ADVERTISEMENT

Megyn Kelly on Real Time with Bill Maher

Big Hawk D-Port

HR Heisman
Nov 29, 2004
Real Time for me has always been one of the better political shows for me, even though I lean right. There is an unfiltered character of the show that I think is authentic in a way Meet The Press or other like it are not.

So Megyn Kelly is on last night talking about pulling her kids out of NYC schools based on critical race theory ideas gone completely off the rails. Maher agreed as I think any reasonable person would.

The reaction to this on Twitter was a amazing. Basically Bill Maher is now “part of the problem” and white people are evilif they don’t want their kindergarten children activated.

I’m not sure when I became the crazy one. This stuff is insane and eye opening for me as a parent of a 3rd grader and 5th grader.

I probably agree with Bill Maher more than any other political commentator. He calls both sides out and is pretty reasonable most of the time.
This.

Sorry but this should be considered a bat shit crazy thing to teach kids in school.

3a5ebef48599fa00ad183932c0686fb1

Seems like a no brainer to me and was the main point of contention during the interview....

Fauxrage, and willing to use her kids as props. If she hadn't sucked on MSNBC and NBC she wouldn't have to be a victim to get attention to resurrect her career.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
Maher often brings up what I believe is the biggest problem in America right now. At some point it stopped being OK to disagree with someone. People aren’t having these conversations to attempt to show the other person another viewpoint or in small instances, change their mind. It is a name calling, condescending battle to the death to prove not just how right one person is, but how horrible and ignorant the other person is. It’s not enough to disagree, we now need to look down on what we see as an opponent. I have certainly fallen down this rabbit hole myself.

Last edited:
The “ left” is no different than the “ right”...the difference from my perspective is that I will oppose most of this stuff....From my vantage point, the problem of the “right” is that they have enabled most of their crap...and enabled a nut-job like Trump to take control. Demagogues like Trump are very dangerous to a nation such as America.

Fauxrage, and willing to use her kids as props. If she hadn't sucked on MSNBC and NBC she wouldn't have to be a victim to get attention to resurrect her career.

Your opinion of her as a journalist is not related to the question being addressed. Bill Maher asked her to be on the show to give the reasons behind why she and her husband pulled her children out of the New York school system. Based on what I heard, I would be concerned as well.

As someone with grade school kids, this trend is much more relevant to me than most of what constitutes political discussion these days.

And it would be another thing entirely if we all agreed that a kindergartner being asked to write a letter to the Cleveland Indians objecting to their mascot was insane. Unfortunately there is an organized attempt to push this point of view in public schools on kids that can’t even read yet.

Real Time for me has always been one of the better political shows for me, even though I lean right. There is an unfiltered character of the show that I think is authentic in a way Meet The Press or other like it are not.

So Megyn Kelly is on last night talking about pulling her kids out of NYC schools based on critical race theory ideas gone completely off the rails. Maher agreed as I think any reasonable person would.

The reaction to this on Twitter was a amazing. Basically Bill Maher is now “part of the problem” and white people are evilif they don’t want their kindergarten children activated.

I’m not sure when I became the crazy one. This stuff is insane and eye opening for me as a parent of a 3rd grader and 5th grader.

First off, love Bill Maher. Saw him at the Civic Center in Des Moines a few years back. I love intelligent humor and people who have the courage to tell it like it is.

I'm very left leaning and find this stuff absolutely ridiculous and counterproductive. I'm especially appalled that kids are being subjected to it. Sane people on the left need to have the same visceral reaction to this that we expected of sane people on the right to have toward Trump.

The “ left” is no different than the “ right”...the difference from my perspective is that I will oppose most of this stuff....From my vantage point, the problem of the “right” is that they have enabled most of their crap...and enabled a nut-job like Trump to take control. Demagogues like Trump are very dangerous to a nation such as America.

You're right. But if we expected sane people on the right to speak out against Trump, lefties need to be consistent and speak out against something so stupid (and harmful to kids).

You don’t think teaching grade school kids this type of stuff isn’t going to be detrimental to America? I’d go as far as to say it will cause longer lasting damage than Trump. I think Trump is going to fade, at least I hope to God. His die hard following is smaller than the media wants you to believe.

Reactions: TennNole17
Unfortunately, this is what feeds the mental idiots on the far right. This is their rally cry and almost vindicates their hatred in their minds.

I agree. This type of libturd idiocy only feeds the paranoia that white heterosexual males are being persecuted in America. While that may be hyperbole at this point, the trend is going in a dangerous direction that IMO justifies a lot of their concerns.

Who were the adults that came up with those beyond ridiculous curriculum for those NYC. Students??? As a teacher, that’s embarrassing to see. One lesson example they talked about was to have kindergartners write to the Cleveland Indians objecting to their mascot! That’s a basket full of ridiculous!!

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I agree. This type of libturd idiocy only feeds the paranoia that white heterosexual males are being persecuted in America. While that may be hyperbole at this point, the trend is going in a dangerous direction that IMO justifies a lot of their concerns.

Ummm...it's not paranoia when the stuff that is actually being taught is as radical as what was evidenced in just this short clip.

Wow. I did not see it but saw the Twitter reaction. After watching that, I agree with Kelly and Maher.
First off, love Bill Maher. Saw him at the Civic Center in Des Moines a few years back. I love intelligent humor and people who have the courage to tell it like it is.

I'm very left leaning and find this stuff absolutely ridiculous and counterproductive. I'm especially appalled that kids are being subjected to it. Sane people on the left need to have the same visceral reaction to this that we expected of sane people on the right to have toward Trump.
Matt Taibbi is another liberal critical to this approach, and at this age. As usual, the NYC school system is going about this all wrong.

Who were the adults that came up with those beyond ridiculous curriculum for those NYC. Students??? As a teacher, that’s embarrassing to see. One lesson example they talked about was to have kindergartners write to the Cleveland Indians objecting to their mascot! That’s a basket full of ridiculous!!

When I was in approx 6th grade there was a Hardees coming to town. They were going to cut down a large mature tree on Main Street at the location. We were forced to write a letter to Hardee's to save the tree or not. We weren't forced to take the side of saving the tree but this was a Science class and it was pretty well implied on what side you should take. At that age in small town Iowa I didn't give a hoot about the tree. I just wanted Hardee's to come to town. I still wrote that I wanted to keep the tree because I wanted to appease my teacher and I was worried what would happen if I didn't take that stance. Anyways CSB. Just made me think of it. With my oldest in kindergarten this Cleveland Indian example is crazy.

You don’t think teaching grade school kids this type of stuff isn’t going to be detrimental to America? I’d go as far as to say it will cause longer lasting damage than Trump. I think Trump is going to fade, at least I hope to God. His die hard following is smaller than the media wants you to believe.
What did I say? Jeeeeebus...
Many of us you folks call “left” are nothing more than old time Democrats...or even Ike Republicans. Their is every bit a left counter-culture that sees a racist in all of us as there is a right counter-culture that sees where America as this world’s only salvation. Both points of view are dead-assed wrong fro the most part. A move in either direction is a mistake.
What I see in more and more “Republicans” is a move to the Lincoln Rockwell right. Idiots like old Senator Joe are becoming more and more mainstream...and being encouraged by the party’s base to be more and more outlandish. I don’t see that with most Democrats, honestly. I see more folks that wanna work within the framework of our government and look to move things more centrist. Exceptions..absolutely. But look at the Dems House and Senate leadership and you see pragmatic not dogmatic. Look at the WH and it’s more of the same. There are left fringes there to be sure...just not in any control.

What did I say? Jeeeeebus...
Many of us you folks call “left” are nothing more than old time Democrats...or even Ike Republicans. Their is every bit a left counter-culture that sees a racist in all of us as there is a right counter-culture that sees where America as this world’s only salvation. Both points of view are dead-assed wrong fro the most part. A move in either direction is a mistake.
What I see in more and more “Republicans” is a move to the Lincoln Rockwell right. Idiots like old Senator Joe are becoming more and more mainstream...and being encouraged by the party’s base to be more and more outlandish. I don’t see that with most Democrats, honestly. I see more folks that wanna work within the framework of our government and look to move things more centrist. Exceptions..absolutely. But look at the Dems House and Senate leadership and you see pragmatic not dogmatic. Look at the WH and it’s more of the same. There are left fringes there to be sure...just not in any control.
They are in control of public school systems, clearly.

[/QUOTE
The Cleveland Indians Chief Wahoo logo controversy might be the biggest waste of energy this nation has ever undertook! Holy Shit! Gimme the Chief!
I understand the “ Redskin” nickname...that is totally offensive...but Cleveland Indians...and Chief Wahoo...my goodness, where has America gone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT