ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Flemming

Agree 100% with you. I have also so much appreciated what Iowa has had to do to be strong in football. I am an old school guy and think Ferentz certainly is.

Sadly though, the players now have more power than they've ever had and having a bigger stage than ever to be heard. Like it or not, the "old school military style" camp is forever going to be changed; and coaches either adjust or they are gone. It's simply a reality and a big part of me is very sad about that.

I just want to comment to add that it's possible to hold a high standard, if change is implemented properly.

At the end Fleming said he tried to transfer 3x. On his final attempt where he succeeded he said during his meeting with KF he had this quote of what Ferentz said to him

"I need him in life, and I'll never be anything without him, and that I was truly making a huge mistake."
In the realm of things that never happened this is one of the most obvious I've ever seen.

These kids nowadays are just pussies

I find it interesting that the "Patriot Way" is considered a model for success. The way to be a champion. It includes unrelenting expectations of discipline and focus on doing things a certain way. Rules and standards for behavior are set and to be followed. No exceptions. But with Iowa, it's called "white culture." I am going to say this again, being insensitive, brutally blunt, and maybe even being a dick is not racist. Criticize all you want for that, leave the racism alone. If certain people can't handle it, including many "white kids", then this program is not for them. So be it.
This

What is amazing is all you Hawk "fans" are throwing Kirk Ferentz and Gary Barta under the bus...in essence saying .... They were wrong in their decision to terminate Doyle .... They were too weak to stand up to the "false" charges of many former and present players. You've had fun belittling, demeaning and piling on Wadley, DJK, Flemming and others all over these boards. Keyboard bullies.

Ferentz and Barta know what came out of interviews with many black and white players. They are more committed to running a good program than any of us tapping away on our laptops. They decided Doyle needed to go. I buy their good sense and expertise. Too bad many of you don't have confidence in your head coach and AD.
bull. they listened to Robert T Green. big mistake. I bet they wished they had that one back.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT