ADVERTISEMENT

Megyn Kelly on Real Time with Bill Maher

Real Time for me has always been one of the better political shows for me, even though I lean right. There is an unfiltered character of the show that I think is authentic in a way Meet The Press or other like it are not.

So Megyn Kelly is on last night talking about pulling her kids out of NYC schools based on critical race theory ideas gone completely off the rails. Maher agreed as I think any reasonable person would.

The reaction to this on Twitter was a amazing. Basically Bill Maher is now “part of the problem” and white people are evilif they don’t want their kindergarten children activated.

I’m not sure when I became the crazy one. This stuff is insane and eye opening for me as a parent of a 3rd grader and 5th grader.
If Megyn is telling the truth, and I will give her the benefit of the doubt here, none of that should be pushed on to elementary aged kids, if any kid in a school. She said "all boys" and "all girls" schools...were they private?? I agree with Bill the vast majority of the time and I think I do here as well.

Fauxrage, and willing to use her kids as props. If she hadn't sucked on MSNBC and NBC she wouldn't have to be a victim to get attention to resurrect her career.
Again, I usually agree with you but this post has nothing to do with the topic.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Real Time for me has always been one of the better political shows for me, even though I lean right. There is an unfiltered character of the show that I think is authentic in a way Meet The Press or other like it are not.

So Megyn Kelly is on last night talking about pulling her kids out of NYC schools based on critical race theory ideas gone completely off the rails. Maher agreed as I think any reasonable person would.

The reaction to this on Twitter was a amazing. Basically Bill Maher is now “part of the problem” and white people are evilif they don’t want their kindergarten children activated.

I’m not sure when I became the crazy one. This stuff is insane and eye opening for me as a parent of a 3rd grader and 5th grader.
My kindergartner was insistent that MLK was shot by the police. No idea what he heard or how he got there but he says his teacher read it to them in a book.

I doubt that's what he heard, but somehow that was his takeaway.

Again, I usually agree with you but this post has nothing to do with the topic.
She has made the rounds on a couple of issues involving her kids and their schooling.
Go to a school board meeting if it means that much to you, Megyn. Maher can’t address your concerns.

She has made the rounds on a couple of issues involving her kids and their schooling.
Go to a school board meeting if it means that much to you, Megyn. Maher can’t address your concerns.

Private schools don't have a "school board".

I kind of get your point but probably different reasons then you are making.. She said in a 2016 interview she is a life long Catholic. If this was an issue to her she could easily move her kids to a parochial school. They probably won't teach them these things in the manner the non religious private school is. This gives her a talking point on shows like Maher's though.

do-the-work-book-summary-book-review-steven-pressfield-700x387.jpg

Thanks, but I already walked away from religious horseshit.

Love that all you fvcking morons who are so dismissive of religion embrace "this work."

Eat my elbow.

I probably agree with Bill Maher more than any other political commentator. He calls both sides out and is pretty reasonable most of the time.

At the very least he's to be applauded for disregarding tribal lines and challenging the notions of what people are off limits and thoughts unacceptable.

He had frigging Megan Kelly and Erza Klein on the same damn show.

We need more of that.

Who were the adults that came up with those beyond ridiculous curriculum for those NYC. Students??? As a teacher, that’s embarrassing to see. One lesson example they talked about was to have kindergartners write to the Cleveland Indians objecting to their mascot! That’s a basket full of ridiculous!!
Not sure who came up with it but I can be 100% certain they don’t live in Southlake

.Southlake

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Maher said HE was the one who invited her on the show, because HE wanted to address her concerns because HE had many other people come to him with the same concerns.

And it would be another thing entirely if we all agreed that a kindergartner being asked to write a letter to the Cleveland Indians objecting to their mascot was insane. Unfortunately there is an organized attempt to push this point of view in public schools on kids that can’t even read yet

Can you provide a link to the Cleveland Indians claim? I'm not saying it's wrong, but haven't heard about it. I have two 3rd graders and a K and there hasn't been anything even close to this topic from them or the school?

