ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe too early.......

We return 7 solid players and this group will get better.

Fran will find someone to fill that last scholly that will help the Hawks.

Originally posted by ISPHawk:
but with no white and no big man next year, we are in trouble.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Why don't you turn yourself in to ISIS. You are already brain dead anyway.
laugh.r191677.gif

We return 4 of 5 starters

We return Clemons and Uhl off the bench.

We are losing essentially White and Olaseni. Olgesby had some big moments
but he was very inconsistent.

We are also adding some decent recruits and we get Ellingson to the mix

I won't argue.
Nothing I've seen from Woodbury this year calms my concerns about white and olaseni graduating. Especially tonight's performance. Uhls defense wasn't real inspiring this year either. But Fran will find someone, the man knows what he's doing.

Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:
I won't argue.
Nothing I've seen from Woodbury this year calms my concerns about white and olaseni graduating. Especially tonight's performance. Uhls defense wasn't real inspiring this year either. But Fran will find someone, the man knows what he's doing.

"Nothing I've seen", and then you add, "especially".
smile.r191677.gif

Now, I aint no Englisch major. But.......

As from now to next season? Yup, going to be plenty of posters saying that the Mayan Prophecy spells Armageddon in the form of Y2K for our Hawkeyes. There always are plenty of fans who feel that way.

Show of hands! Who predicted Iowa would never make the NCAA's this year?

My bad, forgot everyone would be grumpy. All you had to say was "yes, too early". Thanks for acting like ISU and Nebraska fans.

Originally posted by HaydenHawk8:
We return 4 of 5 starters

We return Clemons and Uhl off the bench.

We are losing essentially White and Olaseni. Olgesby had some big moments

but he was very inconsistent.

We are also adding some decent recruits and we get Ellingson to the mix
Hoping Ellingson is the difference maker.

My bad, forgot everyone would be grumpy. All you had to say was "yes, too early". Thanks for acting like ISU and Nebraska fans.

Don't worry about me. I'm always grumpy about doom and gloom.
wink.r191677.gif
Just say what you think and I'll complain about it.

Originally posted by DanL53:

I won't argue.

"Nothing I've seen", and then you add, "especially".
smile.r191677.gif

Now, I aint no Englisch major. But.......

As from now to next season? Yup, going to be plenty of posters saying that the Mayan Prophecy spells Armageddon in the form of Y2K for our Hawkeyes. There always are plenty of fans who feel that way.

Show of hands! Who predicted Iowa would never make the NCAA's this year?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on this site. Congratulations.

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on this site. Congratulations.

You and Hawkeye Dude always say that.
smile.r191677.gif
No biggie. Proud to let you down Mr. Hemingway.

plenty if posters on here assured us this years team wouldn't be better than this years team as Iowa couldnt replace Marble. these boo birds were really loud after the non-conference season. they went into hibernation as Iowa had it's best B1G season in 18 years.

OP, people like you still don't get it do you?

The only guy Iowa basketball needs back year to year to be successful is Fran McCaffery.

We still got Fran as far as I know so we will be fine.

I see a slight decline too. But then again I was one of those who thought without RDM there would be a decline. Iowa seems to be on the uprise in general, next year could just be a slight down year in an otherwise upward trend.

Way too soon. It was a great season by the Hawkeyes. This team went 7-3 on the road and 12-6 in the Big Ten. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them perform during crunch time which is way more than you can about last year's team. Any Iowa fan should be stoked for that record. It's the most games we have won in conference since 2006. They play with grit and went on a great run in the second half of the season. Personally, White will go down as one of my favorite Iowa players of all-time. We will have a solid team next year with Uthoff, Gesell, Jok, Sapp, Uhl, and the new guys. We will be a middle of the pack Big Ten team. Hopefully we can make it 3 tourneys in a row.
This post was edited on 3/22 7:13 PM by Hawks2405

Originally posted by Hawks2405:

Way too soon. It was a great season by the Hawkeyes. This team went 7-3 on the road and 12-6 in the Big Ten. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them perform during crunch time which is way more than you can about last year's team. Any Iowa fan would should be stoked for that record. It's the most games we have won in conference since 2006. They play with grit and went on a great run in the second half of the season. Personally, White will go down as one of my favorite Iowa players of all-time. We will have a solid team next year with Uthoff, Gesell, Jok, Sapp, Uhl, and the new guys. We will be a middle of the pack Big Ten team. Hopefully we can make it 3 tourneys in a row.
Solid early prediction but I'm going to wait until recruiting is actually over with to start thinking about Iowa's future.

Originally posted by Phenom...tastic:
plenty if posters on here assured us this years team wouldn't be better than this years team as Iowa couldnt replace Marble. these boo birds were really loud after the non-conference season. they went into hibernation as Iowa had it's best B1G season in 18 years.

OP, people like you still don't get it do you?

The only guy Iowa basketball needs back year to year to be successful is Fran McCaffery.

We still got Fran as far as I know so we will be fine.
Oh, I get it! If you think the only person we need is Fran? I'm afraid you don't get it. His game plan was terrible tonight. When you are outmatched, you have to outcoach and execute....didn't do either.

The team got a real taste of the post season this year, We have some nice players coming back, Hopefully they will work very hard on their games in the off season. JU still needs to add some muscle, Woody needs to develop some semblance of having a post game on offense. Jok should continue to get better, He has the stroke. We are adding some nice athletes to the roster, If a couple can contribute by Big 10 season and continue to develop as the year goes on we could be a pretty solid team by the end of the year.
I obviously have no crystal ball, At the beginning of next year we won't be as good as this years team, By the end of the year we could be a better team IMO.

Look at the top of the big 10. Lot of teams who finished top half losing a lot especially if dekker from wisc, hammonds from Purdue or Trimble from Maryland go pro (assuming Russell from Osu is). No clue if yogi Ferrell would leave too.

Every one is saying this year was the official stepping stone to us being a really good program.

I will admit, part of me is worried that we have peaked and this year was probably as good as its ever going to get.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
Every one is saying this year was the official stepping stone to us being a really good program.

I will admit, part of me is worried that we have peaked and this year was probably as good as its ever going to get.
That's exactly what you and others were saying at the start of this season. We don't KNOW the ceiling that McCaffery and Iowa can reach, but "probably as good as its ever going to get"?

Don't make me call you a Lemon Sucker again!

True, will agree with u on that dan, and what keeps me hopeful. I am just skeptical without address the needs at c and pg tho to be sure. Clemmons showed me a lot again tonight. Hard to believe he ends the season as our best 3 pt shooter.

Look at where Fran started from day 1. We now are getting some talent out of Chicago, It has been decades since we had our foot in the door there. It has taken time and it may seem like baby steps, But I think he really has something to sell now. I think Fran's best years are still ahead of him.

No need to panic until next year's recruiting season is complete. The 2016 Hawks will likely be one of the last 8 in the tourney or first 8 out next year. Fran can hopefully use this season as ammo to recruits

Don't turn around and get all froggy.

You came onto this fan base's website immediately following it's best season in 15 years and predicted doom and gloom.

Of course people don't want to hear that noise.

Tell me how many chicken little / pessimistic / half glass empty types in your life do you enjoy being around?

Take your lashings like a man and think twice about posting crap like this next time.

Jesus Christ. I have no idea what the team will be like next year but I do know this...

Despite losing White, Gabe, and Josh you will have a hard time finding a more experienced group in the Big Ten next year.

Clemmons, Gesell, Jok, Uthoff, and Woody could be a starting line-up. Four seniors and a junior. All of whom have started. All of whom have played in three NCAA tournament games and a top three Big Ten finish. All of whom have improved at least a little while at Iowa. This does not even take into account if by some random chance, one of these five takes another step forward.

Add in Uhl who saw some quality minutes this year and has a nice skill set. Add in Ellingson who saw a little time this year and might be fully healthy.Also, add in five freshman who also possess at least one really intriguing skill and are all fairly athletic.

Finally, we still have one open scholarship. Find a decent JUCO or fifth year big man and I think we got a shot at returning to the dance. But, hey, that's just like my opinion man.

Fran's best class that was rated 25th by ESPN will be SR's this fall and you expect this team to regress?

3 SR starters return and Jok will be starting his 2nd season as a JR
I expect SR AC to be IA's 6th man this fall.

the only real question mark will be who will be that 5th starter, actually 2 although the 2nd is not as important as the 1st.

will he play SF as I believe Uthoff will be moved to the PF position, this will allow Fran the option of starting Uhl at the 3 or move Jok to the 3 and rotate these at the 2

RSFR 6'4 Ellingson
FR 6'5 Moss
FR 6'5/6 Fleming

someone mentioned that Fleming may be the most college ready player of the group

Sweet 16 and too 3 in the Big next year. No doubt. It will be Fran's best team. The key is he can build off this year and 4 returning seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT