ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe it's just the excitement of yet another impending season of Hawkeye football, but...

BrewHawk

HB Heisman
Jul 21, 2004
Lucas, TX
I don't think so. I really have a bright outlook for this season. Much more optimism than in the past few years.

I'm not going to put myself out on a limb and say we go undefeated, but I certainly see the possibility for a top ten national ranking and CJ having a Heisman-mention type season.

When I look at this team I see a ton of potential. We have a QB with tremendous physical abilities, a relatively deep stable of RBs who have all shown flashes, an as-always solid TE group, a solid returning middle of the OL with two young tackles who have what it takes to be very good, and a group of WRs who are finally starting to fit the mold of what this offense is supposed to look like.

On defense, we're solid across the DL, even after losing two very good DTs. The LBs are much more mature and have come through adversity to where they are now and a defensive backfield that may be the best unit we have. We also have a weapon at PK that we haven't seen the likes of since Nate Kaeding.

I also still think (despite all the naysayers) that we have one of the best coaches in all of college football who will once again quiet the doubters and (once again) breathe life back into our proud program. Don't ever count out individuals like Kirk Ferentz as they will continue to overcome adversity and be successful, despite whatever the detractors might say/think.

Now all we have to do is find a punter and overcome GD's playcalling, which can be done with good execution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.