’s weekly news conference that “I have no power over the Capitol Police. Does anybody not know that?”
Greene’s word soup quickly went viral online, sparking memes and reactions shared by politicians and other prominent figures.

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) wrote that “Twitter is undefeated” while sharing a picture of Pelosi that was altered to appear as if she is holding a wooden spoon in front of a bowl of gazpacho.

The cold tomato-based soup, thought to have originated in the Andalusia area of Spain, is widely enjoyed around the world.

Spanish-born celebrity chef José Andrés jokingly took credit for creating the “gazpacho police” to “make sure that no one will add Tabasco or jalalpeño or strange things to my beloved soup! Please don’t blame anybody else but me … stop by for a glass anytime. Don’t forget your mask and vaccination card!” he tweeted.

Comedian Noel Casler tweeted: “Sure the Gazpacho Police are bad but the elite Vichyssoise inspired pureed terror.”

Greene herself acknowledged the roasting, tweeting: “No soup for those who illegally spy on Members of Congress, but they will be thrown in the goulash.”

Many others stressed that despite the humor in some of the responses — the underlying comparison was inappropriate.

Holly McCormack, a Democrat running against Greene for Congress, wrote: “First, Nazi comparisons are unbecoming of a Congresswoman. Second, I am not surprised Marge does not know the difference between gazpacho and Gestapo.”
“To be clear even though Marjorie Taylor Greene said gazpacho, what she was trying to say was absolutely atrocious and warrants her immediate expulsion,” tweeted Scott Dworkin, chief of the Democratic Coalition, a super PAC.
Weeks after Holocaust Museum visit, Rep. Greene makes new Nazi-era comparison in opposing vaccination push
Congressional leaders in both parties condemned Greene in the spring for comparing coronavirus restrictions in the U.S. Capitol to what Jewish people suffered during the Holocaust. In the summer, weeks after she visited the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and apologized for comparing mask requirements to the Nazis forcing Jews to wear Star of David badges — and calling gas chambers “exactly the type of abuse Nancy Pelosi is talking about” — Greene made headlines again for using another Nazi analogy in opposing the Biden administration’s coronavirus vaccination push.

Greene has continued to attack pandemic policies, refused to wear a mask on the House floor and shared false information about the virus. She has incurred thousands of dollars in fines for violating the House policy on face coverings.
The congresswoman has also been repeatedly criticized for spreading misinformation about the pandemic to her thousands of social media followers. Last month, Facebook suspended Greene for 24 hours, a day after Twitter suspended her personal account for repeatedly violating the company’s policy. At the time, she argued that the penalties were problematic because she is an elected official and represents more than 700,000 “US tax paying citizens.”
U.S. Capitol Police rejects GOP congressman’s claim that check of his open office is illegal investigation
The latest Greene incident was sparked after Nehls claimed in a Twitter thread on Tuesday that “Capitol Police entered my office without my knowledge and photographed confidential legislative products” in Novemberand that they took photographs of a whiteboard. He later told Fox News that he was being “targeted” and accused Pelosi of “weaponizing” the Capitol Police to silence him.

Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger responded in a statement on Tuesday that an officer had conducted a security check of an office after a door was left “wide open.”
“The United States Capitol Police is sworn to protect Members of Congress. If a Member’s office is left open and unsecured, without anyone inside the office, USCP officers are directed to document that and secure the office to ensure nobody can wander in and steal or do anything else nefarious,” Manger said.
The Monday after the agent stepped into Nehls’s office, Manger added, Capitol Police personnel followed up with the lawmaker’s staff about the issue and determined that no further action or investigation was needed.

c12aea4e4c4a62478a785d33c7bec841

I would ****ing crush a Pepsi right now.

I think you guys are on to something. Let's start ripping these ****s for mispronounced words, I see that going incredibly well for the dems.

biden-sniff.gif

I think you guys are on to something. Let's start ripping these ****s for mispronounced words, I see that going incredibly well for the dems.

biden-sniff.gif

Absolutely, I've got about a ten year backlog of Trumpisms I'm working through...I'll let you know when I'm ready to move to Biden.

Now, back to my map looking for Nambia...

biden-sniff.gif
Hey, I’m okay with mocking anyone when they make a gaffe like this. Doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but most of them take themselves far to seriously and need to be taken down a peg.

we all misspeak at times and I at least get teased by friends or family when I do. Have to be able to laugh at ourselves.

Hey, I’m okay with mocking anyone when they make a gaffe like this. Doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but most of them take themselves far to seriously and need to be taken down a peg.

we all misspeak at times and I at least get teased by friends or family when I do. Have to be able to laugh at ourselves.
Very true.

The good folks of Georgia must have one great sense of humor then! I thought the old Iowa 4th Congressman was an Iowa embarrassment………this gal not only embarrasses Georgia routinely, she gives women a bad name!

A Raid by Nancy Pelosi’s Gazpacho Police​

A dish best served cold
By David A. Graham
A photo of Nancy Pelosi holding her hand in a fist.

Samuel Corum / Getty
FEBRUARY 9, 2022

The knock at the door caught me with the spoon still in my mouth, and I felt a chill run down my spine—though I couldn’t quite tell whether that was my nerves or the tart slurp I’d just taken.

“Who is it?” I called, swallowing hard. Just the right texture, I thought: a little chunky, a little creamy. If we could make it to market, we’d make a killing, one bowl at a time. But suddenly that was a big “if.”

“OPEN UP! GAZPACHO POLICE!”

Trying not to panic, I glanced around the place and knew we’d have to act fast. When you’re in this line of work, you always know there’s danger, but it’s easy to think that happens to other guys, the ones who are less careful. And besides, for hardened products of the calle like me, the thrill of illicit Spanish cuisine is too strong to resist.

“The cucumbers!” I hissed at Mac.

He was in the kitchen, absentmindedly dicing an onion for the next batch. It was after 10 a.m., so I knew he’d already had a few glasses of cheap Duero vino tinto. That must be how he missed the banging on the door.

“The cukes, you idiot! Make ’em disappear! The cops are here!”

His eyes grew wide, though maybe it was just the wine. He started shoving the vegetables down the disposal. I knew the officers might hear the grinding, but we had no choice. I stalled for time, telling the voice at the door I was on my way. Maybe we’d get away with it yet.

I gingerly cracked the door. “What’s the problem, ma’am? You got a warran—” But before the words were out, Sergeant Pelosi, the toughest cop on the beat, had barged past me.

“Got any cold soups in here, kid?”

“Of course not, officer,” I said. “Only broths and stews.” The lie came out cool and smooth, just like the recipe called for.

“You sure about that? Let’s take a look.”

“Th-there’s some chicken stock in the fridge, ma’am, but it’s for reheating.”

She scowled and stalked into the kitchen. In an instant, I knew I was toast, just like the croutons we’d been prepping to top the soup. Right there on the counter sat the Cuisinart, little bits of pureed tomato dripping down the sides. The spatula was still wet, its edge stained red. I knew our punishment would be swift and harsh: It was hard time in the goulash for me.

Perhaps the most amusing aspect to this story, is that a LARGE chunk of MTG's supporters probably have no idea what gazpacho even is, and haven't ever (nor will ever) have a chance to eat it in an upscale/modest restaurant.

Juxtaposed with the reality that MTG probably recently had a nice bowl of gazpacho at some upscale eating establishment with all the money she's grifted from them....

Perhaps the most amusing aspect to this story, is that a LARGE chunk of MTG's supporters probably have no idea what gazpacho even is, and haven't ever (nor will ever) have a chance to eat it in an upscale/modest restaurant.

Juxtaposed with the reality that MTG probably recently had a nice bowl of gazpacho at some upscale eating establishment with all the money she's grifted from them....
We can't all be air conditioning repair men.........

The sad part of this is that her constituency burns with hatred at people who like a nice gazpacho. They burn in hatred at snobs on HROT and the LIB MEDIA who make fun of a patriot like MTG. That is the secret of the success of MTG, and of Trump. They were savvy enough, and aggrieved enough to spot schisms in society and turn a flame thrower on them.

The sad part of this is that her constituency burns with hatred at people who like a nice gazpacho. They burn in hatred at snobs on HROT and the LIB MEDIA who make fun of a patriot like MTG. That is the secret of the success of MTG, and of Trump. They were savvy enough, and aggrieved enough to spot schisms in society and turn a flame thrower on them.
While remaining staunchly encased in that privileged bubble themselves.

What percentage of his actual voters would Trump even let through the front gate of Mar-a-Lago? 2%? Maybe?

What percentage of his actual voters would Trump even let through the front gate of Mar-a-Lago? 2%? Maybe?
I'm hoping a trucker convoy shows up at Mar A Lago. It will be amusing to see Fox cover that as the Secret Service bludgeons those patriotic heroes who refuse to be drones and take the jab.

Reactions: cigaretteman

Wouldn't 2% be approximately 140,000? I think there needs to be a decimal point and some zeroes in front of the 2, like maybe .00000002%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT