ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker FIRED FOR CAUSE as investigation into Sexual Harassment Continues. Mark Dantonio has Returned, Serving as Associate Head Coach

I'm all for MSU getting the hammer but has this happened before?

"ESPN believes the denial is a violation of state open records law and has engaged a Michigan-based law firm to pursue potential litigation."

Well, that's one way to get out of a terrible contract.

From the story:

Tucker is in his fourth season as Michigan State's head coach. He signed a contract extension in November 2021 worth roughly $95 million over 10 years, making him one of the highest paid coaches in college sports.

Tucker's contract says the school can fire him with cause "if the coach engaged in any conduct which constitutes moral turpitude or, which in the university's reasonable judgment, would tend to bring public disrespect, contempt or ridicule."

Michigan State is 2-0 this season after defeating Richmond 45-14 Saturday.

Rules, damit.

Brendy-Tracy-Mel-Tucker.jpg

You can't fix "stupid".
No kidding, if this happened then why the hell didnt he wait until she is off the phone. Just an older guy trying to have a younger (maybe?) woman because he cant control himself. Us men can have trouble controlling our hormones etc but Geez he is successful, rich, and supposed to be a leader of young men at a school that is just been a swamp of devastating sexual misconduct. As you said, just stupid

No kidding, if this happened then why the hell didnt he wait until she is off the phone. Just an older guy trying to have a younger (maybe?) woman because he cant control himself. Us men can have trouble controlling our hormones etc but Geez he is successful, rich, and supposed to be a leader of young men at a school that is just been a swamp of devastating sexual misconduct. As you said, just stupid
History is filled with stuff like this. Presidents even.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Really need to have a provision in there for complete goddamn stupidity. Not about what he did, that's certainly stupid. But to admit that... Wow.

ANY number excuses could be made to cover his ass. She made it up... Of course i wasn't REALLY doing that on the phone... But to say of course I did, no big deal, indicates you don't have a fully functioning brain and should be terminated because of that.

I guess it's a little better than telling her you are going to fix her ankle by fingering her???

So it is a step up for MSU in a way

Reactions: CookyMonster
Huh?
Was she also in the same room with him?
Sounds like he was harassing himself?
Hang up?

Make it make sense.

Total boner. Maybe he can claim he had a stroke so they don't totally give him the shaft. The tactic is a reach, around which would require some real spunk to pull off. But it's one way to make the administration look like the jerk, offing a sick person. One thing's for sure, his 11-win rent-a-season won't result in erection of a statue in his honor.

Total boner. Maybe he can claim he had a stroke so they don't totally give him the shaft. The tactic is a reach, around which would require some real spunk to pull off. But it's one way to make the administration look like the jerk, offing a sick person. One thing's for sure, his 11-win rent-a-season won't result in erection of a statue in his honor.
I think you got quite a few good ones in there Doodle......

Definitely a dick move.

I doubt what he did is illegal. But maybe university just uses a clause regarding behavior. Or they give him day $15M to just get the heck out as a settlement. If I was him and this is it I would fight it to get every dime for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT