ADVERTISEMENT

Meet your new AD

From the article, her old role, senior associate athletic director, warrants a national search to find a suitable replacement but we look no further than our backyard for an OC. Another, in a long list of questionable decisions, Gary barta, aka George Castanza has made. I hope he was smart enough to at least post this position before promoting her.

From the article, her old role, senior associate athletic director, warrants a national search to find a suitable replacement but we look no further than our backyard for an OC. Another, in a long list of questionable decisions, Gary barta, aka George Castanza has made. I hope he was smart enough to at least post this position before promoting her.

Because an offensive coordinator is exactly like an associate athletic director. Wtf

Right, organizations never hire internally and if they happen to it's always a failure.

tiresome narrative is tiresome

Plausible scenario from the OP... my wish would be to go get Plonsky from Texas. Other thought, UI President is non-traditional himself as a university president and he might throw a curve ball on the next hire.

I think, given the current situation and the trajectory we are set on going forward, that perhaps our best course of action would be...................

To name EvilMonkeyInTheCloset as the new and acting AD and give him full power and proxy to run the University of Iowa Athletic Department as he sees fit!

Plausible scenario from the OP... my wish would be to go get Plonsky from Texas. Other thought, UI President is non-traditional himself as a university president and he might throw a curve ball on the next hire.
There is absolutely zero chance that a female gets passed over for the athletic director job. After that ridiculous Jane Meyer lawsuit Fiasco? Not a chance.

You won't be able to fire or Passover a woman a minority or anyone that dates or is married to someone of the same sex, possibly ever again.

After speaking to one of the coaches the other day there are some really pissed off people about that Meyer verdict and rightfully so. Our country is turning completely to shit because of ignorant crap like this

Barta is going to be railroaded out of here and the OP is absolutely correct we already know who the next AD at Iowa is

Railroaded? You believe GB is/was a victim in all this.
Well it sure isn't Jane ****ing Meyer. EVERYBODY hated that crazy bitch, but she played the ridiculous system to get paid. And here we are, getting ready to pay another system playing psycho, who actually TOLD her student to kill herself!? WTF!.
I'd say Bart's is more of a victim than either one of these gold diggers.
And yes, I know he has screwed up plenty, including not documenting when he easily could have.
I'm just sayin'.....

Railroaded? You believe GB is/was a victim in all this.
He will be. He did nothing worthy of being fired that came out in that trial. That trial was a ****ing leftist Witch Hunt and should set off alarm bells for everybody about how screwed we are as a country

Jane Meyer should have been fired a long time ago and actually the University should file a lawsuit against her for sabotaging the athletic department in particular baseball

He will be. He did nothing worthy of being fired that came out in that trial. That trial was a ****ing leftist Witch Hunt and should set off alarm bells for everybody about how screwed we are as a country

Jane Meyer should have been fired a long time ago and actually the University should file a lawsuit against her for sabotaging the athletic department in particular baseball

Don't get me wrong philosophically I am with you regarding the plaintiff. It's just my entry level supervisors demonstrated more leadership skills than dim witted gb. He deserves all the blowback he gets.

Well it sure isn't Jane ****ing Meyer. EVERYBODY hated that crazy bitch, but she played the ridiculous system to get paid. And here we are, getting ready to pay another system playing psycho, who actually TOLD her student to kill herself!? WTF!.
I'd say Bart's is more of a victim than either one of these gold diggers.
And yes, I know he has screwed up plenty, including not documenting when he easily could have.
I'm just sayin'.....

The problem is that you cant just sweep aside his administrative shortcomings. Those can really come back and bite you...and bite him they did.

It won't happen until the conclusion of the Griesbaum trial, when the University's humiliation will be in full bloom.

If she's a lesbian, she's in.

And.................if she's the best candidate, I say hire her. But I don't think Barta will get the boot.

Should hire James Comey, apparently he's very good at keeping things documented - especially conversations that make him uneasy!

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
You're goddamn right I'd make sure BAU is commonplace around here. And I'd start by making sure that not only would Iowa have a men's hockey team, but that the standards set under the BAU guidelines continue to be met by the baseball program going into the future.
+1. One of the next AD's major agendas should be fielding a D1 Varsity hockey program at Iowa.

I completely agree with you. It is scary what this country has come to. She should have been fired. That said, GB should understand the world we are living in, heck most of the posters here understand it. If he can't figure that out than he should probably be replaced.

My only fear is the U of I goes in the opposite direction and hires some female women's rights crusaders that sets about tearing down the men's programs.

Scary, I tell ya. Scary! Lots to fear in all this. Fear, fear, fear. Be very afraid. Barta's shaky ground is yet another sign--ANOTHER sign!--that this country is going straight to h__. Believe it! Probably too late, actually. All because of commie leftest women in the workplace. They're all commie leftists, ya know, these women. Commies. Leftists. Leftist commies are behind every evil thing in this world. Every evil thing, I tell ya! If only we could go back to the 1950s we'd all be safer and better off. Scary, I tell ya. Scary!

Scary, I tell ya. Scary! Lots to fear in all this. Fear, fear, fear. Be very afraid. Barta's shaky ground is yet another sign--ANOTHER sign!--that this country is going straight to h__. Believe it! Probably too late, actually. All because of commie leftest women in the workplace. They're all commie leftists, ya know, these women. Commies. Leftists. Leftist commies are behind every evil thing in this world. Every evil thing, I tell ya! If only we could go back to the 1950s we'd all be safer and better off. Scary, I tell ya. Scary!
What? Evil? Where!? :cool:

It's not surprising that Ms. Burke is rising in the Iowa AD. She worked for Gary Barta when he was the AD at Wyoming.

I heard that they might try to turn Iowa into a liberal university. *shudder*

It looks like Barta is surviving. Wow...count me as surprised. I would guess Burke will basically be the AD for women now and Barta will stay as far away as possible.

It looks like Barta is surviving. Wow...count me as surprised. I would guess Burke will basically be the AD for women now and Barta will stay as far away as possible.

I guess i didn't think Barta would be in danger. Obviously an issue in several different departments on this on including HR. If i were to guess Meyer pissed off donors directly or indirectly by pissing off KF , TB et al. I wouldn't be surprised if the $ 6.5M finds its way back to the U of I in short order. ( we will never know) but imo Barta was covered. As other posters have said the Ath. Department is strong financially - that comes down to the relationships Barta has developed or continued to cultivate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT