ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Perry

WildTurk

HR Heisman
Jul 25, 2011
I had the honor of meeting him Friday afternoon. I've been traveling back and forth to Iowa City everyday to see a sick relative at the UofI Hospital. Anyways, we stopped to get some pizza on the way out of town and as he was leaving the restaurant, I recognized him, introduced myself and asked if I could get a quick photo with my son. He was all for for it! Awesome experience! Great pictures..

We had a quick conversation on Iowa wrestling of course. I won't share all the details but I will say this. There are really good things ahead for Iowa wrestling! There are a lot of important people involved that want to see Iowa back on top & are working hard to help make that happen. He was excited about new facilities coming. He mentioned the expansion into women's wrestling, which can only help grow the sport.. He was very positive and had that forword "big picture" mindset when he talked. I certainly came away from the conversation even more excited for the future!

I know I'm just an anonymous poster on the internet so take it however you will I just felt like sharing my pleasant experience with a Hawkeye legend.

I had the honor of meeting him Friday afternoon. I've been traveling back and forth to Iowa City everyday to see a sick relative at the UofI Hospital. Anyways, we stopped to get some pizza on the way out of town and as he was leaving the restaurant, I recognized him, introduced myself and asked if I could get a quick photo with my son. He was all for for it! Awesome experience! Great pictures..

We had a quick conversation on Iowa wrestling of course. I won't share all the details but I will say this. There are really good things ahead for Iowa wrestling! There are a lot of important people involved that want to see Iowa back on top & are working hard to help make that happen. He was excited about new facilities coming. He mentioned the expansion into women's wrestling, which can only help grow the sport.. He was very positive and had that forword "big picture" mindset when he talked. I certainly came away from the conversation even more excited for the future!

I know I'm just an anonymous poster on the internet so take it however you will I just felt like sharing my pleasant experience with a Hawkeye legend.

images

Reactions: WildTurk
Perry one of the rider's that i actually enjoyed watching. Was always $ at ncaa's. Beat Letters as a fresh. Avenged losses too Hendricks and Tannenbaum with him battling an injury vs Baum. I also recall him getting randomly upset vs OkState and Old Dominion but righting the ship.

Reactions: Gutzy
Perry one of the rider's that i actually enjoyed watching. Was always $ at ncaa's. Beat Letters as a fresh. Avenged losses too Hendricks and Tannenbaum with him battling an injury vs Baum. I also recall him getting randomly upset vs OkState and Old Dominion but righting the ship.

Agree 100%, Perry is one of my favorite Hawks of the last two decades. Very technical, fun to watch, and performed when the stakes were highest. And I really admire that he blazed his own trail and became a Hawk rather than wrestling for his uncle at OKSt.

That random upset was due to lack of weight control and cost us sole position of, and a monumental record number in, consecutive dual meet victories

Reactions: 24 so far

Thanks so much for writing this. I hope that your relative enjoys better health soon.

Great post, Perry was one of my top 5, okay top 10 Hawkeyes. Hope all is well with your relative and go you for the visit. You're my favorite poster, because every-time I see your post I'm having a Wild Turkey.

Reactions: WildTurk
Great post, Perry was one of my top 5, okay top 10 Hawkeyes. Hope all is well with your relative and go you for the visit. You're my favorite poster, because every-time I see your post I'm having a Wild Turkey.

If I remember write he doesn’t even drink it or drink anymore can’t remember which or both

ADVERTISEMENT