ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall wins fifth MN state championship

watched Beau Breske go down in OT in the state finals to a senior currently signed with Wisconsin. still think he is tough but has some weaknesses. would highly prefer Mark Hall.

Originally posted by Herbert197:
Brady Berge wearing Iowa Wrestling shirt at MN tournament with black and gold shoes...
Times are tough. Maybe just stuck with the old gear for now?
wink.r191677.gif

His Bro didn't work out, may or may not wrestle significant minutes for the Gophs, but his Coach is still Iowa Wrestler Jamie Heidt, so I'm sure he's still getting an earful about Iowa. And lets not forget our pal Slammin' Sammy Stoll (Triple S), former teammate as well. We'll see if he keeps growing and keeps improving, and if we have an opening when the time comes, maybe he's a Hawk, maybe he isn't.

Originally posted by sloehawk:
Brady Berge wearing Iowa Wrestling shirt at MN tournament with black and gold shoes...
wink.r191677.gif

His Bro didn't work out, may or may not wrestle significant minutes for the Gophs, but his Coach is still Iowa Wrestler Jamie Heidt, so I'm sure he's still getting an earful about Iowa. And lets not forget our pal Slammin' Sammy Stoll (Triple S), former teammate as well. We'll see if he keeps growing and keeps improving, and if we have an opening when the time comes, maybe he's a Hawk, maybe he isn't.
I liked Broc in high school but Brady is on a completely different level. He's an absolutely outstanding athlete and will be a top 5 P4P wrestler before his career is over. We'll take him if he wants to come whether there is a clear opening or not.

Originally posted by 1stplacehawk:

wink.r191677.gif

I liked Broc in high school but Brady is on a completely different level. He's an absolutely outstanding athlete and will be a top 5 P4P wrestler before his career is over. We'll take him if he wants to come whether there is a clear opening or not.
If he wants to come for free, I'm sure they'd have no problem with it. I don't know if the kid is "great" or not, or will be, but like everyone else with a pulse and a ranking, money will come into play, especially if there is already a lot of money tied up wherever he ends up weight-wise. It's never that simple from a wrestling scholarship allotment perspective.

wink.r191677.gif

I could look it up myself, but thought you might know off the top of your head. Does he do Fargo? Had some other "monster" wins this year? I saw he got beat by a Senior last year and took 3rd in Minnesota. Just wondering what his "national" credentials are, even though he's relatively young yet.

This post was edited on 3/3 11:44 PM by sloehawk

wink.r191677.gif

I could look it up myself, but thought you might know off the top of your head. Does he do Fargo? Had some other "monster" wins this year? I say he got beat by a Senior last year and took 3rd in Minnesota. Just wondering what his "national" credentials are, even though he's relatively young yet.
He won states last year, but got beat in the finals two years ago. He placed 3rd at 145 cadet after getting caught in a headlock in the semis, but easily won every other match by tf. Smoked Wyatt Sheets and Zac Hall at junior national duals. He's really just starting to scratch the surface

wink.r191677.gif

I could look it up myself, but thought you might know off the top of your head. Does he do Fargo? Had some other "monster" wins this year? I say he got beat by a Senior last year and took 3rd in Minnesota. Just wondering what his "national" credentials are, even though he's relatively young yet.
He won states last year, but got beat in the finals two years ago. He placed 3rd at 145 cadet after getting caught in a headlock in the semis, but easily won every other match by tf. Smoked Wyatt Sheets and Zac Hall at junior national duals. He's really just starting to scratch the surface
Thanks. Guess we'll see how it all shakes out. Hard to say where a kid his size ends up in 4 years, he might end up in big brothers neighborhood weight-wise.

Mark is up for ASPIRE Athlete of the Week. He's down by about 10 votes. The link below is where to vote! Voting ends by 10 am tomorrow. Hall is definitely deserving of winning after his performance at state, let's help him win!

Aspire Athlete of the Week

Originally posted by Thing1Stevens:
Mark is up for ASPIRE Athlete of the Week. He's down by about 10 votes. The link below is where to vote! Voting ends by 10 am tomorrow. Hall is definitely deserving of winning after his performance at state, let's help him win!
Right now he's down 298 votes to some Hockey player...........geeeeeshhhh !
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Thing1Stevens:
He's down by just 10 now and likely to pass, the thought of a hockey player winning over Hall would be Gut wrenching!
I see what you did there.....

Brady lost as an 8th grader to a Sr. (Kyle Gliva, Simley who was a 3x champ). Brady had beat Gliva at Xmas tourney, and was beat last minute in both the State Duals on Thursday night and in the Qtr final matchup, Friday evening.

That said, Brady has won his last 2 championships with relative ease. His weight classes have reminded me of Mark Halls as of the past few years. All solid competitors scatter to surrounding weights, to maximize their opportunities to win a title if their own. I've had the pleasure of watching Brady wrestle dozens of times over the last 4 years and can honestly say I have personally never seen someone with his skillset. He is very very rare. Like Hall, state titles are not his focus, it is Nat'l and World titles. The state titles are a by-product of his greater goals.

For those that haven't had the opportunity to watch this young man, I highly reccomend you do down the road.

I don't think Brady is really challenged outside of Hall, griffin parriott, and Keegan Moore (only if Brady were to really hit a big spurt), from the state of MN in the next 2 yrs, and he will be MN's 6th 5x champ.

God I hope he's a Hawk!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT