ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland

Thinking about going. Are most people flying into Baltimore and then train to the college? Also where’s the best place/area to stay?

very interesting game tonight.
I got Maryland at #17 in the country and Illinois #93

but Illinois is tied for 1st in the West Division and a win will put them in sole possession of 1st place.

I have to root for Illinois because I almost always root for West teams over East teams.

if Lovie was still coaching Illinois, I'd be fully confident in Illinois winning..
but with Bert coaching... its going to be difficult for Illinois to win.

Maryland has been playing good football lately... they beat West Virginia to open their season and last year they beat Penn State and Minnesota.
but... typically Maryland will start a season hot... then cool down as the season progresses.. sort of opposite of the Hawkeyes.

8 P.M. FS1
(I'm glad this game is not on ESPN)

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Maryland is a wildcard. They've had some strong recruiting classes and have a decent amount of talent. But that's been true for awhile and they never had a winning Big Ten record, despite some relatively frequent early season success. For example, in 2019 they beat Howard 79-0 and then beat a then-ranked Syracuse team 63-20. They then proceeded to go 1-8 in the Big Ten.
Injuries also derailed their season and have for a while.

They are basically Purdue in the East.

very interesting game tonight.
I got Maryland at #17 in the country and Illinois #93

but Illinois is tied for 1st in the West Division and a win will put them in sole possession of 1st place.

I have to root for Illinois because I almost always root for West teams over East teams.

if Lovie was still coaching Illinois, I'd be fully confident in Illinois winning..
but with Bert coaching... its going to be difficult for Illinois to win.

Maryland has been playing good football lately... they beat West Virginia to open their season and last year they beat Penn State and Minnesota.
but... typically Maryland will start a season hot... then cool down as the season progresses.. sort of opposite of the Hawkeyes.

8 P.M. FS1
(I'm glad this game is not on ESPN)
I am thinking the Illini bubble was burst after that Nebbie W, so I am probably something like 31-17 in front of (another) empty stadium... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: F5n5
Howard has been weak for a very long time. Too bad because it is a very respected school academically, especially on the East Coast. Just terrible in most sports.
Stunningly they signed a five star hoops recruit last year. I thought that maybe that would have kickstarted a wave where more top athletes would choose smaller schools and HBCUs.

Nope. Money over principle l.

ADVERTISEMENT