ADVERTISEMENT

Mas No Bueno (Katz)

AmericaNeedsMe

Team MVP
Apr 16, 2024
Top 10? Better than Michigan State? Better than Gonzaga? Ridiculous. The clowns don't belong in any top 10 list. Tennessee fans blow them away. Auburn, Syracuse, Wisconsin....

Last edited:
I’m jealous of their home crowds.
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

I was lucky enough to go to Iowa BB games from about 1977 - 1982, first in the old fieldhouse and later in Carver. The fieldhouse was so loud that your ears hurt after the games. Carver wasn't as loud, but was still a great game environment. I am not sure what happened to the fan base. I guess that I shouldn't have left Iowa City ;)

I was lucky enough to go to Iowa BB games from about 1977 - 1982, first in the old fieldhouse and later in Carver. The fieldhouse was so loud that your ears hurt after the games. Carver wasn't as loud, but was still a great game environment. I am not sure what happened to the fan base. I guess that I shouldn't have left Iowa City ;)
Ears felt like I'd attended a rock concert after field house games.

To be fair, it's been a long damn time there has been something really worth cheering about regarding the men's team at Carver. Shitty product, shitty environment. I just thought I would write shitty again so there you are.

Bob Bowlsby happened.

To be fair, it's been a long damn time there has been something really worth cheering about regarding the men's team at Carver. Shitty product, shitty environment. I just thought I would write shitty again so there you are.
It's not a shitty product. The product wins games, uptempo, good kids playing, lots to like. The problem is it does not translate to postseason and that has been really frustrating. The fact that the McC kids are not playing in the program can only help, need to upgrade some recruiting philosophies too, IMHO.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT