ADVERTISEMENT

Medicom can suck my

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
Balls. Internet went out last night and I just spent the better part of this morning on the phone with them trying to resolve the issue with no success. The earliest they can get a technician out is Friday the 29th. Perfect timing to be stuck at home and have YouTube TV. Might be time to hire more technicians if the soonest you can get someone out is 8 days in a world where everything is ran off the internet.

Ts and Ps to my sanity.

Balls. Internet went out last night and I just spent the better part of this morning on the phone with them trying to resolve the issue with no success. The earliest they can get a technician out is Friday the 29th. Perfect timing to be stuck at home and have YouTube TV. Might be time to hire more technicians if the soonest you can get someone out is 8 days in a world where everything is ran off the internet.

Ts and Ps to my sanity.
Use your phone and mirror on the tv.

Ts and Ps to my sanity.
I just told them that if their technician wasn’t here today the modem and receiver would be on my front steps. Someone was at my house that afternoon.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Another fun fact, we have unlimited data but are past the allowed GBs before it's slowed down. So the picture is awful and cuts out frequently.

No internet
Slow data on phone
Storm

3 strikes you're out. Time to drink.
Can you just up your data plan for a month?

Reactions: TJ8869
people still have Mediacom?
Not for long.
I just told them that if their technician wasn’t here today the modem and receiver would be on my front steps. Someone was at my house that afternoon.
Tried that. Told then to cancel my plan if they can't get someone out and he didn't flinch, was even transferred to a "manager". I'm guessing living in a town of 1000 in the middle of nowhere doesn't help.

So our town offers internet and can get it installed Monday. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I get double what the $150 plan offers through mediacom for $79.
7575y4.jpg

Ts and Ps to my sanity.
Snowstorm + Holidays = sucks to suck. Move to a warm state.

ouch, that's terrible

we get 60 M for $65
So basically I either stick with mediacom and their shitty service or switch to the local internet and get good service while getting bent over on price. That's a tough one.

Reactions: millah_22
Had Mediacom when I lived in Cedar Rapids and they absolutely suck. Unfortunately there were no competitors with fiber yet in the neighborhood so I was stuck with those bums. One of the worst companies I’ve ever dealt with.

So basically I either stick with mediacom and their shitty service or switch to the local internet and get good service while getting bent over on price. That's a tough one.

Are you sure the service is good with the other local Internet provider?

I dumped Mediacom as soon as Metronet Fiber finished the install this summer in my neighborhood in IC. Got a slightly better deal with them for 500mb service over ImOn. Haven't had a single outage and the speed is rock solid.

Reactions: QChawks
I dumped Mediacom as soon as Metronet Fiber finished the install this summer in my neighborhood in IC. Got a slightly better deal with them for 500mb service over ImOn. Haven't had a single outage and the speed is rock solid.
a lot of our neighbors have Metronet and say the same thing

we have a different local fiber service only because it was before they put in Metronet and it’s about 25% cheaper

Are you sure the service is good with the other local Internet provider?
My parents and sister have it and don't have issues. I also just found out it's a cooperative so you get a dividend check every year, so that will cut the cost down as well. I am making the switch Monday.

See ya later mediacom, ya fuxking idiots. I called them one last time and said I was making a switch to my local provider and I'll have the hardware on my doorstep for them if they couldn't get to me by tomorrow at the latest. They said peace out.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT