ADVERTISEMENT

Media is as thin-skinned as KF

With all the font changes in your post I would have to say you are the most thin skin of the everyone.
You could say you have…EMOTIONAL DAMAGE
Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

Read more books .... Bitching is not the same thing as having thin skin.

You're a bitch with thin skin.

The difference between Kirk’s and the Media’s thinned skin and the Fan’s is, The FANS are the frickin customer. The customer is always right .
The fans aka customers, are paying the freight. Kirk and the
Media need to do their job’s so those fans are interested in their products. Don’t complain about the fans.

Just listened to Kakert's latest podcast. For the nth time, Kakert and his guest express very critical comments about ... wait for it ... the FANS! Fans are the one party in any conversation regarding Iowa football that the media thinks can they can throw under the bus. Like it or not Iowa football media, you must own the perception that you do not ask NEAR enough tough questions of KF. That's a simple truth: Iowa fans are NOT calling you out ... Iowa fans are WATCHING it happen. Iowa fans are watching KF promote his son at a time when the program is in steep decline ... and the ONLY aspect in decline is the ONE aspect his son coaches.

Iowa's offense has SUCKED every year B's been OC. The best-rated Brian-coached offense was in the 80s. That was one year.

So after another horrible year of the offense, KF freaking PROMOTES Brian to QC.

This is all old news, but the fact is it took a trip to Ohio for these horrible decisions by KF to get the kind of attention they desperately need. Thus ... here's the thin skin:

KF's thin skin is seen when a media person actually does some journalism and asked KF about his son being the worst OC in the country.

Iowa beat's thin skin is seen when a media person actually does some journalism and asked KF about his son being the worst OC in the country.

KF attacks the media.

The media attacks the fans.

How about both of your a$$es do your job?
LOL!

I think it's pretty clear that you didn't even bother to listen to the podcast. You simply posted your own agenda and made things up to fit it. At least be truthful next time you post.

You don’t think the Iowa media ask Kirk about the Iowa offense, Spencer Petras, and Brian Ferentz? It happens all the time. I don’t know how many different ways you can frame questions about the offense sucking. It’s not like this is a new development. The questions have been asked, and Kirk, as always, has given the same vanilla answers. This has been a point of conversation since week one. What exactly are you expecting at this point?

What were the critical comments about the fans? Just curious. I’m guessing most of the criticism is warranted.
There weren't any critical comments about the fans. He's didn't even bother to listen to the podcast.

Reactions: hawkhockey
The OP has the thinnest skin of them all. Crying and whining about what was said on a football podcast.
And making things up too. Pretty amazing. The only people we were every remotely critical of were former players who were going on social media to be critical and that was based on conversations with Angerer, who posted something on his facebook page because he was not happy with former players doing that. I respect what Pat and Sean Considine said on the topic.

Last edited:
You can hear their voices trembling and them fumbling over words when they do, and they never follow up the way the OSU beat guy did. KF knows he owns them.
LOL! Yep, you have us figured out, guy hiding behind a fake handle.

Reactions: hawkhockey
Just listened to Kakert's latest podcast. For the nth time, Kakert and his guest express very critical comments about ... wait for it ... the FANS! Fans are the one party in any conversation regarding Iowa football that the media thinks can they can throw under the bus. Like it or not Iowa football media, you must own the perception that you do not ask NEAR enough tough questions of KF. That's a simple truth: Iowa fans are NOT calling you out ... Iowa fans are WATCHING it happen. Iowa fans are watching KF promote his son at a time when the program is in steep decline ... and the ONLY aspect in decline is the ONE aspect his son coaches.

Iowa's offense has SUCKED every year B's been OC. The best-rated Brian-coached offense was in the 80s. That was one year.

So after another horrible year of the offense, KF freaking PROMOTES Brian to QC.

This is all old news, but the fact is it took a trip to Ohio for these horrible decisions by KF to get the kind of attention they desperately need. Thus ... here's the thin skin:

KF's thin skin is seen when a media person actually does some journalism and asked KF about his son being the worst OC in the country.

Iowa beat's thin skin is seen when a media person actually does some journalism and asked KF about his son being the worst OC in the country.

KF attacks the media.

The media attacks the fans.

How about both of your a$$es do your job?
Someone say something?

Yep, you have us figured out fantasy podcast listener hiding behind a fake name.
I’m sure it’s easier for a reporter from another state such as Ohio to really ‘dig’ into a head coach.

But bottom line is he really stepped up in a big way with his tough line of questioning. That’s the kind of stuff the fans and supporters deserve to hear - it was like a breath of fresh air.

Get mad that people feel this way…whatever. But, Tom, people feel this way.

I’m sure it’s easier for a reporter from another state such as Ohio to really ‘dig’ into a head coach.

But bottom line is he really stepped up in a big way with his tough line of questioning. That’s the kind of stuff the fans and supporters deserve to hear - it was like a breath of fresh air.

Get mad that people feel this way…whatever. But, Tom, people feel this way.
Some fans want reporters to fight with Kirk. They want conflict when things aren't going well. They want the scene from A Few Good Men. Nearly all those questions had been asked in the past month by Iowa reporters in some form. He just took a harsher tone. Just like they have been with Iowa based reporters, the questions were fine to ask. The use of the term interrogation was not correct from Kirk on Tuesday. As I have said many times, questions are being asked here by Iowa reporters.

Some fans want reporters to fight with Kirk. They want conflict when things aren't going well. They want the scene from A Few Good Men. Nearly all those questions had been asked in the past month by Iowa reporters in some form. He just took a harsher tone. Just like they have been with Iowa based reporters, the questions were fine to ask. The use of the term interrogation was not correct from Kirk on Tuesday. As I have said many times, questions are being asked here by Iowa reporters.
If I've missed KF being asked about his post-season evaluation of BF's performance after 2021 and what factored into his decision that no personnel changes were necessary after finishing at or near the bottom of every offensive statistical category, I'd love a link or even just a general rundown of his response.

My Thought is why would Phil Parker want to stay? He could name his price and be on a championship team in a couple yrs. playing for titles.

ADVERTISEMENT