ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell says national abortion ban ‘possible’

Link to lies? Because the analyses I've read say they talked around it and did not lie. Prove they lied.
Talked around it? lol.

Tell that to Senators Collins and Murkowski.

Care to address the rest of my post now?

6fdmqq.jpg

Nah, both parties removed one level of filibuster, with the Dems starting it. And this is the big one. Not gonna happen from either side, imo.

We'll see, but nothing I have seen from either party tells me that they honestly give a sh!t about maintaining the last vestiges of a previous eras chamber rules. They have the right and power to change the rules, and continue to do so when they find it to be politically convenient.

I refuse to believe the high-minded rhetorical window dressing over the record of their actions.

Reactions: Rudolph
We'll see, but nothing I have seen from either party tells me that they honestly give a sh!t about maintaining the last vestiges of a previous eras chamber rules. They have the right and power to change the rules, and continue to do so when they find it to be politically convenient.

I refuse to believe the high-minded rhetorical window dressing over the record of their actions.
Well, we do agree they both serve their own interests first.

That would be stupid with a President who would veto. SMH, you guys are desperate to create an issue that will resonate this fall.
You know, Republicans need to STFU about Democrats "creating issues". That has been the entire political strategy of Republicans since November of 2020. Create an issue out of nothing that inflames their base and pint democrats as extremists. Let’s make a list.

Voter fraud
CRT
Trans athletes
Gender affirming care

You are making g the claim. Prove it.
Their own testimony proves it. But, you are too biased to even see it. You have to make up a false reality. I don't even know how to address you at this point.

You're just another MAGA imo, and no one can reason with them (you), because they already know everything. Their intelligence is of an elitist level. Irony.

Reactions: lucas80
Their own testimony proves it. But, you are too biased to even see it. You have to make up a false reality. I don't even know how to address you at this point.

You're just another MAGA imo, and no one can reason with them (you), because they already know everything. Their intelligence is of an elitist level. Irony.
No, it doesn't. You made the claim. Quote what they said that is a lie, then prove it is a lie.

Last edited:
You know, Republicans need to STFU about Democrats "creating issues". That has been the entire political strategy of Republicans since November of 2020. Create an issue out of nothing that inflames their base and pint democrats as extremists. Let’s make a list.

Voter fraud
CRT
Trans athletes
Gender affirming care
Voter fraud is the only one that is “created” by the right. All three of the others are very much real and all three are losing issues for the left.

"States Rights" was always a load of bullshit.
It's about letting the people decide. I thought you believed in democracy? Judges should not decide pubic policy they are just supposed to decide Constitutionality.

Voter fraud is the only one that is “created” by the right. All three of the others are very much real and all three are losing issues for the left.
CRT is not real. At all. The other two are more akin to voter fraud, it happens but the GOP solution is overboard and does really nothing. Transathletes isn’t even a real issue.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
CRT is not real. At all. The other two are more akin to voter fraud, it happens but the GOP solution is overboard and does really nothing. Transathletes isn’t even a real issue.
CRT is absolutely real. Whether or not it’s widespread, idk. There’s no “CRT” classes in schools, but elements of it are included and just called something else or not defined.

Shoot, if all that comes to pass, McConnell will remove the filibuster for much less than anti-abortion legislation. Mumble something about how voters have decided, opposition party committed to obstructing progress, boom. Gone.

He's already had a chance to remove the filibuster, and had Trump screaming at him to, and hasn't entertained it and has specifically said he would not. He literally already had the opportunity and opposed his own party's president about ending it.

Reactions: dandh
I do think if Republicans got full control of the House/Senate/Presidency there would be a huge amount of pressure from the bottom up on McConnell or whoever is the senate majority leader to end the filibuster for a national abortion ban.

At the same time I'm not sure that they will cave to that pressure. Probably depends on who is in charge. Overall they probably lose more than they gain by removing the filibuster.

Quite frankly removing the filibuster is going to either lead to one party dominance or civil war. Because if we keep flipping between parties than the new parties will just go through and attempt to undo everything the previous party did. There would be no stability to our national laws.

He's already had a chance to remove the filibuster, and had Trump screaming at him to, and hasn't entertained it and has specifically said he would not. He literally already had the opportunity and opposed his own party's president about ending it.

Meh I think Trump wanted him to end it for the wall or something. To be fair I don't think that is nearly the pressure that he would face to end it for abortion.

Also I think the pressure would be more bottom up from his base than top down from the POTUS.

I’m not a lawyer. I would be interested in knowing the part of the constitution that would give the federal government the power to ban abortion nationally

CRT is the philosophy that blacks are perpetually the victims of white privilege.
An oversimplification but let’s go with that. CRT is a philosophy. It is a theory. Nothing more. Let’s say I’m teaching a secondary level civics class. We are talking about incarceration rates. It’s an absolute truth that blacks are incarcerated at higher rates than whites. The question the class is discussing today is why.

One answer may be that blacks are more likely to live in poverty and since low socioeconomic situations make criminal activity more likely, that’s the answer. The next question is what else might be a factor. What else might be a reason you are more likely to be sitting in a prison if you are black? Is there a systemic racism factor in play? Teachers ask the questions and students supply the answers. Teachers lead the discussion and students provide the discussion.

How is that an invalid instructional topic?

Quite frankly removing the filibuster is going to either lead to one party dominance or civil war. Because if we keep flipping between parties than the new parties will just go through and attempt to undo everything the previous party did. There would be no stability to our national laws.
This...like it or not the filibuster serves a pretty important purpose. Provides a little stability.

Do away with it and we'll be whipsawing back and forth in regards to legislation going through overturning what the previous folks in power did...just a recipe for disaster IMO.

Reactions: dandh
This...like it or not the filibuster serves a pretty important purpose. Provides a little stability.

Do away with it and we'll be whipsawing back and forth in regards to legislation going through overturning what the previous folks in power did...just a recipe for disaster IMO.

This however only goes back to the ultimate problem of how insanely divided this country is politically.

There are a lot of countries where there is no super majority requirement in their legislatures and that they are able to create laws with relative ease. And yet they don't experience the problem of the parties going through and overturning everything the previous party did.

Something is broken in this country down to the core.

Voter fraud
CRT
Trans athletes
Gender affirming care
Since long before that.

ADVERTISEMENT