ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe we should give Sweden a call

Actually, that's almost completely untrue. Almost every single word you posted is counter-factual. Surprise.

The only thing you got right is that nothing short of an effective vaccine will stop it. That's not the goal - as you should know. The goal - as you should know - is to slow the spread so that hospitals aren't overwhelmed. That prevents deaths among the non-Covid population as well - as you should know. A side benefit of that - again, as you should know - is that we are getting much better at treating it. People who would have died in April are surviving today. Additionally, we've learned - as you should know - that the severity is tied to the viral load so if everyone is following the guidelines it's far more likely that those exposed will fare better overall than someone in an environment where neither social distancing not masking are observed. You knew all of that, right?

You're supposed to be a health professional, correct?
This. A health professional who doesn't acknowledge this is a hack.

Oh good lord. It seems I have to spell it out for you. We don’t currently have control of Covid.
We are being told that other countries are doing much better. The countries that are doing much better now are often the ones that are islands and did a better job FROM THE BEGINNING controlling their borders. They kept casesdown from the start. Those countries now that are having a hard time are ones that FROM THE BEGINNING had more porous borders and much more international travel and have many more cases in country now. As such restrictions NOW on international travel in the countries that are having issues isn’t likely to make any difference. But when people tout successes of certain countries vs others it can’t simply be boiled down to ‘mask mandates’.

Oh good lord. It seems I have to spell it out for you. We don’t currently have control of Covid.
We are being told that other countries are doing much better. The countries that are doing much better now are often the ones that are islands and did a better job FROM THE BEGINNING controlling their borders. They kept casesdown from the start. Those countries now that are having a hard time are ones that FROM THE BEGINNING had more porous borders and much more international travel and have many more cases in country now. As such restrictions NOW on international travel in the countries that are having issues isn’t likely to make any difference. But when people tout successes of certain countries vs others it can’t simply be boiled down to ‘mask mandates’.
This is almost entirely untrue as well.

I have @tarheelbybirth on ignore. I have a zero tolerance policy for assholery. If posters resort to vitriol and name calling I have no time for that. My experience here has been much better since I have implemented this rule. He’s one of 5-6 now I have on ignore.
LOL...that he's a lying hack is just icing on the cake. As I said, feel free to post my criticism of his remarks and see his defense.

You can look those economic numbers up for yourself.
But you won't.
Flatten the curve!

Uhh, hospitalizations & vents!!

No, wait, it’s always been about the deaths!

We mean, % of positives!

Cases, cases, cases!!

Errr, economic numbers!!

#Goalposts

Didn't look them up, did you?

Sweden "locked down" every bit as much as their neighbors.
Facts are hard for you, aren't they?
🤣 🤣 🤣 You’re averse to the truth, which is weird for a self-professed man of science.

• Yet Sweden adopted strikingly different policies from those of other European countries, out of a desire to avoid disrupting daily life—and perhaps the hope that, by paying an immediate price in illness, the country could achieve “herd immunity” and put the pandemic behind it.

Swedish authorities actively discouraged people from wearing face masks, which they said would spread panic, are often worn the wrong way, and can provide a false sense of safety. Some doctors who insisted on wearing a mask at work have been reprimanded or even fired.

Until last month, Sweden’s official policy stated people without obvious symptoms are very unlikely to spread the virus. So instead of being quarantined or asked to stay home, family members, colleagues, and classmates of confirmed cases had to attend school and show up for work, unless they had symptoms themselves.

🤣 🤣 🤣 You’re averse to the truth

No; I've explained it to you. Many times.

Swedes shut down every bit as much as their neighbors economically.
Particularly AFTER they started seeing a hundred a day dying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT