ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Gaetz Wants the GOP-Led House to ‘Convert Every Single Committee to an Oversight Committee’ For Investigations

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Deplorable:

lorida GOP Congressman Matt Gaetz, fresh off his primary victory on Tuesday night, laid out his “vision” for how the Republicans will govern the House of Representatives should they reclaim the majority on the right-wing Real America’s Voice network on Wednesday.

“I have a vision that is specific for the Republican-controlled House and divided government,” Gaetz began.

“We have to convert every single committee to an oversight committee. And once we commit to that paradigm, then you can say, okay, you don’t have to create like a select committee,” he continued.

“You just assign the Hunter Biden matter to foreign affairs. You assign vaccine injuries to the health care committees. You assign breaking up big tech to the Commerce Committee. You assign getting the wokeism out of our military to the Armed Services Committee,” he explained further.

“And, you know, Jim Jordan and I started talking like this many months ago, and we’ve heard Kevin McCarthy really dovetail into that thinking quite nicely,” Gaetz continued in an apparent reference to McCarthy threatening to investigate Attorney General Merrick Garland after the FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago.

“So what was once kind of a radical, unprecedented perspective on how to utilize the majority now has become pretty mainstream,” Gaetz concluded in a clip that has gone viral and was first shared online by Ron Filipkowski.

The post Matt Gaetz Wants the GOP-Led House to ‘Convert Every Single Committee to an Oversight Committee’ For Investigations first appeared on Mediaite.

Ya well he is an idiot so what do you expect.

I do not have a problem with having "extreme" views on either side - just do not understand the idiots that just talk to talk and treat politics like it is Iowa vs Iowa State and everyone hates Iowa State for some reason.

(just for the record - I don't hate Iowa State, if the posters here were not so infatuated with Iowa State I probably would forget they existed)

Every committee already has this authority. Oversight staff on both sides are the lowest of whale shit on the hill. They think of nothing original, they piss on due process, and they do it to stroke the titanic egos of their members.

nothing more. Full stop.

Only investigation I want to see is on the Afghanistan withdrawal. Needs to be some accountability for that shit show.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah that needs to be looked at from all angles.
Hopefully. Lots a blame to go around.

Unfortunately the D’s don’t want to touch it and the R’s will use it to just go after Biden. There’s shit splatter on both administrations IMO. A independent commission would be best but isn’t going to happen unfortunately.

If you interested you should read the Atlantic article I linked…there’s a lot of blame to go around

Unfortunately the D’s don’t want to touch it and the R’s will use it to just go after Biden. There’s shit splatter on both administrations IMO. A independent commission would be best but isn’t going to happen unfortunately.

If you interested you should read the Atlantic article I linked…there’s a lot of blame to go around
I don't disagree that oversight isn't warranted, but it will be a s*** show of an investigation, and nothing of substance will come of it. And, owing to the insane immigration impasse we still have worthy Afghans who cannot get into the US. Something we truly owe quite a few Afghans.

I don't disagree that oversight isn't warranted, but it will be a s*** show of an investigation, and nothing of substance will come of it. And, owing to the insane immigration impasse we still have worthy Afghans who cannot get into the US. Something we truly owe quite a few Afghans.
There’s truth in that.

An independent commission like the 9/11 commission would be the best way to go but like I said in my post…won’t…politics

There’s truth in that.

An independent commission like the 9/11 commission would be the best way to go but like I said in my post…won’t…politics
Having Kash Patel write up a document basically calling for an immediate withdrawal in December is an example of, "Be wary of what you wish for".
I think it is worthwhile to examine exit points. I know the use of the airport in Kabul was troubling, but was using military bases far from the population centers any better? Did we have appropriate forces available? Why not set a process for getting people out, which of course is not what the Afghan government wanted. How did we get it so wrong about how fast the Afghans would crumble. Which, to me, negates some of the criticism for both administrations. Sure, we erred in analyzing their abilities, but they crumbled.
Lots and lots of questions.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Having Kash Patel write up a document basically calling for an immediate withdrawal in December is an example of, "Be wary of what you wish for".
I think it is worthwhile to examine exit points. I know the use of the airport in Kabul was troubling, but was using military bases far from the population centers any better? Did we have appropriate forces available? Why not set a process for getting people out, which of course is not what the Afghan government wanted. How did we get it so wrong about how fast the Afghans would crumble. Which, to me, negates some of the criticism for both administrations. Sure, we erred in analyzing their abilities, but they crumbled.
I’d like to know why the SIV process wasn’t fixed. It was deliberate during the Trump administration (Stephen Miller) and seems to have been bureaucratic incompetence and a lack of giving a crap in the Biden administration.

As far as bases go….Bagram was easily defendable and at the very least should’ve been held on to along with Kabul Airport. Evacuating the military before the civilians were out was mind blowing IMO.

Either way a non partisan investigation would be appreciated by me at least. Won’t happen…politics…but one could hope

While I agree there's a lot of blame to go around, what would be the purpose of the investigation at this point?

The starting point to me is figuring out why our estimates of how long the Afghan government/military could stand on its own were so completely off. Why ere they excluded from negotiations with the Taliban? Etc.

for all the complaints about the evacuation debacle, what I think keeps getting glossed over imo, is that ANY orderly withdrawal was dependent on the Afghans at least temporarily holding their own. once they collapsed, an orderly evacuation, getting US equipment out that we wouldn’t leave behind for Afghan use, getting afghan allies out, etc., became impossible.

I would love to apologize for the cockroach representing my District of Florida. I have never voted for him, and never will vote for him, and take every available opportunity to speak out against him. Unfortunately, my vote is only one vote.

The starting point to me is figuring out why our estimates of how long the Afghan government/military could stand on its own were so completely off. Why ere they excluded from negotiations with the Taliban? Etc.

for all the complaints about the evacuation debacle, what I think keeps getting glossed over imo, is that ANY orderly withdrawal was dependent on the Afghans at least temporarily holding their own. once they collapsed, an orderly evacuation, getting US equipment out that we wouldn’t leave behind for Afghan use, getting afghan allies out, etc., became impossible.

We are out of Afghanistan. There is no way it was going to be pretty or correct, 10 days, weeks, months or even years later.

Wingnuts will never accept reality.

ADVERTISEMENT