ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell Gets Key Vote Locked In For Justice

Do you actually understand what you wrote? It’s called being consistent. McConnell made the rules, now he’s changed.

I just want consistency from our leaders.
Explain to me how the Dems or Rep are being consistent on this topic?

It sounds like you're the one that is blinded by one side. They are BOTH doing the same thing. Both parties suck and only look out for their own agenda.

Let me help you. You are in law enforcement. Let’s say a defense attorney argues against the inclusion of evidence in a murder trial and loses the motion. 4 years later, he is now a prosecutor and is leading the prosecution of a similar murder. Is he a hypocrite for arguing in favor of inclusion of evidence and using the precedent set 4 years prior for his prosecution? No, those are now the rules of the game so he will abide by them.

Let me help you. You are in law enforcement. Let’s say a defense attorney argues against the inclusion of evidence in a murder trial and loses the motion. 4 years later, he is now a prosecutor and is leading the prosecution of a similar murder. Is he a hypocrite for arguing in favor of inclusion of evidence and using the precedent set 4 years prior for his prosecution? No, those are now the rules of the game so he will abide by them.
Good point. I guess maybe I have more of an issue of how they are approaching this. They are acting like they never felt this way when it was clear in 16 they did which makes them look like as big of phonies as the Rep do right now. Thanks for the example. I'll shut up now.

uh huh. it's been real fun watching you guys try to justify this to yourselves so you don't feel bad. you can just shut up about it and do it. that's more worthy of respect than the pathetic need to feel okay about it.
If I was a republican you would have a point. Since I have an open mind and vote who best represents my view points, I don't have a dog in the fight. Both sides look ridiculous right now.

Good point. I guess maybe I have more of an issue of how they are approaching this. They are acting like they never felt this way when it was clear in 16 they did which makes them look like as big of phonies as the Rep do right now. Thanks for the example. I'll shut up now.
No, it doesn't make them look as big of phonies. A precedent was supposedly established. It's not hard to understand unless you automatically take the side of Republicans. It's very simple to understand.

What is the surprise here Iowa? We all understand that as a group, this current crop of Republican senators is as soulless and ethically challanged as their President.
Just remember this action Iowa.....because sooner ot later, the worm is gonna turn. Then it will get interesting.....
So, this is no different than that group of Senators and Congressmen who rammed through Obamacare on a 100% partisan vote and look at what a POS that has turned out to be with zero input from the opposition. Also, it was the Democrats that used the nuclear option and changed the civility of the Senate. Actions have consequences.

You're forgetting all the Republicans in 2016 who said the people should have their say in an election year. And that was when the seat was vacant in February and ultimately stayed open for an entire year.

Had the GOP at the least held confirmation hearings for Garland, even if they'd ultimately voted No, I'd have no complaints about filling RBG's seat before the end of the year. I reserve the right to not like who they ultimately nominate, but that's a separate argument. It's total hypocrisy to argue they were right to not hold Garland hearings in 2016 but say they should hold hearings now.

There's no 4-4 court now. 5 justices have been nominated by GOP presidents, 3 by Democratic presidents. This 4-4 deadlock now is baloney.
Kennedy is not a lock step Republican. More of a RINO.

So, this is no different than that group of Senators and Congressmen who rammed through Obamacare on a 100% partisan vote and look at what a POS that has turned out to be with zero input from the opposition. Also, it was the Democrats that used the nuclear option and changed the civility of the Senate. Actions have consequences.
Lol. So unpopular was the ACA that Republicans have since never come close to coming up with anything to replace it other than "we're gonna protect people with preexisting conditions" (taking credit for an idea they never helped achieve) and some world salad about talking to pharma companies and asking nicely.

uh huh. it's been real fun watching you guys try to justify this to yourselves so you don't feel bad. you can just shut up about it and do it. that's more worthy of respect than the pathetic need to feel okay about it.
No kidding. Just say “F you Dems, you can’t do shit about it” and be on your way. Stop with the acting on principle garbage.

The argument is nonsensical but it sure is working on many. I feel sorry for their kids.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Explain to me how the Dems or Rep are being consistent on this topic?
Why don’t you understand this?

Dems wanted Garland vetted and voted on.

McConnell says no, it’s too close to the election.

Okay, that’s the rule.

Republicans want Trump’s nominee vetted and voted on.
Dems says, it’s too close to the election, that’s the rule.

McConnell says oh, the rules have changed.

Now, tell me where is the consistency.

It was debated. It was voted upon. It was adopted as law. The Dems have ZERO chance for any input in this one.......a lifetime appointment, too. No chance of change or no chance to change it. There is a difference here Big Del. Don’t be a bigger dick than usual. You and yours will get yours sometime down the line. Just shut up and understand.
This President has done more to divide than all Presidents combined in my life......and he has the dumbest base...swell, except for the those that supported George Wallace.

Okay, that’s the rule.

There isn't. That is my point. Both parties have felt one way and now feel the other way.

Okay, that’s the rule.

Obama was a 100% lame duck. That is the difference.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
if lib dems want to pick they need to start running good candidates in the prez and senate, instead of hills and beto and biden

They've trained them that Democrats have no legitimate basis to govern.

The ACA was proposed and passed and signed into law by a President who had decisively won election as President, campaigned explicitly on the issue and the final bill received 60 votes in the Senate. The Democrats spent months lobbying and appealing to Republicans in an effort to give the bill a bi-partisan patina.

Democrats only used the nuclear option at the point that McConnell and Republicans had essentially shutdown the confirmation process for federal judges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT