ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Day weekend plans

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
Whats everyone up to this weekend? Wife and I planned on boating Sat, Sun, and Monday, but doesn't look like the weather will be cooperating with us. We always start Memorial Day off with a bloody mary and go to the veterans memorial in town, but sounds like that is on hold as well. Might have to start looking for other things to do. Maybe I will steal some of your ideas.

Reactions: Nipigu
Work on Saturday to be flexible and away from people. Sunday we have to go to Minneapolis to move the boy from one apartment to another one for the Summer. It is going to be interesting to see how things look. We normally stay at the Graduate in Minneapolis, but they are closed. The Doubletree a few blocks away is still open, so we will stay there Sunday night. We have a three hour window from 6pm-9pm on Sunday night to make the move, UM has things highly regulated. Monday we will probably just shag a few times, then drive home. I look forward to some poor watching as we pass by Clear Lake and Floyd. Standard get the f*** through Waterloo as fast as we can drill.

Whats everyone up to this weekend? Wife and I planned on boating Sat, Sun, and Monday, but doesn't look like the weather will be cooperating with us. We always start Memorial Day off with a bloody mary and go to the veterans memorial in town, but sounds like that is on hold as well. Might have to start looking for other things to do. Maybe I will steal some of your ideas.
Miami Beach.
Group annual event. Originally going for air show but now guys playing doral 3 days and ladies beach.

SIP. Eat ice cream. Gain weight

Cape Coral, Florida. Checking on progress on the building of our house and eating copious amounts of seafood.

No plans other than normal work and some house chores. Someone recently mentioned brisket. Maybe I’ll do one.

What I need to do is replace the gaskets on the Egg. The vent/draft door needs replaced too. Whew, I’m exhausted already.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
SIP and grilling some steaks while engaging the distant family with our new Facebook Portal tvs. I bought one for my parents, one for my sister’s household and one for a brother in law’s household. The InLaws and a sister in law’s household already have one on their own.

Having some friends come over to grill out. HOA announced they’re going to be pussies and not open the pool until June 1st (probably too cold anyway). May have something to do with governors orders— not sure, email too long, not much local news on Disney+ or Netflix.

Cape Coral, Florida. Checking on progress on the building of our house and eating copious amounts of seafood.
BIL wants us to come to his place in Cape Coral Next week. I'm leaning no due to air travel and taking our 20 month old with.

Nothing major. Would like to go fishing but all major lakes by me will be jammed and rivers are wicked high. 7+ inches of rain last weekend has made fishing tough for a bit. Probably just hanging out with the neighbors

Working my second job Saturday and Sunday weather permitting. Hoping to see my family at some point.

Weather looks not great. Still...planning to mow and do a little touch up exterior painting and small house projects Friday/Saturday. Relax/grill/drink beer/ride bike/play with kids/watch movies and do nothing Sunday/Monday.

Hopeful that our city pool will be open in a few weeks (fingers crossed)

Reactions: jasonrann
Weather looks not great. Still...planning to mow and do a little touch up exterior painting and small house projects Friday/Saturday. Relax/grill/drink beer/ride bike/play with kids/watch movies and do nothing Sunday/Monday.

Hopeful that our city pool will be open in a few weeks (fingers crossed)

I remember going to Okoboji for Memorial Day weekend to camp as a kid. It never failed, it would be in the 70's the week before, in the 70's the week after, but Memorial Day weekend would be 50's and 60's and rain the entire weekend. We still had fun though!

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
We did a lot of projects in March and April. Built an outdoor kitchen, moved a fence, laid sod, installed windows for our screen porch. We’re going to relax. BBQ, probably have friends over so social distanced drinks.

Son is breaking quarantine. He and three friends are going to one if his friends’ family beach house in Ocean City NJ. They’ve all been SIP since March, so they figured they will be fine. Just want to be together for a bit.

I remember going to Okoboji for Memorial Day weekend to camp as a kid. It never failed, it would be in the 70's the week before, in the 70's the week after, but Memorial Day weekend would be 50's and 60's and rain the entire weekend. We still had fun though!
Don't know if I can remember a nice Memorial Day weekend in the last 5-10 years. Forrest City has a country music festival that weekend that is always a gigantic mud pit. I have no idea why I went ahead and got my hopes up for a weekend of boating.

Isn't it funny that the weather is usually rainy on Memorial weekend.
We used to camp with a group every Memorial weekend in our younger days.
I can't remember many that it did not rain most the time.
In fact we have friends that used to say "well Hendy must be camping cause it's raining"

Looking to pick up a boat one day but doubt we'll find anything. Probably do a pool day a beach day and a fishing day, which will turn into another beach day if the fish aren't biting.

Fishing then a BBQ with friends Sunday. Lots of beer and no masks so T's and P's at us.

ADVERTISEMENT