ADVERTISEMENT

Married Women who don't wear wedding rings

Guys should encourage this. It either means you don't have to wear one either, don't have to buy one in the first place or you could pawn hers and tell her she lost it. Nothing but good comes from this trend.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
My parents have been happily married for almost 39 years. Neither has worn a wedding ring since they were newlyweds (and in fact I've had dad's ring for some years). Mom has carpal tunnel syndrome and her hands swell easily, so she doesn't wear her ring. Dad was a farmer and had other jobs where a ring is a good way to lose a finger (Grandpa almost lost his finger in a farming accident thanks to his ring). They are most definitely not scum.

My bride and I are both "scum" then about 3/4s of the time. However, I can remember where I store mine when not wearing it (most of the time).
A couple of years ago I stored it in my swimming pool tarp. I lost it when I put the tarp away and I found it 5 months later when I unrolled it.
Thankfully, I fessed up to my bride that I misplaced it a couple of months after I couldn't find it....so it was a pleasantly surprise when I found it.

I think my wife wears her ring almost every day. I haven't wore mine more than one or two times in the last few years. My dad never wore his, but he worked in a factory. I just don' want to wear it.

News Flash: Wedding Rings are not guarantees of a
good marriage.

The people who want husbands and wives to wear
wedding rings are the jewelry stores. Unfortunately,
their rings are often overpriced. What really holds
a couple together? A strong commitment to remain
loyal to each other regardless of troubled times or complex
circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT