ADVERTISEMENT

Media Days - Frost

Just has never seemed to take responsibility for the program.

Seemed very parallel to Alford in the way he would throw players under the proverbial bus.

Especially in his first 1-2 years, he should have been running a tight ship, purging the guys who didn't want to buy in and building a culture.

His first game at Kinnick with their players jawing at Iowa players during warmups at the 50-yard line. You can tell he was trying to introduce Iowa to the 90's style of Huskers. Then he watched his team get physically manhandled. That game should have been a boat race. Oh well.

I dont now if Whipple will be successful at Nebraska, but it sounds like Narduzzi might be tough to coach under. He has had 5 OCs in 7 years. 2 left, 2 fired, and 1 resigned.

Guy was complaining about Whipple after Pitt won the ACC Title, #3 Scoring Offense int eh country at 41 pts a game, a Heismen contender, and the Biletnikoff winner.

Last edited:
Whipple was paid $476k last year at Pitt, and will make $875k this year at Nebraska. Its a two-year deal, and he will make $900k next year. He will be the highest paid Nebraska assistant.
I wonder if he even tried to leverage more $ out of Pitt before leaving. That being said decent chance he isn't there to coach a 2nd year if Frosty has another disappointing season.

Why? maybe he's planning to take his job...
Whipple is 65. Never going to be a HC. Last time Nebraska took an older coach ended up with mike Riley. But that still looks a lot better than the frosty tenure. Least Riley had 16’ season won 9 games. But be tough now on year 5 since frosty can’t throw any Riley players under the bus since they are all his now.

Whipple is 65. Never going to be a HC. Last time Nebraska took an older coach ended up with mike Riley. But that still looks a lot better than the frosty tenure. Least Riley had 16’ season won 9 games. But be tough now on year 5 since frosty can’t throw any Riley players under the bus since they are all his now.
that makes his move to Nebbie even more of a head-scratcher. Was he about to be canned at Pitt? Looking at his resume, he doesn't stay anywhere very long. 2 years at Pitt, 4 at UMass (his longest job), 1 with the Browns, 1 with Miami, 1 with the Eagles
BTW he has been a HC, that was his role at UMass (twice) and Brown.

that makes his move to Nebbie even more of a head-scratcher. Was he about to be canned at Pitt? Looking at his resume, he doesn't stay anywhere very long. 2 years at Pitt, 4 at UMass (his longest job), 1 with the Browns, 1 with Miami, 1 with the Eagles
BTW he has been a HC, that was his role at UMass (twice) and Brown.
Whipple is old and he's never been PAID in the way that Big Ten and SEC coordinators have in the past 5 years with AAV contracts in the $1m range. Worst case, he got a $2 million retirement bonus.

More than rumors, there's plenty of fire behind the smoke. I have clients in Lincoln who have verified and say it's common knowledge there. His personal life is as much of a train wreck as his professional...and in both cases it's self-inflicted.
Frost and his wife just had baby #3 in late June. The rumors of him banging a waitress at Gate 25 (bar) were made up as a troll attempt on another husker board. These rumors spread like wildfire all the way to the top and Frost had to address it with Alberts n co.

You mean to tell me Frost is going downtown Lincoln and banging coeds and no pictures have surfaced anywhere? The guy is a celebrity in Lincoln, pictures would be out the second he enters a bar. It’d be an Urban Meyer situation. His wife is a 10.5 to begin with, he don’t need college pussy. His wife Ashley has a public instagram and she posts the family regularly.

Frost and his wife just had baby #3 in late June. The rumors of him banging a waitress at Gate 25 (bar) were made up as a troll attempt on another husker board. These rumors spread like wildfire all the way to the top and Frost had to address it with Alberts n co.

You mean to tell me Frost is going downtown Lincoln and banging coeds and no pictures have surfaced anywhere? The guy is a celebrity in Lincoln, pictures would be out the second he enters a bar. It’d be an Urban Meyer situation. His wife is a 10.5 to begin with, he don’t need college pussy. His wife Ashley has a public instagram and she posts the family regularly.
Apparently my friend is one of the ones that would like to see him gone. He runs a biz in Lincoln and swears Frost has done some nasty sh**.

Why is he a celebrity? If he had that record at Iowa or anywhere else, he would be public enemy #1!

He used to be working in a grocery store keeping people from squeezing the Charmin.

Had a guy who sat in front of me tell me his daughter worked at a bar in Lincoln. She told him it was common knowledge he had another apartment he would take college girls. Had others on the lookout to not take photos or anything. Tried to pretend to be the good guy when they were drinking to make sure she got home safe.

I really wasn't sure what to think about this until now.
If this is his thing, why the f*ck did he ever leave UCF? Small upgrade in football but multilevel downgrade in coeds.

If this is his thing, why the f*ck did he ever leave UCF? Small upgrade in football but multilevel downgrade in coeds.
Ego. They were falling all over him to get him to take the job. He knew he'd be a demi-god if he returned to Lincoln. I'm sure he was convinced he could do at Nebraska what he did at UCF in 2017... but it wouldn't get overlooked in a P5 conference.

There's also the whole money thing. He went from roughly $2M/yr to $5M/yr

Ego. They were falling all over him to get him to take the job. He knew he'd be a demi-god if he returned to Lincoln. I'm sure he was convinced he could do at Nebraska what he did at UCF in 2017... but it wouldn't get overlooked in a P5 conference.

There's also the whole money thing. He went from roughly $2M/yr to $5M/yr
It will be fun seeing his ego take a hit once he gets fired from his alma mater. Forcing him to go to a non P5 school, if anyone will take him, or be an OC again.

Let me guess, you really struggle in life.

Lol, I already know the answer. You’re drinking too many Hamm’s. Time to step up your game boy!
Why to you feel the need to insult people who don't share your opinion? As the man said there's a HUGE difference between "cupcake", and " damn fine program", which absolutely NO one here said they were. Can you not carry on a conversation without attempting to prove your somehow superior?

ADVERTISEMENT