ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Recruiting: Mulvey names a leader (Iowa)

DanHawkPella

HB Legend
Jul 24, 2001
Not sure if this was posted before - if so, my apologies.

This article on Riley Mulvey (2022) dates from Feb 4 - main competition here is Syracuse, who is also after 7'2" Center Clingan that Iowa has offered (my top target in 2022, but lots of competition).

Iowa, Yale, Virginia Tech, Columbia and Michigan are among the other schools in contact. Michigan has yet to offer, however.

Iowa head coach Fran McCaffrey is the point of contact for the Hawkeyes.

"I talk to him once a week," Mulvey said. "Pretty similar actually. I feel like the conversations we get into end up being joking around. Talking about what's going on with him, what's going on with me. He actually told me a story about how they went out and on the way back they got spike trapped by a cop. They happen to drive over them and then the cops came back and paid for everything. That's just one of the stories that stuck with me because it's so crazy."

Mulvey's season is just beginning, so his immediate focus is on that. Once the season ends, he will look to trim his list down while eyeing a decision sometime over the summer.

"Right now, I'd say the list for me I feel like Iowa is the top, then Syracuse, then Virginia Tech, then Yale," Mulvey said. "I feel like those are the main four that I'm thinking about."

Mulvey is a native of Albany (N.Y.) and plays his high school ball at St. Thomas More in Connecticut. He is listed at 6-11, 230 pounds.

My sense is that Mulvey is currently regarded as a Top 150-200 player but may end up Top 100-150 when all is said and done. He's pretty balanced and known as a rebounder, shot blocker who can also score a bit. Not sure on his 3 point shot, but perhaps reminds me a bit of Nunge overall although Nunge may have been a bit more polished offensively. The Syracuse sites seem to think he's under-rated. Seems like a very solid recruit if we can land him - if he played in Iowa we'd likely be making a big deal out of him and he may still be growing.

Some media on his game:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News