ADVERTISEMENT

Megyn Kelly on Real Time with Bill Maher

Bill Maher is a pseudo-intellectual whose claim to fame is boning Playboy leftovers after Hugh Hefner got done. Bill was all over the sloppy 2nds, 3rds, 4ths available in the grotto at the Playboy Mansion. I've never understood what people see in him.

Reactions: PurdueClassof02
Bill Maher is a pseudo-intellectual whose claim to fame is boning Playboy leftovers after Hugh Hefner got done. Bill was all over the sloppy 2nds, 3rds, 4ths available in the grotto at the Playboy Mansion. I've never understood what people see in him.

a.) "Sloppy seconds" is a thing douchebags say.
b.) His claim to fame is being a successful comedian who's been in movies and on TV since the 80's.
c.) You'd give anything to bone chicks that didn't get in Playboy and would never even be invited to the grotto.

I swear, "pseudo-intellectual" must have one of the highest misuse rates of any frequently uttered phrase I notice.

I think it would help immensely if people stopped labeling themselves as being a liberal OR a conservative. The reason being is simple; NO ONE is a liberal OR a conservative ALL THE TIME. You're only one or the other based on who else is participating in the collective experience at a given time.

The key is to have a balance- to be some of both and never all one or the other, even to yourself! When you drive a car, you don't constantly press the gas pedal. You brake sometimes, and you gas sometimes!

When I'm around "religious people", and we discuss religion, they think I'm an atheist. When I am around atheists, then I sound like a "religious person" to the atheists. That is how I know that I have myself in a balanced understanding!

The same goes with social and political subjects, and groups. If I'm in a group who believe themselves to be mostly "conservative", then I will seem like the liberal to them. And, if it's an allegedly liberal group, I'll probably seem more conservative to them. It's not something I TRY to do, it just turns out that way, almost effortlessly.
Centrists.jpg

Reactions: PurdueClassof02
I swear, "pseudo-intellectual" must have one of the highest misuse rates of any frequently uttered phrase I notice.
Well, the guy who used it claims to be a scientist and a law-talkin-guy and violated HIPPA regarding a Johnson County teenager who died. He's not exactly bright.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure that has anything to do with my comments. "Conservative" and "Liberal" are both relative things.

Being alive and being dead aren't quite as relative. And, being alive isn't conservative or liberal, and being dead really isn't conservative or liberal. The ways in which we conduct ourselves while we are "alive" can be construed as conservative or liberal. And, ways in which these bodies cease to function (achieve dead-ness) can be construed as conservative or liberal. But, I firmly believe that these contrasts are exploited by people who stand to lose or gain a great deal on the outcomes, or just keeping-up the appearance of a contrast! And, which in-turn, distorts their importance or lack-of-importance to people who, otherwise, don't give the matters much thought, or, probably, have a more universal understanding of them until the exploitation creates a more nuanced perception.

What your cartoon represents, to me, is human tribalism and its detrimental ramifications! I've seen liberals and conservatives cling to tribalism equally, and with impunity.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I'm not really sure that has anything to do with my comments. "Conservative" and "Liberal" are both relative things.

Being alive and being dead aren't quite as relative. And, being alive isn't conservative or liberal, and being dead really isn't conservative or liberal. The ways in which we conduct ourselves while we are "alive" can be construed as conservative or liberal. And, ways in which these bodies cease to function (achieve dead-ness) can be construed as conservative or liberal. But, I firmly believe that these contrasts are exploited by people who stand to lose or gain a great deal on the outcomes, or just keeping-up the appearance of a contrast! And, which in-turn, distorts their importance or lack-of-importance to people who, otherwise, don't give the matters much thought, or, probably, have a more universal understanding of them until the exploitation creates a more nuanced perception.

What your cartoon represents, to me, is human tribalism and its detrimental ramifications! I've seen liberals and conservatives cling to tribalism equally, and with impunity.

I think what the cartoon represents is one “tribe” counts among its numbers the KKK, the proud boys, neo-nazis, and the people who called the cops that they didn’t end up killing the n bomb on 1/6. The other includes people who maybe go a little too far in making life easier for black and trans people. And some people wear it as a badge of honor that they can see “both sides” or can’t tell the difference between the two.

“I want my child to be accommodated if they decide they’re trans” isn’t as insane or dangerous as storming the Capitol and bringing an AR to chipotle just because you can. There’s not an equivalence.

Lol

I think what the cartoon represents is one “tribe” counts among its numbers the KKK, the proud boys, neo-nazis, and the people who called the cops that they didn’t end up killing the n bomb on 1/6. The other includes people who maybe go a little too far in making life easier for black and trans people. And some people wear it as a badge of honor that they can see “both sides” or can’t tell the difference between the two.
“I want my child to be accommodated if they decide they’re trans” isn’t as insane as storming the Capitol and bringing an AR to chipotle just because you can. There’s not an equivalence.

The "difference between the two" is relative to who you are, and your individual experience. No two people have identical circumstances. They can have similar, but never identical. And, this assumption that one "side" is consciously, purposely maligning other people and deriving pleasure from it, is an example of how far the belief of "Us vs. Them" can go... ON BOTH SIDES!

I get it. You've chosen to believe that you are ALWAYS something... all the time, and it's always right. And, you've established a whole system of thought and perception to justify that belief. There's as much information-- and even behavior and "data" behind it-- out there to counter your beliefs and claim the opposite is true. You refuse to acknowledge it, but I promise you that "the other side" has the same opinion about you that you have about them. It's an illusion!

"My side is not as bad as their side." That's the motto of everyone who believes that there actually are SIDES.

My favorite part of your post was: "The other includes people who maybe go a little too far..." I love how that implies very little, if any, long-term negative results. That's what I love about these "sides." They never admit the degree of their own shortcomings! They can't! If they did, they'd realize that one is just as right/wrong as the other and then they'd be forced to reconcile that. It's like when a religious person realizes that "God" isn't a HE! It's a very difficult reality. It's almost like realizing that you have betrayed yourself.

A great deal of liberal/progressive ideology in today's culture is devoted to convincing people that it's much more promising to live life as a victim. Not just to accept that you're a victim, but to WANT TO BE a victim! The long-term damage from that is immeasurable.

I'm not proclaiming any superiority. I'm simply trying to explain what I am observing. If you enjoy playing the game, play it. But, don't get so upset when someone reminds you that you ARE playing a game!

The "difference between the two" is relative to who you are, and your individual experience. No two people have identical circumstances. They can have similar, but never identical. And, this assumption that one "side" is consciously, purposely maligning other people and deriving pleasure from it, is an example of how far the belief of "Us vs. Them" can go... ON BOTH SIDES!

I get it. You've chosen to believe that you are ALWAYS something... all the time, and it's always right. And, you've established a whole system of thought and perception to justify that belief. There's as much information-- and even behavior and "data" behind it-- out there to counter your beliefs and claim the opposite is true. You refuse to acknowledge it, but I promise you that "the other side" has the same opinion about you that you have about them. It's an illusion!

"My side is not as bad as their side." That's the motto of everyone who believes that there actually are SIDES.

My favorite part of your post was: "The other includes people who maybe go a little too far..." I love how that implies very little, if any, long-term negative results. That's what I love about these "sides." They never admit the degree of their own shortcomings! They can't! If they did, they'd realize that one is just as right/wrong as the other and then they'd be forced to reconcile that. It's like when a religious person realizes that "God" isn't a HE! It's a very difficult reality. It's almost like realizing that you have betrayed yourself.

A great deal of liberal/progressive ideology in today's culture is devoted to convincing people that it's much more promising to live life as a victim. Not just to accept that you're a victim, but to WANT TO BE a victim! The long-term damage from that is immeasurable.

I'm not proclaiming any superiority. I'm simply trying to explain what I am observing. If you enjoy playing the game, play it. But, don't get so upset when someone reminds you that you ARE playing a game!
Are you a stoned 19-year-old?

Are you a stoned 19-year-old?
No, I'm not. I've been completely sober since 1988.

Enjoy your game. And, by the way, I have fervent opinions about the things that I experience, observe and share. But, I try to have some humility in knowing that I'm not always right, I don't have it all figured out, and I have no interest in aligning myself with this illusion of sides. I can be for or against something without being part of some social-political club that really only succeeds in dumbing-down its members.

Are you jealous of him? You're definitely coming-off that way. He's Ivy-League educated, he's been famous for most of his adult life, he's shown SOME humility over his career. He's never claimed to be perfect, but he's articulate and he welcomes all comers to his platform.

That lame-ass attempt to bash him for fvcking Hefner's leftovers was... really lame. You'd jump at the chance to bang Maher's leftovers. He's a smug celebrity, but he provides some entertainment and occasionally hits the bullseye. He doesn't always flatter "The Left." I'm thankful for that. He realizes that "The Left" is prone to smugness that knows no equal.

Yeah, playing the middle in and of itself isn't virtuous.
I'm not playing in the middle. It's impossible to be in the middle of something that doesn't exist.

That cartoon is NOT REALITY. It doesn't even accomplish satire, or even parodying reality. It does persist in the idea that the extremes are also the norm. They're not... at least, not yet.

Are you jealous of him? You're definitely coming-off that way. He's Ivy-League educated, he's been famous for most of his adult life, he's shown SOME humility over his career. He's never claimed to be perfect, but he's articulate and he welcomes all comers to his platform.

That lame-ass attempt to bash him for fvcking Hefner's leftovers was... really lame. You'd jump at the chance to bang Maher's leftovers. He's a smug celebrity, but he provides some entertainment and occasionally hits the bullseye. He doesn't always flatter "The Left." I'm thankful for that. He realizes that "The Left" is prone to smugness that knows no equal.
No. I just think he's from a different era. The world has moved on. It ain't the 80's still.

LOL! This is more liberal indoctrination BS we've always heard from the Cons.

Responding to questions from Democratic Rep. Andre Thapedi, of Chicago, Elliott explained that the process of drafting the standards began in 2017, during former Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner’s administration. It started with the state board putting together a leadership team to meet with education officials from other states. Later, the board put together a task force to come up with the actual rules.

Ssounds like Rs want to teach diversity just as much as the Ds. Let me just say that's a good thing. Find your outrage elsewhere
Except the Dems are actually trying to enact this into public Schools.

Except the Dems are actually trying to enact this into public Schools.

We've heard about the BS Liberal indoctrination for years. If that means more diversity, sign me up. The Republicans who aren't complete garbage agree with the Dems. Thanks for classifying as a piece of garbage.

We've heard about the BS Liberal indoctrination for years. If that means more diversity, sign me up. The Republicans who aren't complete garbage agree with the Dems. Thanks for classifying as a piece of garbage.
Another on board the canoe!

Last edited:
First off, love Bill Maher. Saw him at the Civic Center in Des Moines a few years back. I love intelligent humor and people who have the courage to tell it like it is.

I'm very left leaning and find this stuff absolutely ridiculous and counterproductive. I'm especially appalled that kids are being subjected to it. Sane people on the left need to have the same visceral reaction to this that we expected of sane people on the right to have toward Trump.
Interesting coming from the the Catholic/former evangelical preachy "both sides" guy from a year ago who now ridicules MAGAts and is calling himself agnostic. You're seriously all over the place, dude

Interesting coming from the the Catholic/former evangelical preachy "both sides" guy from a year ago who now ridicules MAGAts and is calling himself agnostic. You're seriously all over the place, dude

Aww, I have a fan. Thank you for the support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT