ADVERTISEMENT

Medicom can suck my

Use a mobile hotspot. Or add one -- usually ca be done as an option online -- temporarily if you don't have one.
Used mine up last night watching the bowl game and then some hoops after. Got a text saying I used up all my mobile hotspot data. It lasted about 4 hours. Saving the wife's so the kid has something to watch at night at least. We're going Amish for Christmas. Thinking about cutting the power as well to really dig in.

I finally dumped mediacom earlier this year after my internet started to constantly go down and would take several days for a tech to come out. The data cap though, I had the '1 Gig' plan and something like a 6000GB cap, nothing that ever came close to hitting. Finally switched over to Southslope here, have yet to have a disconnect and no data cap crap. I do remember one crappy winter day last year where my mediacom went out, I went outside and the box on the side of the house was full of snow. Opened it and cleared out the snow that had gotten inside, made sure the cable was secure and everything came back. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or was just luck.

Pretty much. I've called quite a few places and talked to some other people in town. Unfortunately options are limited in a small rural town.
My oldest has Router 12 there and seems to have had good luck with them. On the very few instances he's had issues, they're there next morning at the worst and usually same day. Residential only goes up to 50M though.

Reactions: Derekd3408
I dumped Mediacom as soon as Metronet Fiber finished the install this summer in my neighborhood in IC. Got a slightly better deal with them for 500mb service over ImOn. Haven't had a single outage and the speed is rock solid.
Derek likely can't get Metronet because the city council would have to approve it, and as he indicated they have a local service and likely don't want to compete with Metronet.

Used mine up last night watching the bowl game and then some hoops after. Got a text saying I used up all my mobile hotspot data. It lasted about 4 hours. Saving the wife's so the kid has something to watch at night at least. We're going Amish for Christmas. Thinking about cutting the power as well to really dig in.
You can usually buy more GBs for a fixed cost.

Balls. Internet went out last night and I just spent the better part of this morning on the phone with them trying to resolve the issue with no success. The earliest they can get a technician out is Friday the 29th. Perfect timing to be stuck at home and have YouTube TV. Might be time to hire more technicians if the soonest you can get someone out is 8 days in a world where everything is ran off the internet.

Ts and Ps to my sanity.
Balls. Every post should start with Balls.

I've heard mediacom sucks but living in BFE has drawbacks for sure. Best of luck OP

When I lived in Iowa I was happy to stay in the areas that South Slope had internet. Didn't have any issues with them.

Another fun fact, we have unlimited data but are past the allowed GBs before it's slowed down. So the picture is awful and cuts out frequently.

No internet
Slow data on phone
Storm

3 strikes you're out. Time to drink.
And bang the wife.

I'll be telling Mediacom to **** themselves here in about a month when I make the move up to CF. I'm actually really goddamn excited to do that. Mediacom friggin sucks.

Today was the day for the switch to local Internet. Wife is out of town for the next few days and decided she wanted to get on the road a little earlier today and called and rescheduled.....next available date was Friday. So I'm currently without TV for two more days and considering divorce.

Today was the day for the switch to local Internet. Wife is out of town for the next few days and decided she wanted to get on the road a little earlier today and called and rescheduled.....next available date was Friday. So I'm currently without TV for two more days and considering divorce.
I’m still waiting for her to get here. Wtf is taking so long?

My options are limited in Cumming, so use CenturyLink for Internet and DirecTV. If my tv goes out in the final minute of a tie super bowl because of a storm, that also takes out the Internet for some reason, I'll still have a big smile on my face knowing I'll never give another goddamn cent to Mediacom.

ADVERTISEMENT