Memorial Day Weekend Music Thread

SoDakHawk

HR Legend
Sep 14, 2006
Not an "American" song, per se, but a song that really captures the spirit.

The Green Fields of France - Dropkick Murphys

Though the thread starts off pretty heavy and somber feel free to share whatever tunes you are listening to over the weekend. I've found a lot of good music from my fellow HORTers through these music threads.

Prost!

ETA - added song title as I see it is restricted on YouTube due to content. Which brings up another subject, really, restricting that song for content? It's all real. It happened. Should not be restricted. Should be required listening.

Last edited:

SSG T

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2002
The most patriotic song known, I mean it's always used that way.

Reactions: NCHawk5

SoDakHawk

HR Legend
Sep 14, 2006
Listening to Free Bird after Poison Whiskey. This song is still incredible. Even better on a good stereo system, which I have. It's like hearing the song for the first time all over again. So many details.

Reactions: The Tradition

Jimmy McGill

HR Legend
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2018
Earth
I have between now and 3 p.m. to get my lips ready for national taps playing. My trumpet might not agree with me

sultanofsuede

HR Heisman
Nov 30, 2004

Though the thread starts off pretty heavy and somber feel free to share whatever tunes you are listening to over the weekend. I've found a lot of good music from my fellow HORTers through these music threads.

Prost!

ETA - added song title as I see it is restricted on YouTube due to content. Which brings up another subject, really, restricting that song for content? It's all real. It happened. Should not be restricted. Should be required listening.

Prost!

Latest posts