ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell Says Nominee Will Get Voted On

They can have their cake and eat it too. Just pass the nominee in the lame duck session.
A U.S. Supreme Court justice being nominated by a President who has just been elected out of office and confirmed by a U.S. Senate that has just had its majority changed in that same election would be the most egregiously abusive horse-sh*t move by any part of the U.S. government in history. It is literally the exact opposite of representing the people. If they try pulling that it I hope Biden and company take off the gloves and crush their nuts into oblivion over the next 4 years (Loading the Court to 15 justices and admitting D.C. and Puerto Rico as States would just be tip of the iceberg).

If McConnell brings a new justice for a vote, the confirmation process will be absolutely bats** crazy. Both parties will fight with significant vitriol. The public will watch this process closely, and if the pick is confirmed, it’s likely, the blowback by the majority of Americans will be so severe that few will view them as legitimate. And say the election is contested all the way to the Supreme Court and the newly minted “illegitimate” justice casts the deciding vote, I’m not sure the damage to our Democracy can be overstated. But who cares about Democracy, as long as they own the libs.

Graham will flip flop and justify it with something nonsensical like “At the time I said this I had no idea how unfairly the Dems would treat President Trump, and they’ve shown that were the shoe on the other foot they would nominate a replacement for RBG so while I may not want to do it personally I’m not going to be the one to stand in the way. Our members can decide and if voters don’t like it they’ll have a chance to vote us out in six weeks. Blah blah blah...”

NO they would not have. But you're scumbag Mitch is setting the rules...which is there are no rules. Payback will be a bitch so just remember your gloating about this. Pick the rules and play by them. McConnell plays both sides. Just remember this...because the Democrats will eventually be able to do what they want. When they do...shut your damn mouth.
You mean like the ACA? It was pushed through a Dem controlled Congress. You know, the 4 months that Obama had total control. Don't sit here and say the Democrats don't do the same thing because it's a flat out lie you hypocrite.

You mean like the ACA? It was pushed through a Dem controlled Congress. You know, the 4 months that Obama had total control. Don't sit here and say the Democrats don't do the same thing because it's a flat out lie you hypocrite.
Legislation that can be undone or modified at any time is very different from a lifetime Supreme Court nomination. Surely you can appreciate that?

Legislation that can be undone or modified at any time is very different from a lifetime Supreme Court nomination. Surely you can appreciate that?
You're grasping at straws, it's no different. Using the power at your disposal is and has been used by both sides. To say any different is a lie. And yes, had the Democrats had control of the Senate in 2016 Garland would have been confirmed. To deny is is also a lie.

Fortunately the Republicans have since brought a lot of great ideas to healthcare since the ACA was passed. Like making sure people with pre existing conditions can get insurance. That was a great idea they had apparently.

I'd just assume wait until after his re-election so the bickering about this ends.

I'd just assume wait until after his re-election so the bickering about this ends.
This is a nice Saturday morning treat from someone who has almost certainly remarked about how he wishes these immigrants would learn the language. You'd just assume, huh??

Reactions: nelly02
You're grasping at straws, it's no different. Using the power at your disposal is and has been used by both sides. To say any different is a lie. And yes, had the Democrats had control of the Senate in 2016 Garland would have been confirmed. To deny is is also a lie.
And he wasn’t nominated <60 days before the election was he?

Furthermore, if the GOP blocked Garland they should this time too

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
This is a nice Saturday morning treat from someone who has almost certainly remarked about how he wishes these immigrants would learn the language. You'd just assume, huh??

Fill your Bloody Mary cup, not words for someone else.

I’m surprised Schumer had the energy to issue a statement, after spending hours giving CPR to RBG.

The statement was confirmed in an election year. Which he was.
It doesn't matter. McConnell arbitrarily pulled a justification out of his ass because he could. There was no precedence.
Of course, that’s not the reason he stated in 2016. Then, he said...in February that the voters should have their say. Now, less than 50 days before the election, all of a sudden that doesn’t matter?

Stop with the “lie” garbage.

A Supreme Court confirmation and legislation are completely different scenarios. It’s not a lie, not an opinion, it’s a fact.

You guys can justify this by saying the Dens would do the same thing, but that’s just your opinion. What is fact is the GOP blocked Garland and now wants to jam through a new nominee.

Voting on legislation that requires both houses of Congress to pass and can be undone or modified at any time is NOT exactly the same as one chamber approving a lifetime SCOTUS appointee. You know it, so don't be stupid.

You're definitely right that Scalia's seat would have been filled in 2016 had Dems controlled the Senate, because that would have been the right thing to do. Moscow Mitch obstructing a vote for over a year was despicable.

I've been saying this to you little Con f*ckers ever since this came up - Go ahead and make your move. Just remember that those moves have consequences, and you very well could soon be looking at a blue WH, House, and Senate. Go ahead and give the Dems every reason to squash you. You feel lucky? Do ya, punk?

A U.S. Supreme Court justice being nominated by a President who has just been elected out of office and confirmed by a U.S. Senate that has just had its majority changed in that same election would be the most egregiously abusive horse-sh*t move by any part of the U.S. government in history.

I agree it would be horse crap if the GOP did this. If they're going to do it, then do it before the election.

Of course that article ignores that Mitch created a new precedent when he said voters should have in a say in this process. If you can rationalize holding a seat vacant when it comes open in February of an election year, then you have NO justification whatsoever to not follow that precedent when a vacancy appears less than two months out from the election.

doing otherwise is blatant hypocrisy.

Not sure now is the correct time for this statement, but I'm sure it's in response to Schumer.

He'd actually be helping his GOP Senators in tough races by delaying it; because conservatives will be more inclined to want Senate control in the next term then.

Slamming this through within weeks of the elections, with GOP candidates already struggling, while ignoring election protection legislation, Covid economic support, etc, may make things much more difficult to keep Senate control.

They likely think Biden is going to win anyway, and I tend to agree with that prediction.

This would help ensure the victories are a lot broader than just Biden.
And, the legislative payback would begin after that.

This would help ensure the victories are a lot broader than just Biden.
And, the legislative payback would begin after that.

Incumbent Senators trying to campaign will be stuck in confirmation hearings; this could significantly affect their re-election chances, if this is done in the next 45 days.

ADVERTISEMENT