ADVERTISEMENT

Masters Recommendations

I won the ticket lottery for the 2023 Masters. For those that have been, do you have any recommendations on where to stay? Courses to play in the area? Any other recommendations for the day attending the tournament?
No advice whatsoever.

Only replying to say "Congrats"!

All 4 days? One day? Practice round?

Reactions: Brown Dog
I won the ticket lottery for the 2023 Masters. For those that have been, do you have any recommendations on where to stay? Courses to play in the area? Any other recommendations for the day attending the tournament?
Stay in Columbia, SC, or Conyers, GA.

I play at Jones Creek, or River Golf Club (North Augusta, SC).

John Daly usually sets up at the Hooters on Washington Road about a half mile from Augusta National.

Make sure you spend time at #16. It's fun to watch the pros skip the ball across the pond.

Last edited:
Just the Wednesday practice round and thanks!
I have a friend who attended for years and maintained Monday and Tuesday were the best days to attend as the players will talk, sign autographs and interact with the patrons.....Starting Wednesday, their mood gets much more serious....He never liked attending during tournament days because there are too many people.
Have fun!

Reactions: Hawkman98
We flew Into Atlanta and stayed in Athens. Much cheaper than Augusta and not a bad drive.
Most of the hotels in and around Augusta are dumps. They will also be filled early, and way overpriced. There are a few decent restaurants, but they will also be overflowing. Maybe try Finch and Fifth.

When on the course, pay attention to the rules for patrons. They don't mess around.

Respect the course. You'll be challenged to find the smallest bit of litter.

Keep room in your luggage for stuff you'll buy in the gift shop. They are very efficient, but it will be incredibly crowded.

I have a friend who attended for years and maintained Monday and Tuesday were the best days to attend as the players will talk, sign autographs and interact with the patrons.....Starting Wednesday, their mood gets much more serious....He never liked attending during tournament days because there are too many people.
Have fun!
The interaction, to be fair, will be mostly at the practice area, if any. On the course, even on practice days, the players keep moving and don’t interact nearly as much as practice rounds at other tournaments, with the exception of skipping balls at #16.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Congratulations.

I was shut out for all seven days. I guess I will make plans to be in Houston April 1-3 when the Iowa Men's basketball team play in the Final Four. Oh, how I wish.

Stay in Athens or BNB.

Get there really early. Set your chairs where you want. Put your card in the holder on the back. Nobody will mess with them.

I love the hill on 16 - food, bathrooms, view, skipping

Then to the merch shop and spend your ass off

Turn left out the merch shop to UPS stand right next door and ship all that stuff home so you don’t have to schlep it all day.

Go walk the course - see how hilly it is. I love 3 and 4.

Egg salad is where it’s at. Ignore @FAUlty Gator pimento recommendation. Accept his peach ice cream rec.

Try this place if you want to roll deep: I’ve run into tour pros and some big names there. Good place to go for drinks and Georgia and Tech co-ed hostesses. You can get the package without tickets and just use as a home base. You can also park there and it’s 300 feet from the course entrance.

Congrats! So jealous. Enjoy!

Stay in Athens or BNB.

Get there really early. Set your chairs where you want. Put your card in the holder on the back. Nobody will mess with them.

Turn left out the merch shop to UPS stand right next door and ship all that stuff home so you don’t have to schlep it all day.

Egg salad is where it’s at. Ignore @FAUlty Gator pimento recommendation. Accept his peach ice cream rec.

Try this place if you want to roll deep: I’ve run into tour pros and some big names there. Good love to go for drinks and Georgia and Tech co-ed hostesses. You can get the package without tickets and just use as a home base. You can also park there and it’s 300 feet from the course entrance.

Go to Rhinehardt’s ad get the fried shrimp and roast beef sandwich. Great bar. Then go to Hooters and see if you can catch John Daly getting hammered.

I’ve only been down for a practice round and we drove from Charlotte and came back same day. If you don’t get great recommendations here, DM me. I have a couple friends who go every year and would probably have great info.

find a nice house to rent.. the traffic around the course is CRAZY, the hooters right outside the course is pretty good and you'll probably see John Daily hanging out there. Try ALL the food...its dirt cheap but tastes amazing. Buy all the masters stuff you can while you're there because you can't get it anywhere else.

Reactions: Tom Paris
When I went I found a place on Criagslist. Many of the locals rent out their house or apt for the week and make sure pretty good money. I rented an apartment just down from Hooters which was in walking range to the course. Not much for hotels and if you do find one, it will be pricey.

I haven't receive an email saying I won, so I'm guessing my reject email should be here any day.

Stay in Athens or BNB.

Try this place if you want to roll deep: I’ve run into tour pros and some big names there. Good place to go for drinks and Georgia and Tech co-ed hostesses. You can get the package without tickets and just use as a home base. You can also park there and it’s 300 feet from the course entrance.

Eat a pimento and an egg salad.

Well, I'm guessing this means I am on the outside looking in. I haven't received an email yet. Congrats, OP.
A friend did receive his rejection but I've received neither rejection or success...

We had a great time. Both practice rounds. I think I’d actually prefer practice rounds - less crowded and you can see more on television if you really want to watch the tournament.
That's pretty consistent with what I've heard. I've heard Monday and Tuesday are the best because so many players are out on the course practicing and pretty laid back. Glad to hear you had a great time - it's a sports bucket list item for me for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT