ADVERTISEMENT

Metcalf and $$$$$$

You all keep talking about all this money that ISU is throwin around, and I just don't believe it. Almost a half million/year payroll for the 58th place team that doesn't drawl shat for attendance? I call BS. Minnesota 40 - ISU 7

You all keep talking about all this money that ISU is throwin around, and I just don't believe it. Almost a half million/year payroll for the 58th place team that doesn't drawl shat for attendance? I call BS. Minnesota 40 - ISU 7

They drew well in wrestling terms prior to KJ running the program into the ground. Among the leaders nationally. The passion is there.

There is this thing called excitement when a new coach gets hired and big donors tend to be part of that process...especially when you can get a Metcalf.

Reactions: Vanillamostly
23's $ amount for Dresser is serious.

Zadick $150k/yr or so is what everyone is saying

$215k/yr for Metcalf

haven't heard a figure on DSJ but it's not the $500k joked about on page 1 of this thread haha.

Reactions: Novakht and wasdt21
Seriously....don't mess with me....I can't tell if people are joking at this point.....that would have to make him the highest paid college wrestling coach in the country....I'm guessing if all these salaries are correct ISU coaches payroll would be almost twice what Iowas is

That's $300K/yr. Tom made more than that last year. Cael reportedly makes far more than that.

Seriously....don't mess with me....I can't tell if people are joking at this point.....that would have to make him the highest paid college wrestling coach in the country....I'm guessing if all these salaries are correct ISU coaches payroll would be almost twice what Iowas is

That's $300K/yr. Tom made more than that last year. Cael reportedly makes far more than that.

Doh did the math wrong....was late....for some reason I was thinking that was 500k/yr... yea Tom made 359 last year....Terry was at 153k....ISU paying two assistants more than him though....well I guess alot of Metcalfs money isn't paid by ISU....but still I would be shocked if Morningstar and Berkow make 50k each but I sure could be wrong....someone I know years ago was sought after for an assistant job at Iowa but couldn't live with the pay cut it would have been to take it....it's a good thing if they can make good money now

We are talking 215k it took to get him to Ames. We already have Terry running the HWC and we may already have a plan to bring him back when Tom/Terry retire.

215K for someone listed as volunteer assistant?? Doesn't sound right or I missed something regarding his real job

23's $ amount for Dresser is serious.

Zadick $150k/yr or so is what everyone is saying

$215k/yr for Metcalf

haven't heard a figure on DSJ but it's not the $500k joked about on page 1 of this thread haha.

Dresser 300
Metcalf 215
Zadick 150
DSJ 75?
Total 740

How does this compare to other schools I wonder?

215K for someone listed as volunteer assistant?? Doesn't sound right or I missed something regarding his real job

School isn't paying any of it. Apparently he's leading the CWC so that's alledgedly what they are paying him to do that.

Doh did the math wrong....was late....for some reason I was thinking that was 500k/yr... yea Tom made 359 last year....Terry was at 153k....ISU paying two assistants more than him though....well I guess alot of Metcalfs money isn't paid by ISU....but still I would be shocked if Morningstar and Berkow make 50k each but I sure could be wrong....someone I know years ago was sought after for an assistant job at Iowa but couldn't live with the pay cut it would have been to take it....it's a good thing if they can make good money now
M* base is mid 50s with travel expenses pushing it to mid 60s per published salary info from the university. I'm sure he makes more at camps but this is what he gets from the UoI. I assume Berhow is paid via HWC.

M* base is mid 50s with travel expenses pushing it to mid 60s per published salary info from the university. I'm sure he makes more at camps but this is what he gets from the UoI. I assume Berhow is paid via HWC.
sounds about right and honestly that is a decent living for a young single guy being able to stay involved in the sport he loves.....thats good....and its increased alot in last ten years....plus getting experience may give him a chance to get a better paying gig later

ADVERTISEMENT