ADVERTISEMENT

Merrick Garland and the DOJ

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
Long time ago, I had said the DOJ was sackless. I remain correct to this date. Besides the slap on the wrist sentences for the "insurrectionists," will ole panty waist Merr Merr actually indict anyone of significance? Will the FBI get off its ass and find out who is sending threatening messages/letters to sitting members of Congress? Will the committee hearings "sternly" warn GOP members of their attempted coup? Or will the DOJ and law enforcement secretly admit they too are racist snits and support 3000 pound gorilla who will be back. Guaranteed.

And don't get me started on social media.

Long time ago, I had said the DOJ was sackless. I remain correct to this date. Besides the slap on the wrist sentences for the "insurrectionists," will ole panty waist Merr Merr actually indict anyone? Will the FBI get off its ass and find out who is sending threatening messages to sitting members of Congress? Or will they secretly admit they too are racist snits and support 3000 pound gorilla who will be back. Guaranteed.
Haha, you said panty waist.

Are you asking about the j6 committee?

Ya, the J6. Sounds like a Korean Boy Group :)
They went for public opinion because they didn't have anything that would stand cross exam in a real court. If they have something charge him.

Example "he said fight for me!!!".... "yeah, he also said let us peacefully walk over there together 30 seconds before that"

Here is an ugly truth I could see playing out, admittedly I came up with this after like 5 Jack and cokes on the golf course, Donald Trump sues this committee for slander(or something of the like) because his ability to generate an income has now been tarnished.

I don't think it would go anywhere, but I could totally see Trump doing it.

K pop sucks, K barbecue is legit.

They went for public opinion because they didn't have anything that would stand cross exam in a real court. If they have something charge him.

Here is an ugly truth I could see playing out, admittedly I came up with this after like 5 Jack and cokes on the golf course, Donald Trump sues this committee for slander(or something of the like) because his ability to generate an income has now been tarnished.

I don't think it would go anywhere, but I could totally see Trump doing it.

K pop sucks, K barbecue is legit.
He would lose on summary judgment.

Long time ago, I had said the DOJ was sackless. I remain correct to this date. Besides the slap on the wrist sentences for the "insurrectionists," will ole panty waist Merr Merr actually indict anyone of significance? Will the FBI get off its ass and find out who is sending threatening messages/letters to sitting members of Congress? Will the committee hearings "sternly" warn GOP members of their attempted coup? Or will the DOJ and law enforcement secretly admit they too are racist snits and support 3000 pound gorilla who will be back. Guaranteed.

And don't get me started on social media.

No offense to the twitter links, but I've seen prosecutors go after much less. Much much less and succeed. They are scared and that's the honest truth.

You can't tell me RFK would be like Garland and put his balls in his purse and hide in a cave.

No offense to the twitter links, but I've seen prosecutors go after much less. Much much less and succeed. They are scared and that's the honest truth.

You can't tell me RFK would be like Garland and put his balls in his purse and hide in a cave.
I think he's going down

Reactions: GOHOX69

The difference, and the tricky part, is that Trump is far more than a private citizen like most prosecutions. If he were, he’d already be on trial. But his status as the head of the GOP currently changes this. If/when he were to be charged, it would become a trial unlike any in American history. If the DOJ does go after him, they can’t afford to miss. There can’t be a single crack in the case.

The difference, and the tricky part, is that Trump is far more than a private citizen like most prosecutions. If he were, he’d already be on trial. But his status as the head of the GOP currently changes this. If/when he were to be charged, it would become a trial unlike any in American history. If the DOJ does go after him, they can’t afford to miss. There can’t be a single crack in the case.
Sometimes you can guild a turd indefinitely rather than just flush it down the toilet.

I do not think anyone wants to prosecute a former President, even Trump. The hope by most is that Trump will remove himself from the public eye and go away quietly. Trump refuses to do this though and may end up forcing the issue.

Besides the slap on the wrist sentences for the "insurrectionists," will ole panty waist Merr Merr actually indict anyone of significance?
I think many of the state lawmakers involved in the fake elector scheme stand a good chance to face charges.

Eastman is virtually certain IMO
Clark (former DOJ) - probably
Giuliani - possibly

wildcards - Stone, Flynn and other assorted kooks who advised Trump

I still feel that Garland will elect not to charge Trump. Rather, he will adress the nation and outline all the Trump crimes and corruption and also express the high level of confidence he has in the evidence but finish with a "but in the greater interest of political healing..." rug pull.... (to be immediately followed by a public mocking of Garland by Trump and MAGA nation)..

I think Fulton County, Georgia is where Trump will most likely face formal criminal charges. Don't count out the S. District of NY though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and GOHOX69
I think many of the state lawmakers involved in the fake elector scheme stand a good chance to face charges.

Eastman is virtually certain IMO
Clark (former DOJ) - probably
Giuliani - possibly

wildcards - Stone, Flynn and other assorted kooks who advised Trump

I still feel that Garland will elect not to charge Trump. Rather, he will adress the nation and outline all the Trump crimes and corruption and also express the high level of confidence he has in the evidence but finish with a "but in the greater interest of political healing..." rug pull.... (to be immediately followed by a public mocking of Garland by Trump and MAGA nation)..

I think Fulton County, Georgia is where Trump will most likely face formal criminal charges. Don't count out the S. District of NY though.
The only thing is unless he dies, Trump is running. You can, at that time, see what MAGA ape shit turned to volume 11 will be like. This is my fear. There are plenty, ok a few now, good Republicans. But they are being drowned out by this idiot and his followers. If you don't indict Trump or convict him, he can run. If he is convicted, he can't. It's a devil's bargain.

Reactions: TheCainer
Has anyone told old Merrick he’s been confirmed. Not sure he knows. Disgraceful performance

The only thing is unless he dies, Trump is running. You can, at that time, see what MAGA ape shit turned to volume 11 will be like. This is my fear.
....in which case we will be right back to where this mess originated and, more imprortantly, the ground where the only solution to this problem lies - that is: the Republican party. The Democrats and the left can't "fix" the Republican rot.
There are plenty, ok a few now, good Republicans. But they are being drowned out by this idiot and his followers.
Republican leaders and elected officials who have been on the sideline will need to come forward and challenge Trump and Trumpism. We know they exist in large numbers (GOP House colleagues easily re-elected Liz Cheney to her leadership position by secret ballot before McCarthey capitulated to Trump, for instance). They will either fight to change the direction of the Republican party or go down with the ship.

....in which case we will be right back to where this mess originated and, more imprortantly, the ground where the only solution to this problem lies - that is: the Republican party. The Democrats and the left can't "fix" the Republican rot.

Republican leaders and elected officials who have been on the sideline will need to come forward and challenge Trump and Trumpism. We know they exist in large numbers (GOP House colleagues easily re-elected Liz Cheney to her leadership position by secret ballot before McCarthey capitulated to Trump, for instance). They will either fight to change the direction of the Republican party or go down with the ship.
Or they'll just foment violence and we are on the precipice of a new civil war.

Or they'll just foment violence and we are on the precipice of a new civil war.
This is the one area where I do think that Merrick Garland would be more aggressive. To the extent there is violent political activity against federal targets in 2024, I think it is fair to expect that almost all of it would originate from far right extremists.

Yes, I agree that many of the sentences recommended by the DOJ against Capitol insurrectionist to date are too lenient. I also beleive you will see much stronger sentence recommendations for the organized conspirators such as the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.

I do not think anyone wants to prosecute a former President, even Trump. The hope by most is that Trump will remove himself from the public eye and go away quietly. Trump refuses to do this though and may end up forcing the issue.
Yet the Dems are trying to keep Trump in the public eye.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Yet the Dems are trying to keep Trump in the public eye.
The proper way to look at this is to say that the Dems, and a segment of Republicans, are trying to hold Trump accountable for official misconduct. Big difference.

Not federal prosecutors. They have a 99.6% winning record. They only prosecute slam dunks. That means getting 12 people on the jury that see things the exact same way as the J/6 committee sees them. Good luck with that.

Yet the Dems are still trying to keep Trump in the public eye.
Are you just going to ignore the accumulating evidence of Trump's misconduct and the mounting evidence of criminal behavior?

For several very important reasons, "in the public eye" is exactly where you want this to be examined.

Also, hundreds of Republican officials who served in Trump's White House and/or held executive branch positions under Donald Trump have voluntarily come forward to cooperate with the J6 Committee - are they motivated to testify and provide documention just to keep Trump relevant also?

Are you just going to ignore the accumulating evidence of Trump's misconduct and the mounting evidence of criminal behavior?

For several very important reasons, "in the public eye" is exactly where you want this to be examined.

Also, hundreds of Republican officials who served in Trump's White House and/or held executive branch positions under Donald Trump have voluntarily come forward to cooperate with the J6 Committee - are they motivated to testify and provide documention just to keep Trump relevant also?
I haven't ignored anything. I've been calling for Trump to be prosecuted for well over a year. Stop making assumptions. Why won't Garland prosecute Trump? It's pretty straightforward, right?

• Haha
I haven't ignored anything. I've been calling for Trump to be prosecuted for well over a year. Stop making assumptions. Why won't Garland prosecute Trump? It's pretty straightforward, right?
You have been calling for Trump to be prosecuted for what crimes?

Garland may prosecute, we don't know yet. You never file charges until the investigation is complete. Evidence is still being collected and developed.

You believe that Trump has in fact commited crime(s) but also criticize Dems who share your view of criminal culpability for making evidence which appears to support formal prosecution available to the public. OK then.

ADVERTISEMENT