ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell Gets Key Vote Locked In For Justice

Mar 14, 2003
Lamar Alexander appears to be in. He was listed as a top four choice for one who may say no. They need to nominate and confirm by the end of this week.

What is the surprise here Iowa? We all understand that as a group, this current crop of Republican senators is as soulless and ethically challanged as their President.
Just remember this action Iowa.....because sooner ot later, the worm is gonna turn. Then it will get interesting

Reactions: Torg
Lamar Alexander appears to be in. He was listed as a top four choice for one who may say no. They need to nominate and confirm by the end of this week.

You just can’t contain that excitement over Ginsburg’s death, can you?

You’ve been hoping and praying she’d keel over during Trump’s reign, and Santa delivered your Christmas gift early. It’s unicorns and glitter for you right now.

You’re a sick bastard.

You just can’t contain that excitement over Ginsburg’s death, can you?

You’ve been hoping and praying she’d keel over during Trump’s reign, and Santa delivered your Christmas gift early. It’s unicorns and glitter for you right now.

You’re a sick bastard.

Once again mstp no. Isn't it your bed time?

If only the Democrats had an extra $120 million lying around to run public campaigns over this...

I'm in the wait until after the election camp, but if RBG, Clinton and Biden said this then not sure what the complaints are about.
119768625_3437990559578068_433951583042402427_n.jpg

And Biden's qoute:
“I made it absolutely clear that I would go forward with the confirmation process, as chairman — even a few months before a presidential election — if the nominee were chosen with the advice, and not merely the consent, of the Senate—just as the Constitution requires. There is no Biden rule. It doesn’t exist.”

- Joe Biden, 2016

CbIwcbvWIAEdDOn.png

Last edited:
MAGAts have no shame, decency, respect, or civility. This is going to backfire spectacularly and the consequence will be an expanded Supreme Court. This will incentivize more, normally apathetic, people to show up and vote for Biden and other Democrats.

MAGAts have no shame, decency, respect, or civility. This is going to backfire spectacularly and the consequence will be an expanded Supreme Court. This will incentivize more, normally apathetic, people to show up and vote for Biden and other Democrats.
What are this weeks Power Ball numbers since you're predicting the future?

If the dems pack the court we really are headed to a country with 2 sides that cannot remain together. While people may not like Trumps tactics on this all, it is clearly allowed constitutionally. Court packing would be a nuclear bomb for our constitution.

Last edited:
If the dems pack the court we really are headed to a country and 2 sides that cannot remain together. . While people may not like Trumps tactics on this all, it is clearly allowed constitutionally. Court packing would be a nuclear bomb for our constitution.
The Constitution places the power to determine the number of Justices in the hands of Congress. “Court packing” is allowed constitutionally, also.

The Constitution places the power to determine the number of Justices in the hands of Congress. “Court packing” is allowed constitutionally, also.
My understanding was it was ruled unconstitutional when FDR tried it but I have yet to read up on it more than what I read in a news article.

• Wow
Reactions: naturalmwa
My understanding was it was ruled unconstitutional when FDR tried it but I have yet to read up on it more than what I read in a news article.
No he threatened it. The SCOTUS magically started becoming more liberal almost immediately.

In any case, Biden is actually a person of principle unlike Trump. Even if R’s pull this stunt and Biden wins, I think he’ll avoid court packing. Eventually somebody has to be the bigger person. Won’t be a Republican.

Make your movie, Mitchy boy. Is this one "win" worth it to you and the GOP? In 4 months the Dems will have full control. Consider:

1) SCOTUS having number of Justices increased to 15 or more and packed by Biden with a bunch of young liberals.
2) D.C. and Puerto Rico as States #51 and #52.
3) After #2 goes through, Dems will have control of the Senate essentially forever. Then, next time the Cons manage to steal another Presidential election, it'll be guaranteed that a Con President will NEVER AGAIN have a SCOTUS justice nomination get confirmed. When Mitchy boy sets the precedent that the Senate can do whatever the heck they want for whatever reason they want, then the heavy liberal SCOTUS will have no problem allowing the Dem-controlled Senate to block SCOTUS nominations for 4-8 years or more. Why not?

Or, Mitchy can let this go in exchange for a compromise, which might present some of the above scenarios. Personally, I would prefer a "gloves off, no-holds-barred" approach by the Dems starting in January once they're in full control; it would be glorious. So make your move, Turtle-face. I dare you.

Make your movie, Mitchy boy. Is this one "win" worth it to you and the GOP? In 4 months the Dems will have full control. Consider:

1) SCOTUS having number of Justices increased to 15 or more and packed by Biden with a bunch of young liberals.
3) After #2 goes through, Dems will have control of the Senate essentially forever. Then, next time the Cons manage to steal another Presidential election, it'll be guaranteed that a Con President will NEVER AGAIN have a SCOTUS justice nomination get confirmed. When Mitchy boy sets the precedent that the Senate can do whatever the heck they want for whatever reason they want, then the heavy liberal SCOTUS will have no problem allowing the Dem-controlled Senate to block SCOTUS nominations for 4-8 years or more. Why not?

Or, Mitchy can let this go in exchange for a compromise, which might present some of the above scenarios. Personally, I would prefer a "gloves off, no-holds-barred" approach by the Dems starting in January once they're in full control; it would be glorious. So make your move, Turtle-face. I dare you.
So appoint who we want or we will destroy the country authoritarian style.

This is similar to dems saying antifa/blm will burn the country down unless you elect who we say you have to elect

This is similar to dems saying antifa/blm will burn the country down unless you elect who we say you have to elect
Just giving fair warning. Dems are not known for playing dirty like Cons are, but you'd certainly be asking for it. Your party is a dying breed. Gotta go sometime. This could be it. They'll build a GOP Museum right next to the Texas Cotton Gin Museum. They'll have statues of Orange Turd and Turtle-Face flanking the entrance.

Either that, or bring some honor and dignity back to your party. Your choice.

If the dems pack the court we really are headed to a country with 2 sides that cannot remain together. While people may not like Trumps tactics on this all, it is clearly allowed constitutionally. Court packing would be a nuclear bomb for our constitution.
Court packing is as allowed as anything the Rs have done. Don’t cry when you burn. You asked for it.

If you wouldn’t find it offensive, I’d blow you.

Don’t claim you weren’t warned. When the government of the people, for the people is no longer by the people, it is the right and proper duty of the people to throw away that government and remake itself anew; a vessel for the common man.

That's the soul of my nation.

Just giving fair warning. Dems are not known for playing dirty like Cons are, but you'd certainly be asking for it. Your party is a dying breed. Gotta go sometime. This could be it. They'll build a GOP Museum right next to the Texas Cotton Gin Museum. They'll have statues of Orange Turd and Turtle-Face flanking the entrance.

Either that, or bring some honor and dignity back to your party. Your choice.
EnragedShockedLadybug-small.gif

Reactions: ping72 and Moral
All the sh&t Trump and the GOP have pulled over the past 4 years, starting with the Garland fiasco, and you call potential Dem Court Packing as the tipping point? Good God.

GOP Speaker of the House Thomas Brackett Reed once famously said "The best system is to have one party govern and the other party watch." If Turtle Face and Co. pull this crap pushing a SCOTUS Justice through weeks prior to the Election, the Cons will be doing an awful lot of watching starting in Jan.

No he threatened it. The SCOTUS magically started becoming more liberal almost immediately.

In any case, Biden is actually a person of principle unlike Trump. Even if R’s pull this stunt and Biden wins, I think he’ll avoid court packing. Eventually somebody has to be the bigger person. Won’t be a Republican.

No he tried it and his VP and the Senate majority leader lobbied against it. It was his first major political defeat.

I'm in the wait until after the election camp, but if RBG, Clinton and Biden said this then not sure what the complaints are about.

And Biden's qoute:
“I made it absolutely clear that I would go forward with the confirmation process, as chairman — even a few months before a presidential election — if the nominee were chosen with the advice, and not merely the consent, of the Senate—just as the Constitution requires. There is no Biden rule. It doesn’t exist.”

- Joe Biden, 2016

CbIwcbvWIAEdDOn.png
And had it been done it 2016, I would have no problem with it.

And Biden's qoute:

- Joe Biden, 2016

CbIwcbvWIAEdDOn.png

You're forgetting all the Republicans in 2016 who said the people should have their say in an election year. And that was when the seat was vacant in February and ultimately stayed open for an entire year.

Had the GOP at the least held confirmation hearings for Garland, even if they'd ultimately voted No, I'd have no complaints about filling RBG's seat before the end of the year. I reserve the right to not like who they ultimately nominate, but that's a separate argument. It's total hypocrisy to argue they were right to not hold Garland hearings in 2016 but say they should hold hearings now.

Harry Reid made the rule for 51 senators instead of 60 to confirm a judge, now Dems bitch about it.

Obama stated it was a national urgency to seat a judge prior to an election to avoid a 4-4 court. Now dems bitch about it.

Hypocrites.

There's no 4-4 court now. 5 justices have been nominated by GOP presidents, 3 by Democratic presidents. This 4-4 deadlock now is baloney.

The Republicans are a bunch of circle jerking racists and bigots. What's new? At least the previous veneer of small government and fiscal responsibility garbage have been thrown away to expose the real R. R for racist. I would still take a justice if Trump gets his ass thrown in the toilet shit of history. Then we'll see how many smug mug R's log on to hrot.

ADVERTISEMENT