ADVERTISEMENT

Megyn Kelly on Real Time with Bill Maher

Ummm...it's not paranoia when the stuff that is actually being taught is as radical as what was evidenced in just this short clip.
The radical behavior is occurring far too often on both sides lately.

This is why I am a HUGE fan of establishment politicians. They don't rock the boat like Trump and his supporters or Bernie and some of his supporters. Both of those bases aren't interested in actual change. They just wanna feel good, albeit in different ways.

Give me a Biden or a Bush any day over those two (and yes I realize both Biden and Bush are mediocre Presidents).

Maher and Kelly seem very, very reasonable here. IMO, if public schools keep up this indoctrination they will be committing suicide, as parents will finally have had enough and will revolt. Public schools should be teaching academics, not ideology.

this was a private school

Simple solution. Sane liberals have to denounce this crap and take away their rallying cry.
I think it would help immensely if people stopped labeling themselves as being a liberal OR a conservative. The reason being is simple; NO ONE is a liberal OR a conservative ALL THE TIME. You're only one or the other based on who else is participating in the collective experience at a given time.

The key is to have a balance- to be some of both and never all one or the other, even to yourself! When you drive a car, you don't constantly press the gas pedal. You brake sometimes, and you gas sometimes!

When I'm around "religious people", and we discuss religion, they think I'm an atheist. When I am around atheists, then I sound like a "religious person" to the atheists. That is how I know that I have myself in a balanced understanding!

The same goes with social and political subjects, and groups. If I'm in a group who believe themselves to be mostly "conservative", then I will seem like the liberal to them. And, if it's an allegedly liberal group, I'll probably seem more conservative to them. It's not something I TRY to do, it just turns out that way, almost effortlessly.

When I was in approx 6th grade there was a Hardees coming to town. They were going to cut down a large mature tree on Main Street at the location. We were forced to write a letter to Hardee's to save the tree or not. We weren't forced to take the side of saving the tree but this was a Science class and it was pretty well implied on what side you should take. At that age in small town Iowa I didn't give a hoot about the tree. I just wanted Hardee's to come to town. I still wrote that I wanted to keep the tree because I wanted to appease my teacher and I was worried what would happen if I didn't take that stance. Anyways CSB. Just made me think of it. With my oldest in kindergarten this Cleveland Indian example is crazy.
Did you get a Hardee's or not?

This.

Sorry but this should be considered a bat shit crazy thing to teach kids in school.

3a5ebef48599fa00ad183932c0686fb1

Seems like a no brainer to me and was the main point of contention during the interview....
And if you are a white girl, you have to sleep with black guys, that is the only way to assuage your guilt and culpability.

The radical behavior is occurring far too often on both sides lately.

This is why I am a HUGE fan of establishment politicians. They don't rock the boat like Trump and his supporters or Bernie and some of his supporters. Both of those bases aren't interested in actual change. They just wanna feel good, albeit in different ways.

Give me a Biden or a Bush any day over those two (and yes I realize both Biden and Bush are mediocre Presidents).

Definitely agree with the bolded section, but I am not sure that I agree fully with the yearn for establishment pols...but yes, definitely better than the extremes we seem to see so much more these days.

Reactions: goldmom
What did I say? Jeeeeebus...
Many of us you folks call “left” are nothing more than old time Democrats...or even Ike Republicans. Their is every bit a left counter-culture that sees a racist in all of us as there is a right counter-culture that sees where America as this world’s only salvation. Both points of view are dead-assed wrong fro the most part. A move in either direction is a mistake.
What I see in more and more “Republicans” is a move to the Lincoln Rockwell right. Idiots like old Senator Joe are becoming more and more mainstream...and being encouraged by the party’s base to be more and more outlandish. I don’t see that with most Democrats, honestly. I see more folks that wanna work within the framework of our government and look to move things more centrist. Exceptions..absolutely. But look at the Dems House and Senate leadership and you see pragmatic not dogmatic. Look at the WH and it’s more of the same. There are left fringes there to be sure...just not in any control.
I read it as you saying the right is more detrimental to the US than the fringe left. Is that not what you meant? My apologies if I read it wrong.

Definitely agree with the bolded section, but I am not sure that I agree fully with the yearn for establishment pols...but yes, definitely better than the extremes we seem to see so much more these days.
The establishment pols ensure we don't give the crazies a voice. That is important. Do you really think if George Bush had lost the election, his supporters would have stormed the Capitol? Because I can't picture that happening.

Megyn Kelly does go on to say there is no place she would want to put her kids in NY, private or public. Stands to reason, imo, public would be at least as "woke" as private schools.
OK, so should private schools. But at least if the private school does so the parents in theory can move the child(s) to someplace without a wacky agenda.

It’s a pretty ridiculous comment that there aren’t any schools in ny that are different. There are tons of hardcore academic schools in ny.

