ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs

No not against the law in those scenarios
Okay, now how would you feel if Democrats in an attempt to protect children and society decided that selling toy guns was grooming future violence. What if the blue states started making laws against parents buying toy or BB guns for children? What if they also made laws that minors could not legally use a weapon to hunt or target practice even in the company of their parents? Would you feel like that was an assault on parental rights and the second amendment?

I mean some people's common sense would say early exposure to guns could lead to violence as an adult sort of like exposure to LGBTQ people in other's common sense could lead to a child becoming a future LGBTQ person.

Okay, now how would you feel if Democrats in an attempt to protect children and society decided that selling toy guns was grooming future violence. What if the blue states started making laws against parents buying toy or BB guns for children? What if they also made laws that minors could not legally use a weapon to hunt or target practice even in the company of their parents? Would you feel like that was an assault on parental rights and the second amendment?

I mean some people's common sense would say early exposure to guns could lead to violence as an adult sort of like exposure to LGBTQ people in other's common sense could lead to a child becoming a future LGBTQ person.
You're killing it. Bravo.

@RNHawk , I hope you and yours are enjoying Thanksgiving. I would appreciate reading your response to my post when you find time.

One thing I think we have in common is both of us will be cheering for the Hawks to beat Nebraska tomorrow!

Reactions: RileyHawk
@RNHawk , I hope you and yours are enjoying Thanksgiving. I would appreciate reading your response to my post when you find time.

One thing I think we have in common is both of us will be cheering for the Hawks to beat Nebraska tomorrow!
Well I don’t buy that argument that toy guns and BB guns contribute to mass killings. I grew up in the late 70s and 80s and all we played was war, cowboys and Indians etc and I had a BB gun by the time I was in 5th grade. How many mass shootings did we have?

Btw go hawks

Well I don’t buy that argument that toy guns and BB guns contribute to mass killings. I grew up in the late 70s and 80s and all we played was war, cowboys and Indians etc and I had a BB gun by the time I was in 5th grade. How many mass shootings did we have?

Btw go hawks

I think you may have missed (intentionally or otherwise) the intent of the full question.

Interestingly, currently, there are 2 clusters of shooters by age, 18-21 and then men in their 40s. The current events are skewing towards that younger cluster however, men in their 40s now, would have been raised in that 70s to 80s timeframe you are referring to.

Average age of mass shooters overall is 33.2 years. The numbers show it is occurring more. But also, reporting of mass shootings wasn't so stringent in the 70s and 80s, so the numbers likely were under reported.

Last edited:
I think you may have missed (intentionally or otherwise) the intent of the full question.

Interestingly, currently, there are 2 clusters of shooters by age, 18-21 and then men in their 40s. The current events are skewing towards that younger cluster however, men in their 40s now, would have been raised in that 70s to 80s timeframe you are referring to.

Average age of mass shooters overall is 33.2 years. The numbers show it is occurring more. But also, reporting of mass shootings wasn't so stringent in the 70s and 80s, so the numbers likely were under reported.
I guess I should have clarified school shootings. My bad

So his grandfather is an elected POS Republican. His father is a POS Republican who hates gay people. His mom is a POS Republican who goes off on racist rants. And the son is an infamous POS Republican who kills people.

This kid was brought up on the third base of Nazi activity.
Groomed?

Reactions: BelemNole

Btw go hawks
I'm pretty sure you understood that I was not advocating for toy guns to be banned or that hunting leads to mass shootings just as I don't believe exposure to LGBTQ people or books will increase the likelihood of a child becoming gay, trans. etc. My point is common sense is not a group of universally agreed upon ideas.

If we were arguing the harm caused by guns vs LGBTQ people to society only one is a clear danger to our lives and it's not the LGBTQ community.

Who gets to make that line? I would assume you are okay with some parents not allowing their children to read certain books while others are fine with those books. Do you think it should be against the law for parents to take their minor children to an R rated movie? What if some parents want to take their children to a drag show story hour, is that different from an R rated movie?
White Christians are the drawers of the lines. We are a white Christian supremacist country, duh, white Christians like RN know better than the rest of us, they are, as you know, supreme and higher order, you know.

Duh.

I just heard the part that patrons beat him pretty badly. Bravo, great job. Probably saved other lives as well…and if these nuts knew there was a chance of not dying in a hail of gun fire but getting physically beaten they might think twice about their heinous acts.

White Christians are the drawers of the lines. We are a white Christian supremacist country, duh, white Christians like RN know better than the rest of us, they are, as you know, supreme and higher order, you know.

Duh.
Yea you better watch out we are coming for ya

Yea you better watch out we are coming for ya
I realize my language around this is hard for you but it’s not untrue. It’s what’s behind sooooooooo much of the ongoing “fight” for the “cultural” foundation of this country.

Hell, language/rhetoric like “take our country back” is emblematic of this. It’s implicit that the country belongs to one group’s ideas over the rest. Stop and really reflect on this message, and with whom it most fervently resonates.

You probably won’t reflect on this, because to do so would be in direct conflict with your personal and group-shared ideology.

But maybe try.

I realize my language around this is hard for you but it’s not untrue. It’s what’s behind sooooooooo much of the ongoing “fight” for the “cultural” foundation of this country.

Hell, language/rhetoric like “take our country back” is emblematic of this. It’s implicit that the country belongs to one group’s ideas over the rest. Stop and really reflect on this message, and with whom it most fervently resonates.

You probably won’t reflect on this, because to do so would be in direct conflict with your personal and group-shared ideology.

But maybe try.
But these are fringe groups, 70 million people voted for Trump, there is not some back door communication going on between all of us about overthrowing the country. Trust me if there was we would have made a move. Instead of lumping everyone together maybe get out there and have a dialogue with these people. Trust me they are not the boogeyman you make them out to be.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
But these are fringe groups, 70 million people voted for Trump, there is not some back door communication going on between all of us about overthrowing the country. Trust me if there was we would have made a move. Instead of lumping everyone together maybe get out there and have a dialogue with these people. Trust me they are not the boogeyman you make them out to be.

Maybe you weren't on the correct 4chan site, or in the correct meetings, but based on the finding from 1/6 Committee, and based on the legal processing of the 1/6 felons, there were plenty of back room discussions and planning going on to try and overthrow the will of the majority.

Also, when you realize that 70M voted for Trump is still the minority by a large % (70M of 320M), perhaps you should recalibrate the idea that you are in fact in the minority.

While yes, the uber-active are in the fringe (1% of 320M is a lot though), but the other 6xM are passively willing to accept and ignore because they don't seem to have the spine, OR, they realize the message is wrong, but are too cowardly to stand up. We are finally seeing some R politicians stand up to Trump. After 6 years.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Wrong. So wrong. Mainstream conservatism is deeply rooted in the stuff I’m referencing. Deeply.

What does “take our country back” mean to you RN? Do you feel that “it” is needed?

What does “take our country back” mean to you RN? Do you feel that “it” is needed?
for me personally I think it means getting rid of all the "woke" issues. Again just my opinion. As far as it being needed, I guess it means different things to different people, I personally don't have a problem with it, but I imagine there are a lot of people including many on this site who have a problem with it, but they literally have a problem with anything regarding conservative or republican.

'I want you to argue with them and get in their face'​

^^^^^^
Is more of a problem than take our country back IMO.

for me personally I think it means getting rid of all the "woke" issues. Again just my opinion. As far as it being needed, I guess it means different things to different people, I personally don't have a problem with it, but I imagine there are a lot of people including many on this site who have a problem with it, but they literally have a problem with anything regarding conservative or republican.

^^^^^^
What woke issues? CRT? A handful of trans athletes a year playing sports? You want to take our country back from a few high school athletes nationwide?

Reactions: gohawks50

^^^^^^
Woke issues? What kind of made up issue is that? You are riding some weird train.
Again, what does “take our country back“ mean?
Where did “your” country go and who took it somewhere?

That queer kid shot up a bunch of queers because they’re a queer who can’t handle being a queer and didn’t want the other queers to be happy being queer while the queer shooter was closeted queer.

Call them a queer as often as possible and their dad’s head will explode.

Oh yes they are. Also, again, you vote for them. Guys wearing Camp Auschwitz shirts. You’re with them. At best you ignore their hatred.

I ordered shirts weeks ago. Expect to get them around this time next year.
Anyone else who ordered merch get the email updates? Sounds like we might get our stuff before summer.
I replied to the first email to take their time and I didn't care if they ever managed to send the stuff out.

ADVERTISEMENT