ADVERTISEMENT

matthew mcconaughey speach at white house

He's right, and brings a perspective that isn't spoken to often. I am a gun owner. I believe in the 2nd amendment. Taking action is a positive advancement or clarification of the 2nd amendment. There is majority support for actions that should have been taken years ago.

Celebrity opinions are much more powerful than the opinions of the little people.
"These are the same green Converse on her feet that turned out to be the only clear evidence that could identify her after the shooting."

FTlCLSzWUAEQaHy

Last edited:
Matthew is from there. He has a reason to be vocal about this. Hell everyone should be! Need red flag laws, need universal background checks, need to raise the age to buy a military style assault weapon to 21. How many more of these killing must happen before these 3 basic gun laws get passed nationally?

Have all 3 in Florida. From Rick Scott. He won't even talk about it now. Pathetic.

The cancel culture is you.

And a hell of a speech. Good for Matthew and his wife.
The cancel culture is me? Explain? If by being in favor of background screening, raising the age to 21 and implementing red flag laws is cancel culture, then so be it. I’d proudly wear that badge.

The cancel culture is me? Explain? If by being in favor of background screening, raising the age to 21 and implementing red flag laws is cancel culture, then so be it. I’d proudly wear that badge.
No, the left has been all about cancel culture.

And you and I probably agree on gun laws.

I was watching The Five this evening. Every single one of the panelists praised McConaughey and thought he had it completely right. He proposed attacking the problem from multiple perspectives, Including mental health, red flag laws, raising the age and trying to reinstate family values. I think he hit all of the points that most Americans agree with. And the fox people that I saw thought he was great. And he’s going to be on Bret Baier tonight.

I was watching The Five this evening. Every single one of the panelists praised McConaughey and thought he had it completely right. He proposed attacking the problem from multiple perspectives, Including mental health, red flag laws, raising the age and trying to reinstate family values. I think he hit all of the points that most Americans agree with. And the fox people that I saw thought he was great. And he’s going to be on Bret Baier tonight.
Well just when we we’re going to start bashing Faux News you went and ruined the whole thread!😡

Last edited:
How is the left all about cancel culture but the right isn’t? Right wants to cancel books in schools, abortions, teachers, gays, Disney, Nike, weed, etc, etc., and now Matt McConaughy among others.
LOL!

You just had the leader of the Alphabet People call out to have one of their biggest advocates for years to be canceled (Bill Maher, the former lefty darling who must have had an epiphany and said to himself "WTF was I thinking !"). That's how this shit started, mindless "offended" whack-jobs, one after another fighting to get in line to get "offended".

"Why must we have the sun continually rising in the East, I'm "offended"? LOL?

How about one of those old-time legislative compromises where two issues were combined into one bill?

Increase the voting age and the legal age for gun ownership at the same time? My suggestion would be to raise both to 26.

In fact, let's raise everything to 26 ... other than car driving, soldiering, getting married, and the right of young girls to say "Yes!" to their suitors.

I know that the gun ownership stuff will impact black communities disproportionately, but I do not really care. It will also serve to reduce crime in suburbia and rural American; just not as much. One component of "Broken Window Policing" is the ability to simply stop and frisk kids in the ghetto in a search for weapons. Perhaps we could make this legal again. That helped a lot in NYC, so let's give it another go.

I would think that if we throw the voting age into the package, we could easily get the necessary votes in congress for at least the gun related restrictions.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT