ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting in Iowa City

Reymundo

HR All-State
Oct 22, 2002
Is there an organized event happening this weekend? Per Twitter, Gabe Arnold and his parents heading to Iowa City yesterday. Aiden Riggins and his parents heading to Iowa City today.

Reactions: el dub
kind of partial to the casey's lobster, i think they bring it in fresh everyday.
I love their big aquariums full of live lobster and crabs. Didn’t figure out they have tiki-torch, pirate themed bas/restaurants in the basement until recently.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
kind of partial to the casey's lobster, i think they bring it in fresh everyday.
I’ll be honest, we went in this evening. I was REALLY disappointed. Casey’s used to have the best freaking king crab. All they had was dungeness. What the hell? Just settled for a slice. It’s just hits different there.

(And for all the lames that don’t understand “hits different”, that’s an urban saying when something is really good, but different from the norm!). I encourage some of “you people” to use it in some of the future posts. And yes, I TOTALLY meant “you people”.

Headed back to JawGA in the morning! GO HAWKS!’

I’ll be honest, we went in this evening. I was REALLY disappointed. Casey’s used to have the best freaking king crab. All they had was dungeness. What the hell? Just settled for a slice. It’s just hits different there.

(And for all the lames that don’t understand “hits different”, that’s an urban saying when something is really good, but different from the norm!). I encourage some of “you people” to use it in some of the future posts. And yes, I TOTALLY meant “you people”.

I think there's an all around shortage of king crab now. The population sort of crashed last year and they aren't allowing much commercial fishing for them.

I thought "hits different" was used to describe a gay guy in a fight. :) I guess there is a difference between the "urban" meaning and the 'country folk" meaning. Y'all had better be careful where you use the term. :)

Notice, I am not so uncouth as to use a phrase like "you people". :cool:
Naw…. Hits different refers to types of cannabis smoking devices.

Naw…. Hits different refers to types of cannabis smoking devices.
I wonder, if by birth I would be "county", but demographic be considered "urban"? I could then be "Urban Country". Since I'll be spending a lot of time in Iowa City, I would be happy to serve as an interpreter on either front for those not "in the know".

I wonder, if by birth I would be "county", but demographic be considered "urban"? I could then be "Urban Country". Since I'll be spending a lot of time in Iowa City, I would be happy to serve as an interpreter on either front for those not "in the know".
How would, “I’d hit that,” translate?

Well, in JawGA country, that would be, "She gotta purdy mouth"....
No cap, a gurl wit a purdy mouth ain’t no buckhead Betty.

No cap, and buckhead Betty are just a few of the JawGa slang I’ve picked up on my short stops in that great state. Another one is…” ain’t seen you in a brick” which I guess means a long time. I’m still not sure on that one. Haha.

A cultural translator, perhaps? (I’m picturing an “urban,” recruit sharing glances with you for reassurance when Tommy fires up a chainsaw after a first breakfast in IC.)

• Haha
Reactions: ao_coachphil
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ping72 and el dub
okay Ill be "that Guy"... Isn't that Banjo playing fella now all growed up and is now The President ? I saw it on the interweb and that means that its true.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
okay Ill be "that Guy"... Isn't that Banjo playing fella now all growed up and is now The President ? I saw it on the interweb and that means that its true.
Actually Billy Redden is the guy's name. and YES, he is actually from Georgia. I'm not sure if he is still in GA or not, but has appeared in a few other movies since the role he is most known for. I remember him most from Big Fish.

A little Georgia slang I picked up while in the great state-
"Tearin' up Jack" and the "Devil is beating his wife" Can anyone translate?

Actually Billy Redden is the guy's name. and YES, he is actually from Georgia. I'm not sure if he is still in GA or not, but has appeared in a few other movies since the role he is most known for. I remember him most from Big Fish.
According to the PI we hired, he lives in Dillard, JAWGA and works at Walmart.

A little Georgia slang I picked up while in the great state-
"Tearin' up Jack" and the "Devil is beating his wife" Can anyone translate?
Come on Gimme a challenge. "Tearing up Jack", means "starting some sh*#"! In a sentence: Yo! you need to go get you chillin, that at the school Tearin up Jack, and that teacher ain't havin in.

As for "Devil is beating his wife", That's a weather thing. Usually it's raining, but the sun is up and bright.

Here's one for ya, "ustacould".....

Come on Gimme a challenge. "Tearing up Jack", means "starting some sh*#"! In a sentence: Yo! you need to go get you chillin, that at the school Tearin up Jack, and that teacher ain't havin in.

As for "Devil is beating his wife", That's a weather thing. Usually it's raining, but the sun is up and bright.

I figured you could do that, but I was hoping some of the others would give it a try. I only was passing thru Georgia and heard it on the radio. I
Also, I have no idea what "ustacould" means. I have so much to learn....

I ustacould do a pretty mean lateral drop, but not any more. Here’s some pretty good South Los Angeles slang. Whoopti-Woo, Bompton Banoe and Peanut Butter Ball.

Peanut butter ball = Phenobarbital (the seizure medication)
As in “Sir do you take any prescribed medication?” “Yeah, I’m on that peanut butter ball”

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Peanut butter ball = Phenobarbital (the seizure medication)
As in “Sir do you take any prescribed medication?” “Yeah, I’m on that peanut butter ball”
Sitting by my gold fish bowl
popping peanut butter balls.
Life is so beautiful,
I’ve gone mental…. The Ramones

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT