ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell Says Nominee Will Get Voted On

$1000 dollar bet that Trump couldn’t succinctly define what a “constitutional textualist” is.

Reactions: mstp1992
Obama's 2016 comments are coming back to haunt the dems. Obama demanded the senate fill the supreme court vacancy-now he says they cant do it.

Lol

Again, on October 19, 2016 Barack Obama insisted the Senate confirm his SCOTUS nominee.

• Haha
Reactions: naturalmwa
It’s become readily apparent that Republicans are no longer a party of principle but of white angst, nationalism, racism, fascism, and corporate interests.
Lol

Can you make a post without attacking white people and capitalism ? I know you are a devout marxist, but give it a rest.

Obama's 2016 comments are coming back to haunt the dems. Obama demanded the senate fill the supreme court vacancy-now he says they cant do it.

Lol

Again, on October 19, 2016 Barack Obama insisted the Senate confirm his SCOTUS nominee.

You caught him! He tried to get a nominee through in an election year!

yes so whats wrong with Trump doing that now ?
Hope he gets a good deal for the seat. He shouldn't go home empty handed after saving the country from the demonrats. In fact demorat Rod Blagoevich (who he granted clemency to after her learned Rod was really treated very unfairly started it and maybe Obama had something to do with it).

Last edited:
The Supreme Court already has a conservative majority in place. Trump could do a lot to calm unrest in the country by allowing the vote to occur after the election. That at least gives the Democrats a chance to name the appointee. Personally, I’d prefer to see a left-leaning or moderate judge chosen, as a more balanced court is in theory a more objective court. With that said, Americans could learn a great deal about constructive conversation, argument and weighing decisions carefully by reviewing the processes of the Supreme Court. It’s a fascinating panel of people. I enjoyed reading case briefs and opinion statements from all of the justices a great deal in college.

Obama lacked the will of the people, his party lost the upcoming election.

Trump enjoys popular support and the will of the people.

Everyone expected Hillary to win. Even Trump.
Trump is behind in most all national polls currently.

Trump is up big

blm/antifa have handed the election to trump

this Supreme Court opening will give trump even further support

The Supreme Court already has a conservative majority in place. Trump could do a lot to calm unrest in the country by allowing the vote to occur after the election. That at least gives the Democrats a chance to name the appointee. Personally, I’d prefer to see a left-leaning or moderate judge chosen, as a more balanced court is in theory a more objective court.
Yep

You mean like the ACA? It was pushed through a Dem controlled Congress. You know, the 4 months that Obama had total control. Don't sit here and say the Democrats don't do the same thing because it's a flat out lie you hypocrite.
Don't be obtuse. It's one thing when you push your agenda when you have control...fine. Set the rules. But then when the same thing happens 4 years later, don't be hypocrites by changing them. Don't play both sides. If McConnell does this then I don't give a crap what the Democrats do for payback.

Your ACA example isn't anywhere near the same thing as what is happening. It would be more like the Republicans wanting ACA. The Democrats block it and say no way. Then 4 years later, with continued control, saying we are passing ACA...right at the point where the Republicans don't want it.

Trump enjoys popular support and the will of the people.
bwahaha.gif

Voting on legislation that requires both houses of Congress to pass and can be undone or modified at any time is NOT exactly the same as one chamber approving a lifetime SCOTUS appointee. You know it, so don't be stupid.

You're definitely right that Scalia's seat would have been filled in 2016 had Dems controlled the Senate, because that would have been the right thing to do. Moscow Mitch obstructing a vote for over a year was despicable.

I've been saying this to you little Con f*ckers ever since this came up - Go ahead and make your move. Just remember that those moves have consequences, and you very well could soon be looking at a blue WH, House, and Senate. Go ahead and give the Dems every reason to squash you. You feel lucky? Do ya, punk?
Aren't you precious, look at you playing internet tough guy. Don't worry, anything the Democrats do will be small potatoes. The last thing I'm worried about are threats from the weak.

Stop with the “lie” garbage.

A Supreme Court confirmation and legislation are completely different scenarios. It’s not a lie, not an opinion, it’s a fact.

You guys can justify this by saying the Dens would do the same thing, but that’s just your opinion. What is fact is the GOP blocked Garland and now wants to jam through a new nominee.
So you are saying Garland wouldn't have been confirmed if the Senate was Blue? That's bullshit and you know it.

This is cute liberals talking about principles when top Dems have said they won’t accept a Trump election victory. Might as well divide the country in half now. Liberals can have Nebraska.

Funny how hypocritical the 2 sides are. The Dems and Pubs have flipped sides on the exact same issue based on who is in power. They only want to follow rules and procedures when their side is in power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT