ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Gustafson / Dallas Wings Finish their Season at 10 Wins, 24 Losses (T-2nd worst WNBA Record)

Sounds like Bluder's system did Megan no favors:

* Megan played down low, with her back to the basket

* Iowa played zone defense and Megan was lacking on the defensive end when it came to the WNBA level

Reactions: EvergreenHawk
Megan is stuck on 6 points.

Her Stats at the Half:
6 points
10 minutes
2-4 FGs
0-1 from 3 point range
2-2 FTs
4 Rebounds (2 Off, 2 Def)
1 Turnover

At the Half, the Score:
34 Dallas
49 Las Vegas

Last edited:
Except that Megan dominated in Bluder's system.

Bluder's first objective is winning at Iowa....not trying to get her players ready for the WNBA.

* Iowa played zone defense and Megan was lacking on the defensive end when it came to the WNBA level

She’s due for more minutes after tonight. Megan was on fire coming on at the end of that first quarter. Dallas was better with her in the lineup. 7 points, 8 boards, in 17 minutes. Plaisance starting over her had 6 points, 0 boards in 14 minutes.

as a team, Dallas shot poorly tonight.

06-31 (19%) from 3
16-46 (35%) made 2 pt FGs

Except that Megan dominated in Bluder's system.

Bluder's first objective is winning at Iowa....not trying to get her players ready for the WNBA.
yeah, i get it.

the announcers were trying to explain how/why Megan got cut; she was having a hard time making that jump from the college level to the pro level

She utilized her skills to dominate college basketball in Bluders system. She got the ball and put up a quick shot.

Her team is 2-6. If they draft a player and cut them in 2-3 weeks that tells me all I need to know about a franchise being in last place.
yeah, Dallas is bad. Their best player from last year (a center) wanted out & forced a trade to Las Vegas.

I believe the math of the WNBA is this: 12 teams with 12 roster spots. 144 jobs, that's it.

It will be interesting to see what happens w/ Megan this year and moving forward.

yeah, Dallas is bad. Their best player from last year (a center) wanted out & forced a trade to Las Vegas.

I believe the math of the WNBA is this: 12 teams with 12 roster spots. 144 jobs, that's it.

It will be interesting to see what happens w/ Megan this year and moving forward.

It’s very possible she won’t be able to fully transition to this level but it would be nice to see her get the opportunity to try... which it looks like she is now getting. You know she will make every effort to make it.

It’s very possible she won’t be able to fully transition to this level but it would be nice to see her get the opportunity to try... which it looks like she is now getting. You know she will make every effort to make it.
it was kinda cool to see her shoot that 3; wish she had made it ;)

Lots of people miss threes, but nobody has ever made one they didn't take.

Reactions: sob5
Megan will go overseas this winter and improve her game at the pro-level both inside & outside. In the WNBA it is about getting on a team where she will fit, Dallas has a lot of F-C's on their roster with pro experience already & coach Brian Agler has a history of not running rookies all that much. I had hoped Atlanta would have drafted her as they could use someone with her skill & tenacity inside.

I believe Megan can shoot the 3 and once she begins to make them, watch out. I would not want to underestimate what Megan can achieve. Who knows? Maybe WNBA Rookie of the Year! Think positive!

I forgot who the poster was that said MG wasn't good enough for the wnba and made fun of me when I said I was shocked when she was cut. I watched MG play many times this year and thought man if she can't play in the pros I don't know who can.

To that poster....kiss my butt :mad:

It wasn't me, but watching Dallas' helter skelter offense early on, I questioned whether Megan could fit in. After watching her the last couple of games, she seems to be doing ok, and if they would run some offense that would involve her, I think she would do ok.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Lots of people miss threes, but nobody has ever made one they didn't take.
I’ve seen some crazy saving-the-ball-from-going-out-of-bounds type plays that counted for 3 and I don’t think the player meant to put up a 3, but I get your point.

Dallas plays tonight at 7 on NBA TV.

If you use the game link at the end of this post, make sure you have an ad blocker installed on your device before clicking on this link.

2 good ad blockers (google these terms):
* Ad Block Plus
* U Block Origin

LINK to tonight's game: http://wiz1.net/channel45?61612516

D-Bp3ALX4AACyYX.jpg

Last edited:
She scored on the first two possessions after she entered the game.

Interesting second half. The player to the far left was from Iowa State. The player to the far right was from Iowa. Neither got their warmups off.

Interesting second half. The player to the far left was from Iowa State. The player to the far right was from Iowa. Neither got their warmups off.
There were two Dallas possessions in the 2nd quarter where I heard the Dallas coach yelling "Megan" with the implication that she wasn't where she was supposed to be. She was down low and they apparently wanted her out high. Within a minute or so of the second one, she came out and never got back in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT