ADVERTISEMENT

Mejia a Hawk!

This is great news! Hopefully he can get to 133? Could he wrestle 125 as a true freshman while Spencer Lee red shirts? I know we rarely/never pull the shirt but if he is the 2nd best option to Lee whom I believe will redshirt due to injury ..... could it happen? Does he have the ability?

Let all the speculation begin!

I'm super pumped to have Mejia back on board and have been a fan of his. I do think this eliminates Teasdale re-flipping

I don't think it eliminates Teasdale at all because of his size. Projects as a 141. However, I think it puts Teske in a tough spot unless he can beat Lee or Mejia..... Still nowhere near the log jam PSU is dealing with.

Reactions: Knight563
This is great news! Hopefully he can get to 133? Could he wrestle 125 as a true freshman while Spencer Lee red shirts? I know we rarely/never pull the shirt but if he is the 2nd best option to Lee whom I believe will redshirt due to injury ..... could it happen? Does he have the ability?

Let all the speculation begin!
id say no, have them both redshirt and the 2018 lineup could look like
Lee
Mejia
Happel/ Turk
Lugo/ Happel/Turk
Kem
Marinelli
Young
Wilcke
Warner
Stoll

If I had to guess, Teske ends up at ISU..he will get offered the most there and he could probably step in and be a 125 for 4 years.
do you figure that Gomez will be @ 133 then? makes the most sense for Teske to be at isu now/ or even maybe uni has a long shot at him.

do you figure that Gomez will be @ 133 then? makes the most sense for Teske to be at isu now/ or even maybe uni has a long shot at him.

Gomez is definitely at 133..could even grow into 141 if Storr gets any bigger.

And Iowa definitely still wants Teske..just don't know if they will be able to give him the same sort of deal that ISU can..we'll see soon maybe since coaches can start to give financial offers to recruits starting July 1.

I say ISU may have the inside track due to the amount of money they can offer (they have a ton to give to this class) and the fact hes been training with the new staff at the CRTC in Ames.

Just what I'm hearing..

they do. depth is good. how big is vega? thought he was always on the smaller side of 125

Vega is a stud, but he is a small 125..may never grown into a big enough 125 lber to compete at a level they want.

Teske is obviously a stud.

ADVERTISEMENT