ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall's first and last match

Will Kem beat Hall in the finals this year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
He came out of RS against Alex. Any previous match that year would then become the first match. Good point anyway.
giphy.gif

I say yes! Meyer in Carver and Kem in the finals!

I think Kem wrestles the exact wrong style to beat Hall. Kem mixes it up and likes to scramble.

Unfortunately I agree.....
Maybe Kemerer is better at it? I think most would agree that Hall is quicker and Kemerer has more length. Either thing can be an asset in scrambles.

Might depend on the Referee too (this one is too obvious to elaborate further).

Maybe Kemerer is better at it? I think most would agree that Hall is quicker and Kemerer has more length. Either thing can be an asset in scrambles.

Might depend on the Referee too (this one is too obvious to elaborate further).
Possibly. I think Kemerer will probably have the best offense Hall has faced in college outside of Zahid. What worries me though is the volume of shots kem usually takes will create a lot of scoring opportunities for an elite counter wrestler like Hall obviously. Hopefully Kemerer doesn’t get too sloppy on any shots and can finish clean on a few but nothing comes easy on Hall.

Reactions: slushhead
See what happens in the dual against PSU, hopefully it happens, and then let Terry come up with a game plan for NCAA's. Anything can happen and I believe TNT can game plan a match with the best of them.

I would guess Hall has faced some pretty good offense in the Penn state room. I do think Kemerer's length could give him trouble? on the other hand he has beaten many with a length advantage.

Possibly. I think Kemerer will probably have the best offense Hall has faced in college outside of Zahid. What worries me though is the volume of shots kem usually takes will create a lot of scoring opportunities for an elite counter wrestler like Hall obviously. Hopefully Kemerer doesn’t get too sloppy on any shots and can finish clean on a few but nothing comes easy on Hall.
You're right Sir. I agree completely, but Kem is no slouch.

Iowa has tape on Hall, we'll see what the gameplan is soon. Maybe Kemerer will wrestle with one arm behind his back or something genius like that? Maybe he just stands there and let's Hall come and get him and counters him? (wouldn't that be something!)

Hall is the best stalling mega-recruit of all time, and has gotten away with the stalling version of murder in big matches at the NCAA's on multiple occasions (I suppose because Cael doesn't allow it) , so the Ref. might be a factor, but I'm told by the PSU faithful he's moved on from that so we'll see ...........

Or maybe Kem puts a good ride on him and turns him? Its not likely but it is possible.

For the record, I'm picking Hall until Kem proves it, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he did.

Reactions: HawkeyeEmpire

Iowa has tape on Hall, we'll see what the gameplan is soon. Maybe Kemerer will wrestle with one arm behind his back or something genius like that? Maybe he just stands there and let's Hall come and get him and counters him? (wouldn't that be something!)

Hall is the best stalling mega-recruit of all time, and has gotten away with the stalling version of murder in big matches at the NCAA's on multiple occasions (I suppose because Cael doesn't allow it) , so the Ref. might be a factor, but I'm told by the PSU faithful he's moved on from that so we'll see ...........

Or maybe Kem puts a good ride on him and turns him? Its not likely but it is possible.

For the record, I'm picking Hall until Kem proves it, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he did.
Last years ncaa hall stalled so so hard. I have been watching him some this year against lesser competition and he’s been a little more offensive. Kem will have to wrestle smart - hope he sees him twice before ncaa.

I liked your post until you picked Hall. I will take Kem all day. The rest is true about Hall getting away with stalling murder at NCAA's.

You guy's most have been really good D1 wrestlers. Hall has 105 wins and 67 by major or more vs D1 opponents. Have to believe that doesn't make him the "biggest recruit/greatest staler ever. I get it go away troll ! Not a troll just wow! It's ok to give a guy credit for being good. Winning some close matches at the NCAA is ok. Bet Gable wishes he would have won a close match his senior year.

Unfortunately I think it's a tough stylistic matchup for Kemdawg Millionaire. Hope to be proven wrong.

They will adjust and gameplan. Its not really the volume of shots is that he tends to get overextended and wastes energy underneath. Right now, it worries me but his gas tank should be good by tournament time.

You guy's most have been really good D1 wrestlers. Hall has 105 wins and 67 by major or more vs D1 opponents. Have to believe that doesn't make him the "biggest recruit/greatest staler ever. I get it go away troll ! Not a troll just wow! It's ok to give a guy credit for being good. Winning some close matches at the NCAA is ok. Bet Gable wishes he would have won a close match his senior year.

So now we need to be Div 1 wrestlers, oops, really good wrestlers to have an opinion. As a non wrestler I think Zahid is really good. Hopefully you never complain about your food in a restaurant, well unless you are a really good chef.

They will adjust and gameplan. Its not really the volume of shots is that he tends to get overextended and wastes energy underneath. Right now, it worries me but his gas tank should be good by tournament time.

Nailed it on the overextension. He won't get away with that vs. Hall . . . but I imagine he and the staff share that thought and will have him wrestle less recklessly. I won't be surprised to see 2-1, 3-2 type outcomes between these two.

Nailed it on the overextension. He won't get away with that vs. Hall . . . but I imagine he and the staff share that thought and will have him wrestle less recklessly. I won't be surprised to see 2-1, 3-2 type outcomes between these two.

Same...although unfortunately, that's in Hall's wheelhouse to win.

He got overextended at Purdue
couple times.............Where else?

Reactions: wasdt21
I agree with you and I actually believe Kemerer will probably not take as many shots as he normally would but that’s just not MK’s style so I’m not sure how this match plays out for us. I do think maybe his chances get better each time they see one another. Hopefully he can get the one that matters!

In all likelihood Kemmerer will get multiple chances vs Hall. A healthy, peaking Kemdog has the fight and the heart to steal a close one. If his shape is on point, he can have Marky heading for the hills in the 3rd, but make no mistake Hall is supremely talented and will be a tough out.

Reactions: HawkeyeEmpire
I would guess that Kemerer vs Hall is pretty similar to how he wrestled Lydy. Keep forward pressure and work towards shots but don’t commit unless you can finish fast. Need to respect Hall’s offensive capabilities more than Lydy‘s as well. Don’t want to get down and have to force offense late in the match.

Reactions: hawkeyecrazy
He got overextended at Purdue
couple times.............Where else?

I'm not going to go back and hunt down specific matches. My overall impression is that shooting from space is not uncommon for him. Which is fine against most of the field because he is talented and strong enough to suck the legs in. But other top-tier guys like Hall are going to crush that reach with hips, leading to overextension.

One of Kemerer's strengths is his reach. One of Hall's is his inside game. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I'm going with the guy I believe is more technically sound.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT