ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Campbell blocks Iowa from getting QB Parks

Its a standard form, listing the three other major universities in the state...but by all means, pretend like its an "Iowa" thing.

And they thought long-ago, "we'll put UNI and Drake on there, so it doesn't look like it's just about U of I."

He's not restricted from going elsewhere in the Big 12?

And they thought long-ago, "we'll put UNI and Drake on there, so it doesn't look like it's just about U of I."

He's not restricted from going elsewhere in the Big 12?
He is if people took the time to read the article. He’s restricted from any Big 12 school, Iowa, UNI, Drake and any others currently on future schedules (i.e. South Dakota State and Akron).

That's really hilarious. The guy has an on-field meltdown against Texas, gets body-checked by the ISU head coach as he comes off the field, is kicked to the curb by coaches and fans, and is now getting run out of the state. Nice culture there in Ames. If I was in their QB mix I'd be scared to death of throwing a bunch of picks against a horrible team, who knows how fast the coaches and fans would turn and crucify me.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
He is if people took the time to read the article. He’s restricted from any Big 12 school, Iowa, UNI, Drake and any others currently on future schedules (i.e. South Dakota State and Akron).
Never understood this.
What's the problem, afraid he's going some where and going to beat you?
I'd relish the opportunity to play against a guy that wanted to leave the program.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Bush league. Let the kid go where he can get another shot. We obviously would not take him and Campbell knows this. I was a little surprised at the article a few weeks ago when Parks said he had not heard anything from the ISU coaches in months. These young men need guidance. You sink the time into recruiting a kid, then just leave them hanging when some adversity strikes.

It's pretty sad the way those coaches, that university, and those fans completely turned their back on the kid for having a bad game vs. Texas and suffering from medical issues. They completely abandoned the guy. Hard core.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Holy shit. He restricted Drake? No way. If so that is simply vindictive. That is not hoping he gets better. Then why not restrict Central and Simpson? Dear God.

I have some acquaintances who are ISU diehards...although they didn't go there which I thought was not possible. But anyways, they are always telling me how crappy Ferentz is, but then want to tell me how Campbell is exactly like him. I pointed out the fact that Ferentz would probably not let a guy play who was in jail two days before. And he wouldn't do the D-bag things like refusing to say Iowa or this type of stupidity with blocking a school like Drake. Funny thing is I know a Toledo fan who swears he didn't do these D-bag things while there. He thinks it's the ISU culture to be a D-bag. Couldn't argue with him on that.

Holy shit. He restricted Drake? No way. If so that is simply vindictive. That is not hoping he gets better. Then why not restrict Central and Simpson? Dear God.

Lots of vindictiveness from Campbell and ISU. Weird. Kid plays bad in one game and has medical issues and the entire coaching staff, administration, and fanbase turn their back on him and run him out of the state. Sad.

It's pretty sad the way those coaches, that university, and those fans completely turned their back on the kid for having a bad game vs. Texas and suffering from medical issues. They completely abandoned the guy. Hard core.

Ha ha. Untrue. Maybe a few fans, but a majority of us were (still are) concerned for him and wish him well (and still do).

As for the coaches and University? Not really sure how they could have handled it any better. As for “turning their back on the kid”..... complete BS.

Ha ha. Untrue. Maybe a few fans, but a majority of us were (still are) concerned for him and wish him well (and still do).

As for the coaches and University? Not really sure how they could have handled it any better. As for “turning their back on the kid”..... complete BS.

Not according to him. He said he had firsthand experience with fans turning on him. He said they were the first to turn on him. Pretty pathetic. If Campbell really gave a crap he would've reached out, but apparently he didn't even communicate with the guy after the Texas game. And now he won't even let the kid go to Drake if that's the best opportunity for him. Man I hope Kempt or whoever ISU's QB is next year doesn't have a bad game and suffer from medical issues, he'll be completely kicked to the curb. Very sad.

What do you expect from a bunch of "Klownz"? That lil hole to the West is the only place I take a piss at when driving through the area.

Reactions: RogerKint
Its a standard form, listing the three other major universities in the state...but by all means, pretend like its an "Iowa" thing.

Little bro being little bro yet again. I see isu ripped off Ohio State’s “team up north” with the “team out east”. What is next clown fans waving to the pigs and cows at the vet hospital after the 1st quarter of each game in lames?

They completely threw the guy to the curb after his bad game, so it makes sense they'd want to continue screwing him over by refusing Drake as an option. Nice culture there in Ames.

ADVERTISEMENT