The establishment pols ensure we don't give the crazies a voice. That is important. Do you really think if George Bush had lost the election, his supporters would have stormed the Capitol? Because I can't picture that happening.

No, I don't think any Bush supporters would have "gone there" and stormed the Capitol. But that fact in isolation does not make me comfortable with all other aspects of what resembles a "caste" system in national politics...IMO.

It’s a pretty ridiculous comment that there aren’t any schools in ny that are different. There are tons of hardcore academic schools in ny.
Ridiculous? Bill Maher said he's been hearing "very much the same thing from other parents" concerning pulling their kids.

Whether it's all schools who knows, but it is undoubtedly a problem in a large number of both public and private schools.

I think it would help immensely if people stopped labeling themselves as being a liberal OR a conservative. The reason being is simple; NO ONE is a liberal OR a conservative ALL THE TIME. You're only one or the other based on who else is participating in the collective experience at a given time.

The key is to have a balance- to be some of both and never all one or the other, even to yourself! When you drive a car, you don't constantly press the gas pedal. You brake sometimes, and you gas sometimes!

When I'm around "religious people", and we discuss religion, they think I'm an atheist. When I am around atheists, then I sound like a "religious person" to the atheists. That is how I know that I have myself in a balanced understanding!

The same goes with social and political subjects, and groups. If I'm in a group who believe themselves to be mostly "conservative", then I will seem like the liberal to them. And, if it's an allegedly liberal group, I'll probably seem more conservative to them. It's not something I TRY to do, it just turns out that way, almost effortlessly.
Well said

They are in control of public school systems, clearly.
She did say that her children were in the NYC private school system, this is apparently where this happened. Somehow this discussion has turned it all on the public schools. I know some off the wall stuff goes on in public schools, but some of it happens in private schools also.

Ridiculous? Bill Maher said he's been hearing "very much the same thing from other parents" concerning pulling their kids.

Whether it's all schools who knows, but it is undoubtedly a problem in a large number of both public and private schools.

I know tons of people in nyc. This is ridiculous. Her kids school sucks and that’s too bad. To say they are like this is just false. Her kids go to Collegiate and I know other parents there with the same complaints. But this isn’t happening at dalton or Horace Mann or Chapin or Spence. Etc

Last edited:
Reactions: praguehawk
I know tons of people in nyc. This is ridiculous. Her kids school sucks and that’s too bad. To say they are like this is just false. Her kids go to Collegiate and I know other parents there with the same complaints. But this isn’t happening at dalton or Horace Mann or Chapin or Spence. Etc
I'm glad to hear that. Really.

I chimed in because you were the second poster to bluntly point out that her kids went to private school. As I said, Kelly went on to say she (as well as Maher, presumably) found the problem in public schools as well.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I'm glad to hear that. Really.

I chimed in because you were the second poster to bluntly point out that her kids went to private school. As I said, Kelly went on to say she (as well as Maher, presumably) found the problem in public schools as well.

I have no idea what happens in the nyc public schools but I know from what’s going in Chicago that the public schools are a huge problem. I think her real problem in finding a new school is that she is a polarizing figure. I know when her kids started at collegiate they weren’t very welcome.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk

Yes. Agreed.

But, the extremists are always the loudest people in the room. People with "balance" do not shout at the rain! So, when the only people that shout are extremists, they get listened to. It's a frustrating part of society today.

Yes. Agreed.

But, the extremists are always the loudest people in the room. People with "balance" do not shout at the rain! So, when the only people that shout are extremists, they get listened to. It's a frustrating part of society today.

I find that those who shout the loudest usually have the least to say and and are just trying to bully others. We as a society need to stop letting them get away with it, regardless of political affiliation.

Should parents wait until something like this happens at their school to do something about it? Public schools are undoubtedly trending this way if not all as radical as NYC. New Illinois standards say that teachers should “embrace and encourage progressive viewpoints.”

Yes. Agreed.

I don't listen to them.

Elementary kids should be learning to read, write, math and build on the basics.

instead of indoctrination of being told they have to do something a certain way, i would rather see older students take issues and research them to prepare for a debate, preferably debating against their personal positions. If students did that, they could get some awareness of where the people on the opposite side of their argument is coming from.

When I was in approx 6th grade there was a Hardees coming to town. They were going to cut down a large mature tree on Main Street at the location. We were forced to write a letter to Hardee's to save the tree or not. We weren't forced to take the side of saving the tree but this was a Science class and it was pretty well implied on what side you should take. At that age in small town Iowa I didn't give a hoot about the tree. I just wanted Hardee's to come to town. I still wrote that I wanted to keep the tree because I wanted to appease my teacher and I was worried what would happen if I didn't take that stance. Anyways CSB. Just made me think of it. With my oldest in kindergarten this Cleveland Indian example is crazy.
Haha what town!?

ADVERTISEMENT