At the very least he's to be applauded for disregarding tribal lines and challenging the notions of what people are off limits and thoughts unacceptable.

He had frigging Megan Kelly and Erza Klein on the same damn show.

We need more of that.
He should be applauded for challenging the notion that people and opinions are unacceptable!?! Unfortunately you’re right.

The idea that Megyn Kelly is some kind of fringe kook is amazing. Her mortal sin was saying that when she was a kid people would darken their skin to dress up like Diana Ross for Halloween. The horror. And for that she deserves to be shunned from polite society forever.

Can you provide a link to the Cleveland Indians claim? I'm not saying it's wrong, but haven't heard about it. I have two 3rd graders and a K and there hasn't been anything even close to this topic from them or the school?
Megyn Kelly makes the claim in the interview. Her kindergartner was asked to do it.

I have no idea what happens in the nyc public schools but I know from what’s going in Chicago that the public schools are a huge problem. I think her real problem in finding a new school is that she is a polarizing figure. I know when her kids started at collegiate they weren’t very welcome.
Which is really a sad commentary on people. Kelly seems like a likeable enough person who has her children’s best interest at heart. Her disgust at her kindergardener being asked to write a letter of protest to the Cleveland Indian baseball team I could feel! Absolute bullshit to ask/ require a 6 year old to so participate that way.

Not sure who came up with it but I can be 100% certain they don’t live in Southlake

.Southlake
Guarandamntee you they don't teach that garbage in most of Texas. My kids went to Richardson schools in the 80's and 90's and no time was spent on nonsense.
I see you're in Cowtown...my son and his wife went to TCU.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Kelly was asked by Maher to tell the story. Maher talked about having other parents he knew complaining about this same thing to him.And Fred...Kelly’s child is in kindergarten! Kelly said she thought perhaps the school should be more concerned about teaching her son WHERE Cleveland is located S opposed to writing a letter claiming “the Indians” are racist!
She is 100% correct.

Guarandamntee you they don't teach that garbage in most of Texas. My kids went to Richardson schools in the 80's and 90's and no time was spent on nonsense.
I see you're in Cowtown...my son and his wife went to TCU.
Keller actually, so suburban Southlake. In laws are Frogs. I have one at SMU and one deciding between the real world and grad school. I’m actually in agreement, this is garbage and not helpful in addressing anyone’s experience.

Kelly was asked by Maher to tell the story. Maher talked about having other parents he knew complaining about this same thing to him.And Fred...Kelly’s child is in kindergarten! Kelly said she thought perhaps the school should be more concerned about teaching her son WHERE Cleveland is located S opposed to writing a letter claiming “the Indians” are racist!
She is 100% correct.

Sure, I just hadn't heard of it and it certainly isn't happening at our school nor any other student I've encountered. So does a small sample equal a larger problem? Maybe? I just never heard of it. Did they also write the WFT? Fighting Illini? Seems like hyperbole which most newstainment normally shoots for

Sure, I just hadn't heard of it and it certainly isn't happening at our school nor any other student I've encountered. So does a small sample equal a larger problem? Maybe? I just never heard of it. Did they also write the WFT? Fighting Illini? Seems like hyperbole which most newstainment normally shoots for
Fred...this week’s Maher is very good. It’s worth a watch. He has been on a pretty solid roll since the election.

Are you living under a rock?

Here is a link to new teachers guidelines in Illinois, that teachers should be progressives.
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illi...essive-values-over-diverse-views-critics-say/

Are you living under a rock?

LOL! This is more liberal indoctrination BS we've always heard from the Cons.

Responding to questions from Democratic Rep. Andre Thapedi, of Chicago, Elliott explained that the process of drafting the standards began in 2017, during former Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner’s administration. It started with the state board putting together a leadership team to meet with education officials from other states. Later, the board put together a task force to come up with the actual rules.

Ssounds like Rs want to teach diversity just as much as the Ds. Let me just say that's a good thing. Find your outrage elsewhere

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT