ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Dumbest Thing Announcer Has Ever Said

markfromj

HR Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Austin Peay - Central Arkansas: “We wondered if we’d ever see this game, but midway through the first quarter, you can see that college football can be played safely”.

Maybe, but half a quarter does not prove squat. Let’s wait two weeks, shall we?

Did not hear any of those except the Terry Stross one, which is not as dumb as what I heard tonight.

Austin Peay - Central Arkansas: “We wondered if we’d ever see this game, but midway through the first quarter, you can see that college football can be played safely”.

You want I should link my thread on HROT?...........

LSU at Georgia in 1991 on ESPN. Today is the largest crowd to ever watch a football game in the state of Atlanta. Said at least 4 times.

Reactions: WSC72
Dunno about that

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way, because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trade...the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Jimmy The Greek

LSU at Georgia in 1991 on ESPN. Today is the largest crowd to ever watch a football game in the state of Atlanta. Said at least 4 times.

LOL - I didn't even know Trump used to do SEC games. "YO-se-mite, er, uh, YO-se-mite." Play ball!

Don't recall who it said it, but iowa at Michigan St 2001 a player gets his fingers caught in a facemask..."He almost decapitated his fingers on that one."

Think it may have been Spielman.

You must have never watched a game John Madden was commentating.

Probably not the dumbest thing ever said, but talk about spiking the ball while inside your own 10 yard line....

Ya see, OP, hyperbole got you in trouble this time. If you would have just said "A dumb thing ....", you would have survived the HR blow back.

I will say, that was an enormously asinine statement - as if he expected that players and coaches might faint on the field during warm-ups due to COVID.

Like, "Hey! I went to the store today! I don't have COVID! Nothing to worry about."

Maybe the unintentional funniest was when basketball coach/commentator Rick Majerus was discussing player Rudy Gay (Majerus was a very large man).

"I'm not just a big Gay man". Fellow announcers laugh. "No, seriously, I'm not a big Gay man". "He doesn't handle the ball that well.......

ADVERTISEMENT