ADVERTISEMENT

Media OSU using Zach Smith to shift focus

HawkNole09

HR MVP
Sep 20, 2009
wont surprise me at all if Meyer squirts through the cracks. I feel like the narrative this whole week has been pushing us to focus on NOT Meyer.

Reactions: Wadzinator
wont surprise me at all if Meyer squirts through the cracks. I feel like the narrative this whole week has been pushing us to focus on NOT Meyer.
Someone is out on their ass whether it's the ad or um the incompetence around this whole mess is astounding somebody will be held accountable

And a federal investigation began Thursday of the wrestling program where an OSU sports physician allegedly was molesting wrestlers and other sordid allegations.

He was the one that did it, I guess he should get most of the focus. Imo

Calculated leaks. True Smith is the impetus for the entire thing, but he can't be the only fall guy. Put Meyer in front of a Senate hearing and bury him!

Reactions: Wadzinator
Hearing the late great Harry Carey call the Bucks game where robo vibrator is thrown on the field, that would be epic. Holy Cow!!

Like the senators have morals. Lol
Its more about publicly embarrassing Meyer and drawing his credibility into question. We all know compromised senators can't bring anyone or the right people to justice. Ollie North wasn't the only conspirator involved with Iran Contra. Hell he got off easy and has book deals and a tour bus now.

Urban is not going anywhere. The fact they haven't canned him yet means expect to see him back on the OSU sideline ...

Urban is not going anywhere. The fact they haven't canned him yet means expect to see him back on the OSU sideline ...

We're all just guessing at this point. The only thing that would save Meyer at this point is if there is proof that he reported the incidents to the administration in 2015 or whenever. Even at that, he still could have chosen to can Z. Smith, but he didn't. This was after already knowing he had issues at Florida when on his staff there. And he flat-out lied at Big Ten media days when asked directly about it (which he has "apologized for" in his statements released).

The reason all this time has passed without anything happening is the school is figuring out whether it has the goods to fire him with cause, which would mean he gets zip of his buyout. I don't see how in today's environment he is allowed to continue to coach. If he reported Z. Smith to the administration, he still chose to keep him on staff and all the other sordid details of what Z. Smith was doing have come out. At some point, you are responsible for those who report to you if you repeatedly ignore bad behavior.

My guess -- and it's only a guess -- is that Urban will be gone either way. It's just a matter of whether OSU is paying all, some or none of the buyout.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
We're all just guessing at this point. The only thing that would save Meyer at this point is if there is proof that he reported the incidents to the administration in 2015 or whenever. Even at that, he still could have chosen to can Z. Smith, but he didn't. This was after already knowing he had issues at Florida when on his staff there. And he flat-out lied at Big Ten media days when asked directly about it (which he has "apologized for" in his statements released).

The reason all this time has passed without anything happening is the school is figuring out whether it has the goods to fire him with cause, which would mean he gets zip of his buyout. I don't see how in today's environment he is allowed to continue to coach. If he reported Z. Smith to the administration, he still chose to keep him on staff and all the other sordid details of what Z. Smith was doing have come out. At some point, you are responsible for those who report to you if you repeatedly ignore bad behavior.

My guess -- and it's only a guess -- is that Urban will be gone either way. It's just a matter of whether OSU is paying all, some or none of the buyout.
I absolutely think Urban should be gone ... I just have a feeling he will be back ... OSU likes its football and national championships ... If they dump Urban, it may set them back a few years ... Now, if Urban was 7-5, 8-4, 7-5 over the last three years he would already be gone ...

I absolutely think Urban should be gone ... I just have a feeling he will be back ... OSU likes its football and national championships ... If they dump Urban, it may set them back a few years ... Now, if Urban was 7-5, 8-4, 7-5 over the last three years he would already be gone ...
I get where you're coming from, but I believe the last 3 or 4 coaches have like 80% winning percentages. OSU is the only big boy that hasn't had a significant drop off in winning at some time in the last few decades. Probably wouldn't be any different if Urb went away.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
How about when Gameday goes to Columbus next and Corso picks Ohio State. Out comes a massive vibrator helmet. Can't you see him jumping around like a big sex toy. lmao

In all seriousness, I don't see how Gameday can do a Buckeyes game this year, whether Meyer is retained or not. Can you imagine the nasty signs? With wife-beating and sex toys and wrestler molesting by a politician, there is just too much material for "creative" minds. There is just no way they could keep them all off camera. OSU-TCU is an ABC Prime Time game, but I just don't see how Gameday could do it.

I get where you're coming from, but I believe the last 3 or 4 coaches have like 80% winning percentages. OSU is the only big boy that hasn't had a significant drop off in winning at some time in the last few decades. Probably wouldn't be any different if Urb went away.
Good point ... they are firing on all cylinders from a recruiting standpoint ... Would be interesting to see who they would tap to fill his place if they did let him go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT