ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Day Weekend Music Thread

SoDakHawk

HR Legend
Sep 14, 2006
Not an "American" song, per se, but a song that really captures the spirit.

The Green Fields of France - Dropkick Murphys

Though the thread starts off pretty heavy and somber feel free to share whatever tunes you are listening to over the weekend. I've found a lot of good music from my fellow HORTers through these music threads.

Prost!

ETA - added song title as I see it is restricted on YouTube due to content. Which brings up another subject, really, restricting that song for content? It's all real. It happened. Should not be restricted. Should be required listening.

Last edited:
Listening to Free Bird after Poison Whiskey. This song is still incredible. Even better on a good stereo system, which I have. It's like hearing the song for the first time all over again. So many details.

Reactions: The Tradition
I have between now and 3 p.m. to get my lips ready for national taps playing. My trumpet might not agree with me

Though the thread starts off pretty heavy and somber feel free to share whatever tunes you are listening to over the weekend. I've found a lot of good music from my fellow HORTers through these music threads.

Prost!

ETA - added song title as I see it is restricted on YouTube due to content. Which brings up another subject, really, restricting that song for content? It's all real. It happened. Should not be restricted. Should be required listening.

Prost!

ADVERTISEMENT